What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Bulldogs rd23

Big Marn

Juniors
Oh wow!

Some listless defence and they march into our half - Lewis gets a field goal !
Short kick off fails, and we're probably dead.

Unbelievable.
God i hate these birthday boy storylines. From that far out, you would have backed him missing.
Looks like we were always destined to lose this game. Very disappointing.

vvvrulz

Coach
So we're planted at 8th instead of knocking on the door for a home semi.

Pathetic attitude today given what was at stake.

vvvrulz

Coach
God i hate these birthday boy storylines. From that far out, you would have backed him missing.
Looks like we were always destined to lose this game. Very disappointing.

I just don't understand why we weren't muscling up to shut that chance down.
Sure SJ put in a poor kick, but after that we stood around and let them run.

That's the 1% play that will be the difference between 8th and what could've been top 4.

Big Marn

Juniors
At the end of the day 26 points should have been enough to win a game but our defence leaked too many points in the first half.

So when do we get Tohu back?

Burns

First Grade
Tohu is likely back next week.

Want to pray to anything and everything that SJ isn't injured/ankle doesn't flair up.

JJ

Immortal
f**k me not going with my heart (Warriors and Bunnies) in tipping ever again, brain said get on the Nags and Doggies

JJ

Immortal
Must say Blair is much better on the edge than in the middle, at least from the bits I saw

vvvrulz

Coach
Must say Blair is much better on the edge than in the middle, at least from the bits I saw

Far more involved and that offload really comes into play.

Blair certainly wasn't the problem today.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Watched as a warriors fan today, very frustrating experience lol

The forwards were woeful imo, mostly based on the fact that when there are tough yards to be done, they are nowhere to be seen, complete different story though when there is an attacking opportunity at the other end, some of them over exert themselves to get the ball at that point. If the Warriors rolled through the middle today, they'd have won easily, were more interested in the fancy side to side stuff though

The complete loss of momentum upon receiving a penalty, because Green and Johnson need to have a stop work meeting, is frustrating as well

The play that won the Dogs the game showed where the warriors can still be at as a footy team, last tackle, scores tied in the final 2 mins of the game, Stevie Wonder can see what is coming, but the Warriors put absolutely no pressure on the kicker who slotted the one point after having an age to set himself, brainless footy

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
Warriors B team showed up today, and that almost always means a loss no matter who the opponent is. I wish they could figure out what causes these random shit poor performances.

Gave up way too many easy points, obviously.

Had that one bad call in the first half (RTS knock on that was actually Morris) gone our way, we won the game. However loads of chances to win anyway and they weren't nearly sharp enough.

Blair had two try assist offloads I think? Liked his involvement today from the edges.

Kata seems to be getting worse each game.

Team needs to lift a lot going into the final or we'll have one, and only one painful finals game.

Reactions: JJ

Juju

Juniors
5 tries to 4 and that bs penalty before half time and they score straight after. FFS.

57m on first set, Luke ran the ball first go.
Dogs 42m.

Kata held up and bundled over the sideline on the 3rd tackle on Dogs 30m.
Papalli to long in tackle. Dog take it quick but called back as player in front.
Maumalo jumps from field of play, forced back in goal.
Short dropout pays off again, Papalli ran off ball so penalised.

Luke kicks ball dead on rushed play.
Dogs throw the ball 1m forward on first pass.

Played at by dogs on a chip through, Green gets it back.
RTS dances across the face then SJ gets Lewis interested and turns ball inside to Beale to score.
0-6

Mannering penalised for holding down to long, looked a dodgey play the ball.

Lewis gives us a 7 tackle set. All hits up by backs.
Green kicks in goal to get a repeat set.
Maulmao watches the ball bounce past him for Dogs to get ball back on their 40m.

Papalli to long on Klemmers arm.
Elliot hits the line hard between Gavet and Papalli and reaches out and scores.
6-6

Klemmer bowled over by Gaver and Passi.
Dogs make a break, RTS saves the tackle.
Ball spread wide, Fus misses an intercept and knocks on.
Mannering falls off a tackle at the line and the winger Smith scores.
12-6

SJ puts up a bomb for Fus to chase, Morris catches it and bundled out.
Dogs to long in tackle on last.
Dogs offside called.
Papalli great offload to RTS to score after running a great angle.
Mannering playing ball player with Green in the tackle.
12-12

Dogs inside the 10m on 3td tackle starting in their 40m.
Blair loses the ball in the tackle, pressure on ball by Morris, but Blair should have held it.

Dogs rolling down the field easily in last 4mins of half.

