What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vossy's Awesome 80s

roofromoz

First Grade
Good show to get a fix during the off season, even it is only 12 or so minute highlights.

One thing I have noticed with the games at Belmore - at night, generally for the Monday night games, the cameras would face the grandstand side as opposed to the hill side for day games... was this to make it look more presentable with all seating in the background?

Brutus

Referee
Love Vossy Awesome 80's. Shame they are now replaying last off-season's episodes. Should have a new episode every day.

Yes night games at Belmore always faced grandstand side back in the day although I'm pretty sure night games at Belmore during the SL year (1997) faced the hill

wittyfan

Referee
I remember last year they showed a 1987 Panasonic Cup game between Balmain and Port Moresby, the Tigers won something like 60-8 but still great to watch! Another classic was Cronulla v Balmain at Leichhardt from the late 80s, Cronulla led 26-2 at one stage and nearly lost!

Last edited:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Would love him to show a Souths v Parra game at Redfern in 1982. Parra led 15-7 with 6 mins to go and were beaten 16-15.