What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visiting PNG...

NT1

Juniors
I am giving some serious consideration to flying to Port Moresby on 2nd November for the second England Knights test against PNG on 3rd (my 31st birthday).

Firstly, has anyone ever visited Port Moresby?

Secondly, I'm sure we've all heard the stories about PNG being somewhat dangerous for outsiders. So how safe is it and what precautions should I take once I land?

I'd love to celebrate by watching Chris Atkin et al play an international in a country few visit.

What do you reckon?

DlEHARD

Juniors
One of my friends has gone there and he said it was great. Maybe some of the QCUP clubs and those involved may have some insight. I'm actually considering a Rugby League related trip there next year.

Certainly these days there is alot more rugby league related traffic headed from Oz to PNG.

Well done for showing such amazing commitment by considering this.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Just come on over.

If you need a local tour guide and see a lot more of Port Moresby than I will be happy to take you around..

I will be attending the games too.

ed612313

Juniors
PM is pretty full on but i wouldn't let it deter me in a bit. Just no wandering the streets at night.
Do a trip over to New Ireland while you there. Beautiful people and beautiful part of the world.

mikail-eagle

Bench
The APEC Leaders Meeting is also being held in November starting on the 18th.

With World Leaders like Trump, Putin, Xi Jingpin etc all expected in Port Moresby secuirity will be very very tight in that whole month.

NT1

Juniors
Just come on over.

If you need a local tour guide and see a lot more of Port Moresby than I will be happy to take you around..

I will be attending the games too.
Sir, you are a gent. I will have to get in touch with you closer to the game. My friend, who recently moved from Hull to Brisbane (a Hull Fc fan, I'm afraid) may also be coming along, depending on work.

NT1

Juniors
PM is pretty full on but i wouldn't let it deter me in a bit. Just no wandering the streets at night.
Do a trip over to New Ireland while you there. Beautiful people and beautiful part of the world.
Legend. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the info!

deluded pom?

Coach
Sir, you are a gent. I will have to get in touch with you closer to the game. My friend, who recently moved from Hull to Brisbane (a Hull Fc fan, I'm afraid) may also be coming along, depending on work.
No need to be afraid Adam. We’re far more civilised than you lot from east of the river.

deluded pom?

Coach
I'm certain you are stalking me, DP!
Nah. I have better things to do like gardening. I’ve been around this forum for a lot longer than you. Maybe you are stalking me! Remember me to Mally when you next speak to him.

mikail-eagle

Bench

You are most welcome.

Will be happy to have you in Port Moresby.

paulmac

Juniors
I went to PM last year for the RLWC, although the poverty was confronting the people were friendly and very knowledgeable about RL. I had a taxi driver recite the teams,score & venue from the first time Wales played PNG. He was so nervous as Wales were a bit of a bogey side for the Kumuls.
I look forward to going back there one day.

Latest posts