What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vodka's screenshots...

Juniors
correct me if i'm wrong, but those shots arn't from the final version of the game are they, they ,ook unrendered and very patchy in some places, i assume these shots were released before the game got a clean over and was primed for distribution, because quite honestly shots from 3 or 4 months ago looked better than afew of these ones vodka has released, or might this have to do with vodka's computer power, is that maybe why they are lacking just a touch, dont bite my head off, just asking, personally i cant wait til november 15th!!! :D

TripleM

Juniors
Vodkas shots were taken from a build thats only a few weeks older than the final version.
However, all he is doing is taking a screenshot during the game, and he can't change the camera angle to get any shot he wants like the official screenshots did. Its possible Sidhe may have been able to freeze the game so that the shots would look the best as well.

But hey, I don't see too much of a problem with Vodkas shots anyway :)

Mario

Juniors
On PC, the quality of the graphics will be dependent on

1. Your screen resolution (640x480, 800x600 etc)
2. Your mipmapping settings (set for speed, or set for quality?)
3. Your antialiasing settings (none, 2x2, 4x4, 8x8 etc)
4. Your filtering settings (bilinear, ansitropic?)
5. Whether your video card has pixel shader support (GeForce 3 or over?)
6. Your ingame detail and effects settings (low, medium, or high)
7. Overall speed of your machine (affects framerate)

Vodka has a midrange PC, so dependent on your setup you may have better results.

axl rose

Bench
1999 said:
dont bite my head off, just asking, personally i cant wait til november 15th!!! :D

It appears as though most of those people have gone(hopefully for good).

I think the screens look great, i didnt recognize Luke Burt though.. but it must be pretty tough with the amount of players they had to do!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeh i agree it would be hard to do every detail on everyone in the league but people come to expect that now.. like its the first league game out for 7 years and the expectations rise..

Timmo

Juniors
I think they just get a photo of the player's face and wrap it over whatever head shape they have to chose from. So some players will look great (Nigel Vagana, Lee Hopkins) and some, not-so-great (Luke Burt, andrew Johns). It doesn't bother me too much. In ARL96 everyone was caucasian with short dark hair!

Zoidberg

First Grade
I don't really mind that the faces aren't picture perfect, I just want to play the damn thing. People are only dissapointed in the faces during the build-up, when it comes out no-one will care.

And I think there were a few black players in ARL '96, or maybe with light hair, can't remember, haven't played in a while.