What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Victory VS Central Coast - a cracker! You better be watching!

Once Dead

Bench
Man, this game is NUTS!

Victory score, Central Coast score, Victory score, Central Coast score! All in the opening 11 minutes!

Now its 3-2 to Central Coast after a penalty when Vargas did a Jade North and got sent off. Muscat once again up to his old tricks and first game back after suspension is red carded after a second (yet questionable) yellow card.

This game is threatening to explode.....I reckon that Melbourne have a big chance - they're killing CC each time with the counter! This game is A-League excellence!

Once Dead

Bench
Now, that was great to watch.....some of those connections leading to goals were crackers!

im not a big soccer fan but i decided to watch the start of it and by far that is the best soccer game i have ever watched....goals a plenty and then players sent off and the 9-man victory had all the scoring chances in the 2nd half, fred thompson and allsopp were sensation and if allsopp keeps this form up he surely has to be in contention to play for the socceroos upfront with archie they make a great combination

and the crowd there was awesome....puts all other teams to shame

Misanthrope

Staff member
I know it didn't have all of the passion of Melbourne vs. Sydney, but f**k me, that was a tremendous game to watch - maybe the best I've seen this season. The four goal salvo in the opening eleven minutes, the sensational send-offs (I still don't think Muscat deserved to go for that second offence), and that match-winner from Allsop! Tremendous! In truth, Melbourne could have drawn that far earlier. Archie Thompson blew a few good opportunities, and Fred blew a deadset sitter (although he made up for it).

Just a tremendous game, and the draw gives Newcastle added incentive to down Bling FC tomorrow night. Lovin' the A-League more and more with each passing week.

ocko

juniors
great game. Muscat ( I usually defend the guy, despite not being a melbourne fan) was a complete dickhead though...there's no way of putting it other than that. He went WAY over the top, was really going out of his way to start trouble, carried on like a total pork chop and it was only a matter of time before he got a red...as a matter of fact, he was lucky to have as long on the pitch as he did, the way he carried on, he could have easily gotten 2 yellows before even 45 minutes. His whole game was just one big brain explosion.

Two goals to Allsopp for my fantasy team though

Raider Ultra

Bench
I suspect the ref had a word to Muscat and he kept going, obviously McMaster got right under his skin. He clearly kicked out at him and the ref had no option to send him. Unfortunately I got in after 15 minutes, couldn't believe there had been 4 goals I'd missed, crazy! Loved seeing Andre Gumprecht sitting with the Mariners fans.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Don't be so surprised, they should have won by at least 1 or 2!

Debateable. Given the tactics they employed immediately after they scored their final goal, I wouldn't have been surprised to see them adopt similar tactics had Fred or Archie Thompson scored. A draw was what they were playing for.

Once Dead

Bench
CWBush said:
Debateable. Given the tactics they employed immediately after they scored their final goal, I wouldn't have been surprised to see them adopt similar tactics had Fred or Archie Thompson scored. A draw was what they were playing for.

I mainly refer to their first half opportunities before losing Muscat...all they had to do was excecute and they didn't...the second half near misses are a bonus....

Misanthrope

Staff member
True enough. I thought Central Coast were very luck to go into the break leading, and they did nothing in the second half to convince me they're a premiership contender.

I attended this game and it was an absolutely beauty!
We could not believe how 4 goals were scored within the first 12 minutes and credit to both teams for displaying such top quality football.

The only thing I was filty about, was myself, for missing Super Danny's equaliser in the 87th minute! I downed one too many Scotch and Cokes and my bladder was bursting. I let loose on some colourful language as I heard the roar from the crowd while I emptied the bladder :x

Bring on the Perth Gory boys this Thursday! :D

Latest posts