What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virat Kohli is a f**king sook.

Timbo

Staff member
Kohli accuses Hilfenhaus of offensive sledge
Posted January 26, 2012 20:58:11

Fiery young Indian batsman Virat Kohli scored his maiden Test century before attacking Australia's crowds as abusive drunks and accusing bowler Ben Hilfenhaus of making offensive remarks.

Kohli hit a memorable 116 on the third day of the fourth Test at Adelaide Oval after the Australian bowlers led by Peter Siddle ripped through the rest of the Indian top order.

Kohli had a nervous moment on 99 when he was almost run out and the 23-year-old batsman took offence at a comment from Hilfenhaus in the field at this time.

"Hilfenhaus said something to me which was totally unnecessary, out of the blue," Kohli said.

"He said something which I can't say obviously in a press conference.

"I gave it back to him saying 'you didn't even have anything to do with that. Why did you do that?'.

"Ishant (number 10 batsman Ishant Sharma) and me both came together and starting saying stuff to them.

"I usually play my cricket like that. I like to give it back.

"They sledge when they get frustrated.

"Constantly, they were sledging the players so they could spoil our concentration.

"To give it back verbally and then score a hundred is even better.

"We don't go out there to take any kind of stuff from anyone."

Kohli, who was fined for flipping a one-finger gesture at abusive fans at the Sydney Test earlier this month, hit out at Australia's crowds.

"In Sydney, they were after me because I wasn't scoring and today they were ... because I got a hundred," he said.

"It is really, really frustrating at times because they say stuff which shouldn't be said on a cricket field.

"We go out there to play, not to get abused like that.

"If they've come here to enjoy the game, they should do that and not get drunk and abuse players."

Siddle says he admired Kohli as a tough competitor who does not mind giving a bit of "chirp" and denied there was anything malicious in Australia's sledging.

"The bloke batted well to get to 99 and looked to really run himself out just ridiculously," Siddle said.

"That's what we were trying to tell him. You don't want to do that to yourself when you're on 99 and just throw your wicket away.

"I like coming up against him. It's a nice challenge to have out there and that's what people want to watch in Test cricket."

AAP

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-01-...aus-of-offensive-sledge/3795402?section=sport

----------------

Seriously. Princess, need a tissue? Get the f**k over it. The Indian crowds are some of the worst in the world to visiting fans.

But more to the point - he's one of the legion of arrogant bastards who have not understood the basics about Australian crowds: If you act like an arrogant prick, we'll treat you like one.

Dravid. Tendulkar. Lara. For f**ks sake, Ronni Irani! These guys all had a bit of fun with the crowd, signed kids autographs and basically just had a laugh when the crowd shit-talked them. Were loved by crowds all over Australia as a result!

I remember once at the SCG, Nixon McLean - one of the worst quicks the Windies ever brought on tour was mercilessly sledged by the old hill because he wouldn't sign some kids bat to the point where he asked Jimmy Adams to move him off the fence. A request which was refused. Finally, he caved and started signing autographs and engaged with banter with the people on the hill.

Who was the hills favourite player for the rest of the day? Nixon McLean.

He was accused of being an arrogant bastard years ago. Proved it with these comments.

Sook.

Last edited:

beads6

First Grade
I love the fact the Aussies are sledging again. We have not been doing for a while and has come back since Clarke has become Captain. Gotta get stuck into the opposition and be cocky like we were when we destroyed sides.

skeepe

Immortal
Saw those comments. It's symptomatic of the problems that India as a whole face. The players are treated like deities, and to a lot it goes to their heads.

Harbajhan Singh is one of the most arrogant, despicable human beings anyone could have the misfortune of coming across. I've had the misfortune of having seen him in the flesh once in Sydney outside of a match and some Indian fans came up and asked him for autographs. His response? "who do you think you are? Why do you think you're allowed to talk to me? Get lost."

These guys are brought up to believe they're better than everyone, particularly the general public. Nothing surprises me.

MSIH

Bench
He's right about the crowd. I've got no time at all for cricket "fans" who personally abuse/sledge players. "Yeah, I'm a hero, I'll rip on a guy who's got absolutely no chance to reply".

Horrie Is God

First Grade
That said, it's clearly from a minority, so his sook is a bit off.

Every player who plays a test has to know that the crowd paid their money,they can say what they want..The Indian crowds racially abused Andrew Symonds on a MASS scale..

Kholi should've done what every other player who cops it,& that is play up to it..

Aussie crowds will turn you from a villiain to a lovable rogue if you take it with good humour..

JW

Coach
Any other team in the world and we wouldn't have even heard about this shit.

aqua_duck

Coach
He's right about the crowd. I've got no time at all for cricket "fans" who personally abuse/sledge players. "Yeah, I'm a hero, I'll rip on a guy who's got absolutely no chance to reply".

mate I don't know if you've ever been to a sea eagles home game or any rugby game for that matter but fans get right into it. I was at UFC 110 a few years back and there were 17000 people yelling out "Bisping's a wanker" in an inclosed arena, its just part and parcel of professional sports. I guess some athletes just haven't got very thick skin

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
all the Indian player are privately educated from middle class families and they've never been exposed to stuff like this in India and they get treated like gods in their own country

they all need tour of Australia to harden the f**k up

MSIH

Bench
Every player who plays a test has to know that the crowd paid their money,they can say what they want..The Indian crowds racially abused Andrew Symonds on a MASS scale..

Kholi should've done what every other player who cops it,& that is play up to it..

Aussie crowds will turn you from a villiain to a lovable rogue if you take it with good humour..

Disagree, you don't have the right to say whatever you want at all. That component of the Indian crowd that racially abused Symonds are exactly who I'm talking about. It happens world wide by a minority, that's what makes Kohli's statement lose cred, singling out the Australian crowds. That Indian crowd went over the top, and it happens out here too.

mate I don't know if you've ever been to a sea eagles home game or any rugby game for that matter but fans get right into it. I was at UFC 110 a few years back and there were 17000 people yelling out "Bisping's a wanker" in an inclosed arena, its just part and parcel of professional sports. I guess some athletes just haven't got very thick skin

Yeah mate, for sure. I'm all for some friendly banter, which the wanker chant fits right into. It's the racial abuse, or flat out "You're a f**ken merkin Kohli" I'm anti; which happens.

Lol isn't Hilfy one of the quieter more polite players in the Australian team? Kholi obviously needs some vitamin (c)ement.

Karl

Juniors
Everyone who has commented that he is a princess who has been treated like a deity by his handlers and the Indian fans are spot on. I don't agree with racial abuse at any level, but if he can't handle a few jibes on the pitch and a bit of flack from the fans (much of which he brings on his own head it seems) then he's going to have a very unhappy career as a professional cricketer.

Earl

Coach
Australia is a country where we show our affection to our mates by abusing the f**k out of each other, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

These Indians are a bunch of princesses who think the rest of mankind should worship the ground they walk on.

If Virat Kohli had of embraced it and played with the crowds, he immediatly becomes a cult figure, but now he is just an arrogent f**k.

Slackboy72

Coach
virat-kohli-finger.jpeg

Pots and kettles...