What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virat Kohli is a f**king sook.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Got to say, he interview after the game....was all class.

Gained some respect for me.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think when India plays Australia it brings out the best in Kohli.

He loves the battle and the challenges he thrives off it.

Even though he's a bit annoying I enjoy watching him bat.

Yep hit him on the helmet first ball and he scores 250 runs for the test.

Didn't Kholi say in the interview he likes the way Australia plays the game and he likes playing like that too? or something similar?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Something about nobody wants to watch two teams score 700, results are better games.

He was humble, that he may have lost, but prefers a game with a result.

He did well.

maple_69

Bench
He did. India don't have the bowlers to take 20 wickets in Adelaide unless Australia shoot themselves in the foot. He did well to keep the game alive. The time wasting was annoying though, it felt at odds with 'going for the win'.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

My thoughts as well, and full credit to him for India continuing to chase the total even after losing a few wickets. Dhoni definitely wouldn't have been so aggressive and shut down the chase well before they's lost their 5th or 6th wicket.

JJ

Immortal
Probably the best odi bat in the game, and showing he has what's required to be the best test bat

Rabbits20

Immortal
Didn't Kholi say in the interview he likes the way Australia plays the game and he likes playing like that too? or something similar?

Yes he did. He said Australia play very competitively and that's the way he likes to play his Cricket.

He might have said a bit more as well but I can't remember.

Meth

Staff member
I've been concentrating more on the NZ Test, so may have missed the incident that sparked the bump- is this it?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/46590235

If so, it seems Paine is more the aggressor? Kohli was upset after the "catch" and carried on a bit too much at that point. Now, Paine has sledged him (very well).

You're not supposed to like Kohli. He's the captain of India. I guess one of the factors that exacerbates your (Aussie fan's) dislike of him is the apparent double standard- that he carries on the way that he does and seems to get away with it, while if an Aussie does it they're 'the worst blokes in the world'...and I get that.

My initial thought reading this though is not 'Kohli's out of control'. It's 'Paine got the better of him'- and I love that!

Meth

Staff member
I guess what I'm saying is that Kohli is a bastard...but he's India's bastard.

You need a Kohli (and we do).

But not Warner.

Reactions: JJ

Meth

Staff member
I guess I like this from Paine because I really feared the continued 'revolution of nice' to Australian cricket. Sure, they want to rid the team of Warner because he's a dick and they should leave the sandpaper at home...but still play the hard-nosed brand of cricket that's served them so well over the years. It works.

Bazal

Post Whore
I've been concentrating more on the NZ Test, so may have missed the incident that sparked the bump- is this it?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/46590235

If so, it seems Paine is more the aggressor? Kohli was upset after the "catch" and carried on a bit too much at that point. Now, Paine has sledged him (very well).

You're not supposed to like Kohli. He's the captain of India. I guess one of the factors that exacerbates your (Aussie fan's) dislike of him is the apparent double standard- that he carries on the way that he does and seems to get away with it, while if an Aussie does it they're 'the worst blokes in the world'...and I get that.

My initial thought reading this though is not 'Kohli's out of control'. It's 'Paine got the better of him'- and I love that!

The incident carried on from earlier last night where Kohli was moving himself around the field to follow Paine and dribble shit at him.

The only thing really out of order is deliberately putting himself in position to bump Paine. Everything else...well, it's very Matthew Hayden. Rabada is probably rightfully perplexed as to why there's not more media outrage about it tbh.

Meth

Staff member
Yeah, I saw that very recently. That’s Warner/Rabada category. But, as I said, Paine got the better of him on this occasion. Kudos to him.

JJ

Immortal
Hopefully Davey's watching Paine - Paine seems aware of where the lines ACTUALLY are... it's not about being nice, it's about not being a merkin

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hopefully Davey's watching Paine - Paine seems aware of where the lines ACTUALLY are... it's not about being nice, it's about not being a merkin

Do you think Kholi knows where the lines are?

JJ

Immortal
Do you think Kholi knows where the lines are?
I think he has a better idea than Davey... Seriously, I get that you'll dislike him because 1. He's not Australian 2. He's very good and 3. He's in-your face...

He goes to far IMO but he's nowhere near the petulant shit that Warner did - and I'm not referring to the sandpaper

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think he has a better idea than Davey... Seriously, I get that you'll dislike him because 1. He's not Australian 2. He's very good and 3. He's in-your face...

He goes to far IMO but he's nowhere near the petulant shit that Warner did - and I'm not referring to the sandpaper

wtf ?? Ive often said I like Kholi, way back as well before he became a great bat

Wish he was Australian actually
1. we could use his batting
2. you would be hammering him considerably more than you are now

JL is spot on, double standards when others do the same thing, but seen as "passion" lol

Bazal

Post Whore
I've got no idea where the idea that Australians don't like players just because they aren't Australian comes from, but it's one of the most patently wrong things I've ever heard....

I guess I like this from Paine because I really feared the continued 'revolution of nice' to Australian cricket. Sure, they want to rid the team of Warner because he's a dick and they should leave the sandpaper at home...but still play the hard-nosed brand of cricket that's served them so well over the years. It works.

Paine is controlled. That's what we need. A captain who will go toe to toe without being a OTT tosser and being totally belligerent off the field. That's why Warner was always an awful choice in a leadership position.