What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vick signs with Eagles

superdog

Juniors
he's not the slightest hope of playing unless something crazy happens (mcnabb and kolb are both in front of him)

Paullyboy

Coach
I cant understand the logic in this. It will bring a LOT of hatred to their organisation and he'll serve no use to them due to the quality ahead of him. I could understand a team with a horrible QB considering him because at the end of the day winning is what they are all about and the negative publicity would eventually die down. But the Eagles have no need for him, so they get the negative publicity without any gain.

Just makes no sense.

Special K

Coach
I haven't followed the nfl in a few years but philly were/are my team.. I might have to get back into it now!

Random as

andrew057

First Grade
Bad move by Philly, this will just divide the team. Its said when you have two quarterbacks, you dont really have a quarterback. Oh well, I hope McNabb gets the f**k out of there, Philly's fans have treated him like sh*t.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I dont know about this
McNabb's just reworked his deal so there is no doubt this is Donavans team, but i can see logic in it. Kolb is reportably injured, we need a good back up and with the O-line we've got and the weapons on offense, the prospect of running a wild cat might just give us the x-factor to win a superbowl

but it will bring much hatred to the organisation, i personally am not sure yet, but if anything, leaning towards excited :D

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Kolb has been a bust thus far.

Vick will take some pressure from MacNabb...

And to be honest, Eagles fans will support their team through thick and thin. They have one of the most hardcore supporter groups and are yet to win a SB...

I say good on them. To be honest, I was hoping my Pats would sign him.

Timbo

Staff member
Makes zero sense.

Signing Vick when you have McNabb is a bit like signing Thurston to cover for Johns.

Other than being unpredictable out of the wildcat, I can't see the point. I was expecting him to come back through the UFL but this is plain bizzarre.

I think he's probably just getting his name out there to set himself up for another franchise.

I love McNabb, hope he destroys this season to show the Eagles front office what a shocking descision this is.

Mal Meninga

Bench
If you watched sports center it makes perfect sense.

Vick has been convinced by his agent and Dungy (I think) to join a strong organization, from leadership, to coaching, to the playing group, and rebuild himself. He's been out of football for 2 years and needs to get himself into football shape. Donovan Mcnabb highly endorsed the move so this is not a threat to his position. Infact, Mcnabb tried to get Vick to commit for Syracuse.

I hope Vick plays like an absolute weapon and gets his second year option picked up. He's paid the ultimate price IMO.

And here's an interesting statistic: Vick has a 8-2 TD to INT ratio against NFC East opponents.

Last edited:

Big Tim

First Grade
It is a fairly good signing IMO.

The NFC East is in preparations for the season and now they all have to be concerned with the threat of a running QB. If at most it throws teams off, it will be a decent signing.

The NFC East is now a lot more spicy.

Cupid Stunt

When I read about this a week or so ago I figured if I buried my head in the sand it'd just go away. Now it hasn't I think I'll wait before passing judgment. With The Don breaking down on a regular basis this could be the sort of two pronged attack that sets a new benchmark in the game. Sort of like a dual hooker role in league. Or it could all turn to sh*te... :lol:

Philly's fans have treated him like sh*t.

LMFAO Based on what, 1999 draft day? Or because he copped a bit of flack for playing sh*te in 06/07? He is a sacred cow in Philly... :crazy:

Timbo

Staff member
It is a fairly good signing IMO.

The NFC East is in preparations for the season and now they all have to be concerned with the threat of a running QB. If at most it throws teams off, it will be a decent signing.

The NFC East is now a lot more spicy.

Because McNabb isn't a rushing QB? Pull the other one, with Vick he was one of the most unpredictable QB's out there!

Latest posts