What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Villisanti an AUSSIE!

Frenzy

Juniors
On the FOX League show last night the news was broken that Richard Villasanti was born in Australia and is qualified to go on the Roo tour if selected.

I say grab him, if he wants to go.

Thoughts?

skeepe

Immortal
The news was hardly broken by them.. it was in the Sydney Morning Herald before that, but it was hardly a hidden fact for anyone who bothered paying attention

Richard Villasanti is a born and bred Canberra boy, went to Erindale College and played in their Commonwealth Bank Cup team that won 2 titles in a row with the likes of Todd Payten and Brett Finch.

Frenzy

Juniors
Just a tad over reactive there skeepe. I don't read the Herald so they didn't break it to me.

And besides, who cares, I only asked a question :)

millersnose

Post Whore
he is a great player

does anyone know what his international ambition is NZ or Australia?

is he qualified as a NZer?

Razor

Coach
Everyone's known that for years.

He started at Canberra (although not 1st grade), then went to Balmain, then after the merger Wests Tigers, then Auckland. And said when he was at Wests that he hoped to play SOO one day.

millersnose

Post Whore
Razor said:
Everyone's known that for years.

He started at Canberra, then went to Wests, then Auckland. And said when he was at Wests that he hoped to play SOO one day.

well i didnt know that for years

i assumed he was a kiwi

gee everyone is trying to outdo each other in this thread :lol:

i knew longer than you did nyah nyah :lol:

Frenzy

Juniors
Oh good grief!!

I concede, you all have bigger..................

If everyone except me and miller's knows it how come none of you brought it up as a topic considering his form and the amount of drop outs from the tour?

He was born in Canberra and has aspirations of playing for NSW and Australia one day. He knocked the kiwis back to chase these goals (he's eligble for NZ too, and has played for the Juniour Kiwis).

millersnose

Post Whore
thanks daleyisgod

given the injuries to australia if he maintains his form throughout the semis he could very well realise his aspirations

LeagueNut

First Grade
Daniel Anderson has been talking up his chances of making State of Origin for the last couple of years (for the Blues). His representative ambitions are definetly Australian.

ball boy

Bench
he lived in canberra
went 2 kambah high school
played 4 the valley dragons
played 4 erindale collage and one 2 comps with them
moved 2 the tigers to play in there jersy flegg team because he didnt get on with the raiders coach
played 4 the wests tigers and said he wants 2 play soo one day

haha i win

brook

First Grade
lol you forgot the most important detail of his career

despite showing fantastic promise under wayne pearce for balmain and the wests tigers, and being selected in the new zealand train-on side in 2000 (not selected in the final team hence still eligible for australia) he was released by the wests tigers when terry lamb took over because he 'wasn't in the plans' of the wonder-coach (Villa himself was desperate to stay with the tigers having enjoyed his stay at the club and just bought a house in balmain). Lamb refused to offer him a contract instead seeing more promise in canterbury reject and all-round dud Trent Runciman who was to be villa's replacement at the tigers.

If that once decision isn't a good enough reason to write of terry lambs coaching ability I don't know what is

its enough to make you cry - Villa is one of my fav players and i'm estatic to see him going so well but geez i'd kill to have him back home :cry:

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
How does he qualify for New Zealand? And how did he end up getting selected for the Junior Kiwis?

I think his birthparents were NZ residents. He'll definitely play for Aussie if picked & fair enough.

JasonE

Bench
He played 4 games for Tonga in 1999 up in a tournament in PNG, other stars who played in that tournament were Lam Hopoate Nikau Haumono Iro Bai Westley, thats just a few names

ali

Bench
On the news tonight it sounded like he wants to play for the Kiwis. I seem to remember he was adopted, so thats why he goes by the name of Villasanti. Doesn't he speak fluent Spanish because of his adopted parents?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm pretty sure his birth parents were Kiwis and he has Tongan blood so is elegible for both those countries but he was adopted and raised in Canberra so is also elegible for Australia. He's a great player and whichever country he chooses will be lucky to have him.