What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virgin Australia Stadium Mackay new home for Bulldogs v Storm

thats a bullshit excuse seriously

you think if we take a game to mackay it will make the people of mackay stop supporting the broncos/cowboys/whoever else they follow?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Casual followers, yes. It's pretty straightforward stuff.

Plus it gives places that don't often see top flight RL games in their own backyard.

Doga

Juniors
Casual followers, yes. It's pretty straightforward stuff.

Plus it gives places that don't often see top flight RL games in their own backyard.

Especially seeing as all the locals will be cheering on local boy Benjamin Barba

Timmah

Staff member
Simple fact is that they don't pull a good enough crowd. Why should we risk a lower crowd for this fixture at ANZ, thereby robbing us of a good crowd against a better drawing team.

Realistically this year there might have been an argument for keeping the Storm game at home and move the Cowboys game to Mackay, but that's life.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I would be all for that to be honest. Bulldogs/Storm usually have cracking encounters and I would love to see them play a game here that isn't a final. Oh well... in time. Like I said it's good for the game but I would like to see us play the storm at home for once. I'd be all for moving another game against a different team to Mackay... Cowboys would be perfect IMO.

Packy

Bench
thats a bullshit excuse seriously

you think if we take a game to mackay it will make the people of mackay stop supporting the broncos/cowboys/whoever else they follow?

As Tim said, yes casual fans. A community like Mackay latches on to things. If we can add something to the community and continue to give them something priceless like an NRL 1st grade game every year I can't see why fans wouldn't trickle down.

Also

Children are pretty fickle. I know a guy who has a little brother who supports the Dragons cos the 1st game he went to live was Broncos v Dragons.

Stop being so 1 dimensional. Look at the broader picture. No club can fill ANZ weekly and especially against melbourne. Financially this makes sense for us. You get the Souths game as a freebie so you still get your entitled amount of games in your membership. If you don't like it don't renew. Who knows.. we might be a few more QLD club or similar memeberships from this association.

Timmah

Staff member
Because Belmore is not yet approved as an NRL venue. And no, trials don't count.

ByRd

First Grade
Simple fact is that they don't pull a good enough crowd. Why should we risk a lower crowd for this fixture at ANZ, thereby robbing us of a good crowd against a better drawing team.

Realistically this year there might have been an argument for keeping the Storm game at home and move the Cowboys game to Mackay, but that's life.

I actually believe that Melbourne would pull a decent crowd. People wanna watch the best and we haven't had a chance to see the "big 3" in years. Im all for taking a game away but take another game then this.

Timmah

Staff member
I agree, Storm deserves a go at ANZ to see how they'd go but I just can't see much more than 15k-20k for this one.

Doga

Juniors
I'm happy with the thought that there will be little local kids up in Mackay wanting to emulate their local boy Ben Barba and play for the Bulldogs

Elias1983

Coach
Doggies fans.

Have you guys seen the filth written by the Mnaly fans under "Avoid ANZ staduim".

Farkin Pathetic and i'm not even a doggies fan!

Packy

Bench
That dude probs isn't even a Manly fan. Don't feed the troll is probs the best method.

Latest posts