What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video Game Mafia Game Thread

Apey

Staff member
I must have misread one of my PMs or I was re-directed, I thought HowHigh was Big Daddy that's why I was saying he was town the whole time :lol:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
For the record, I loved the Bunny lynch, but felt bad when I mod killed Butch for the edit suicide. He came to the logical conclusion that any of us would have considering he had no idea he was cult.

Apey

Staff member
Oh yeah I completely misread one. Wow. How the f**k did that happen? :lol:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I must have misread one of my PMs or I was re-directed, I thought HowHigh was Big Daddy that's why I was saying he was town the whole time :lol:

That was the Portal night I think.

Portal took 6 people, paired them up and those people swapped places. You investigated Drew but the portal meant you got How High's info instead.

Drew-Sta

Staff member

That was the Portal night I think.

Portal took 6 people, paired them up and those people swapped places. You investigated Drew but the portal meant you got How High's info instead.

:lol: That would explain it all then. Fair enough.

Apey

Staff member
Nah I flat out misread the information about HowHigh somehow. I saw armoured and safeguarded and immediately thought Big Daddy, instead of reading the engineer part.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
BTW, the 'game' aspect and the random element was handled really well KTF; those things can be quite unbalanced at times but it worked well I thought this time.

I especially like the Time Crisis one.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Left 4 dead might have given you a 50/50 shot, but most likely just extended your life a phase or two. It would've randomly chosen 2 people and they would've been the only two people who could be voted for.

It was the day version of Dead or Alive which took two people (Thorson/Alma versus SGB/Shepard) and put them in a 50/50 Dead or Alive confrontation.

The only other powers were Final Fantasy which would've been useless as all the girl characters were dead and Fable which would've given true results for kills etc but all the info surrounded it would be completely exaggerated and made up. Both of those ones would've been better for an early use if either you or PP had any idea what the powers did.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
BTW, the 'game' aspect and the random element was handled really well KTF; those things can be quite unbalanced at times but it worked well I thought this time.

I especially like the Time Crisis one.

Speaking of balance, the role block became the STD of Video Game Mafia. :lol:

Dutchy/Master Chief had the ability to take over the first key power lost (role block, protect, vigilante kill, investigate). When Monk went down he got the role block, and then used it on Apey who absorbed the role block, around the same time Soc killed Ozzy and stole his role block. The day Soc died he'd just killed RHCP and taken his ability to turn people vanilla as well. That sucker got passed around.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
PP/Whall's abilities and what they did

10 Abilities with varying effects
- Left 4 Dead – 2 players at random, only they can be voted for the following day
- Final Fantasy – All female characters are enraged, they f**k and they kill

- Dead Or Alive – 2 players chosen at random, one lives, the other dies

- Mass Effect – All actions randomised
- Time Crisis – Night and day are shortenedto 2 hours each
S Spilnter Cell – Mafia is protected from all, kills, blocks and their powers are unblockable. In the event of a target being protected, both the target and protector have a 50/50 chance of survival.
- Fable – Write up reveals entirely false information (aside from final results)

- Dead Rising – Three previously dead are given the ability to use their powers once
- Portal – 3 x 2 players are switched for the night
- Silent Hill – Post limit the following day

Dragon2010

First Grade

Dutchy/Master Chief had the ability to take over the first key power lost (role block, protect, vigilante kill, investigate). When Monk went down he got the role block, and then used it on Apey who absorbed the role block, around the same time Soc killed Ozzy and stole his role block. The day Soc died he'd just killed RHCP and taken his ability to turn people vanilla as well. That sucker got passed around.

Whore ability is whore. ;-)

Drew-Sta

Staff member

At least you didn't write up the role block :sarcasm:

Apey

Staff member
Thanks for running it. Surprised it took me so long to get me dat kill power.

thorson1987

Coach
You are Alma, Bison aligned Psionic child

Alma Wade is the key figure and main antagonist of the F.E.A.R. series and a powerful Psionic who seeks revenge against Armacham Technology Corporation, due to their usage of her in a series of experiments and secret projects with the aim of making her powers financially viable.

Night Action – Fear. You strike fear into the heart of those you touch. PM the name of a player who you will scare each night and they will be unable to act.

You win when all threats to Bison are defeated.

Blocked the bunny first 2 nights incase he was vigilante. Then just kept blocking PP for the lols.

Thanks for the game KTF