What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vossy has food poisoning - no second half call

Mal Meninga

Bench
salivor said:
MG asked to call a set and was certainly better than Ikin, it's still very painful to listen to though.
"Can I call this next set please" :lol:

Wasn't bad in that set.. basically called everything he observed in his proriferal.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
BWAAAAAAW HAHAHAHA How good was that? Anyone on here who dissects and analyses that commentary for anything other than what it was (FUN) has massive problems.
Loved it!!!:lol: :lol:

smeghead

Bench
I can see the Channel 9 control guy now when Voss went down pacing up and down smoking a whole pack of smokes and than weeping at the prospect his career was over.

griff

Bench
smeghead said:
I can see the Channel 9 control guy now when Voss went down pacing up and down smoking a whole pack of smokes and than weeping at the prospect his career was over.

In Kerry's day it would have been.

Although now 9 is all focussed on money and efficiency, it will be hard for them to justify employing 2 members of the commentary team who have now been shown up to be simply incapable of actually commentating.

mightypanther

Juniors
Brutus said:
Just heard that Andrew Voss was struck down with food poisoning at half-time of the Raiders Panthers game and did not call the final 40, leaving both Geyer and Ikin to call the action.

Should be interesting.

I'm not surprised he got sick.

Watching that game made me bloody sick too..:oops: :lol:

Was painfull to have to put up with Ikin.He is enthusiastic,but is a total knob.I,m just glad it wasn't a broncos game.MG is always good value even if you don't agree with him.He says what he thinks and feels.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Choppies said:
If they serve Balfours pies in Canberra Stadium that could probably explain his food poisoning.

More then likely got his hands on one of canberra stadiums imfamous beef rolls, which from my experience taste like they've been sitting there for 3 years

Brutus

Referee
What about MG saying the Panthers were still in it at 34-24 down with a minute to go.

Funny stuff.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Brutus said:
What about MG saying the Panthers were still in it at 34-24 down with a minute to go.

Funny stuff.

that was cracking me up
there was 3 minutes left, they were down by 14 and they are saying penrith are still a chance :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus said:

Funny stuff.

I watched the 2nd half today and heard MG say that.
FFS...it is 34-24 in the 78th minute and it is "game on".
What was he thinking...actually i dont want answer to that question

Azkatro

First Grade
I'm sure Saab when he said "game on" at that point he was really having a lend. It was a difficult and unexpected situation for them to be in but what Ikin did wrong was not actually call what he saw .. he fell into the habit of just crapping on about nothing a few times. When MG had a set at least he just got into the action which is in essence the play by play caller's job.

Mind you overall they could have probably been slightly more professional about the situation.

IanG

Coach
Well they may not be capable in terms of the play by play commentary but they're both ok in terms of expert comment. I actually though it was ammusing. Bare in mind it's all they could do at short notice.

Where's Billy Birmingham when you need him?

Latest posts