Morris knocks ball back, but Ref said RTS knocks ball on, also Dogs offside and inside the 10m.
Not the call, Green touches the ball apparently offside.
Dogs take the 2 points.
14-12

Dogs go length of the field off a 1m forward pass to Holland who cuts between Green and Kata
Mistakes by refs that lead directly to points are the most annoying.

20-12
Halftime

Fus's first two catches of the half looked very awkward.
We aren’t looking sharp.
Glad Eastwood lost that ball.
Green earns a penalty going to the line and second effort on him.
We are super keen on the grubber to the in goal.
Hoppa knocks it on.
Dogs strip Jazz in Front of post.
Fus scores in the corner, did not have much to work with.
Great pass by SJ going to the line and hands of Beale to set Fus up.
Maumalo jealous. 
20-16

Martin charged down SJ kick, ball and found and Martin scrambles to it on halfway.
No pressure on Lewis kick.
Morris taps ball back to Morris . Beale backing into it and no one I centre defensively.
Attention to detail is not there.
26-16.

Not sure what is going to shock us into action with 25mins to go.
Nice run by Luke but no one really with him till Jazz pops up.
Kata elects not to pass to Maumalo.
Fus gets a double, a rinse and repeat of his last try, scoring in the corner.
Maumalo now crying.
26-20, going up in 4s.

SJ bomb, Maumalo push/runs into blocker.
Kata chips through. Pressure on Hoppa in goal, ball comes out. Dogs regather
For a dropout.

Blair held up with a sitter after great buildup play.
He just needed to go low.
SJ grubber gets a repeat set. SJ down. Toes caught in dirt, but of over extension but up again.

RTS earns a penalty, Lewis to long on him, claiming being locked in.

Green kick was terrible to in goal caught and gives dogs 7 tackles.
We look unorganized and not sure what each other is doing.

RTS tackled in the air with 1 boot on.

10 to go.

Mannering offside at kick and inside the 10m.
Fus throws body over line to stop ball going out, Morris three and tied it, but Beale body in the way.

Dogs lose ball in play the ball on their 30m. 6mins left.
SJ at dummy half didn’t know what to do. Looking unorganised.
Dogs offside on their line again.
Kata tried a dummy half dive.
Next play Blair offloads to super sub to Hiku to score.
We actually had shape on that play.
Dogs defense had been good.
26-26
3min 30 left, drop goal time.

Shit kick by SJ there.
Morris effort puts them in a solid position
Lewis drop goal from 35m and had all the time in the world.
27-26 1min 30sec

Short restart doesn’t work.
Lewis kicks out and scrum set with 14sec left.
SJ chip and chase, signs easily regather.

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Interesting stats out of this game- we had 58% possession, dominated the metres made (obviously that goes hand in hand with possession, but there’s nothing in the stats to suggest we got beaten in the forwards), and had over 90% completion rate. We weren’t great, but this performance really wasn’t comparable to some other capitulations this season.

I guess you look at those stats and could say we lacked polish on attack- but we scored 5 tries. When we needed to find points to get back in the game, we did. So I find it hard to criticise our attacking execution.

There have been several games this year where we were the team constantly on the back foot but somehow eked out a win. This was a game where 80% of the time that performance would have got us home against that opposition, but it didn’t go our way today.

I’m not trying to whitewash what was a pretty meh performance, just saying it wasn’t a ‘wheels come off’ type of performance but more a game where we played most of the football, should have won, but shit happens

Reactions: JJ

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
We could easily have won say 26-16 with that exact performance and we’d be saying ‘wasn’t pretty but we got the job done’

I’d love for us to be playing pretty but that hasn’t really been us this year. Difference today was a couple of really soft tries we wouldn’t usually concede (unfortunately Papali’i was culpable on both)

Interesting stats out of this game- we had 58% possession, dominated the metres made (obviously that goes hand in hand with possession, but there’s nothing in the stats to suggest we got beaten in the forwards), and had over 90% completion rate. We weren’t great, but this performance really wasn’t comparable to some other capitulations this season.

I guess you look at those stats and could say we lacked polish on attack- but we scored 5 tries. When we needed to find points to get back in the game, we did. So I find it hard to criticise our attacking execution.

There have been several games this year where we were the team constantly on the back foot but somehow eked out a win. This was a game where 80% of the time that performance would have got us home against that opposition, but it didn’t go our way today.

I’m not trying to whitewash what was a pretty meh performance, just saying it wasn’t a ‘wheels come off’ type of performance but more a game where we played most of the football, should have won, but shit happens

I feel communication in attack was a massive issue.
Execution, support an enthusiasm all missing.

Last edited:

Latest posts