What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

video refs

spiderdan

Bench
watching the dragons game last night and laurie "i'm not so bright" daley made a comment about how the video ref should only watch replays at normal speed. i think it was ben creagh that scored and on one angle in slow-mo you can see (or i could) that he loses the ball and grounds it with his bicep. daley crapped on about how at normal speed it's a try and that that's how it should be viewed.

don't know if there is some video ref rule about the speed that they can view it (i think they mentioned something about it last night) but to me the only thing that shouldn't be viewed or judged on a slow-mo replay is a double movement. in a lot of cases things can't be seen at normal speed and the only way to see exactly what happend is in slow motion. i'm not a fan of the amount of replays it takes sometimes but if the right decision is reached then using the technology is justified.

any way i think he makes a lot of dumb-arse calls about things but was curious to know peoples thoughts on the video ref thing.

caylo

Bench
Daley is an idiot and only makes those comments because it was the dragons, but there is a valid point to it in some cases. Burts no try against the tigers i believe it was, looked bad in slow mo. But it was a fair try IMO because his hand never left the ball (he had a finger on it at all times). I think you have to take the good with the bad, but there are some relay weird areas like the forward passes, and obstruction etc. They need to be fixed before anything else, plus Daley is a tool.