What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Cowboys rd 23 2022

I didn't watch the game but I sat there pre-game and watched the SKY 'experts' all pick the Warriors to win. One had a 'feeling inside' , one said it followed the 'stats' because the Roosters and us beat the Cows in round 4-5 and the other genuinely thought we would go up there and beat the #2 team in the comp from 13th, based on a single performance at home beating the 14th placed team (or whatever the Dogs are). Oh yeah, and Stray Dog picked us too because we had a great week in training where Asi kicked lots of high balls and someone else did something random.

Brilliant.
So we are a basket case across the board! Must think they need to do it to keep their jobs? But clearly shows lack of "expertise". Pretty sure since round 4-5 we have sacked a coach, lost players had others not commit to moving to NZ. So its a very disjointed club!

Last edited:
No one called Feldt a bundle of sticks near the end of the game there,? Few boys came in to give him a push!

Last edited:
Wonder if Badger gets called out this week in bunker for Curran call of knock on, Derdian try missed separation and apparently Aitken double movement, which momentum would have got him across the line so not a double movement (new rule apparently?)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Jones has to back up his words with team selection this week

That was tough," said Jones after the game. "Too many guys just didn't turn up tonight. We just didn't have enough players that wanted to play for the jersey.

"Attitude has been a big word we've used the last couple of weeks and when things were tough, poor attitude came into the game. We probably had eight or nine blokes on the field that had a poor attitude and it showed what can happen.

"We had some blokes who had a dig but you need 13 blokes on the field to work together and we didn't have that tonight."

Jones has to back up his words with team selection this week

That was tough," said Jones after the game. "Too many guys just didn't turn up tonight. We just didn't have enough players that wanted to play for the jersey.

"Attitude has been a big word we've used the last couple of weeks and when things were tough, poor attitude came into the game. We probably had eight or nine blokes on the field that had a poor attitude and it showed what can happen.

"We had some blokes who had a dig but you need 13 blokes on the field to work together and we didn't have that tonight."
Walsh and SJ should be first kicked off the bus! But will both be first named

Rich102

Staff member
Agree, Jones has to prove he is not just talk.
Remember the standoff between Todd Payten and his players early in the season.
Payten won that, stopped the rubbish and look where they are.
There has to be some accountability for lack of effort.

Rich102

Staff member

18 Aug 04:45 PM

Warriors prop Bunty Afoa in action against the Bulldogs. Photo / Photosport
Warriors prop Bunty Afoa in action against the Bulldogs. Photo / Photosport
It's quite an admission from an experienced player and hints at the wider cultural issues at the club, as they struggle to replicate the intense environment that is standard at the top NRL teams.

The 26-year-old emphasises that he is not immune from criticism, in a season where he hasn't always found his best.

"It's something I need to get right, it might come down to my preparation," said Afoa. "I know what I bring to the game and if I am not doing that in training then the boys can identify that straight away and tell me. That is the honest feedback we need to give to each other, if one of us not doing our job properly."

There are some mitigating factors, with the lack of a home base and the constant travel since late June, though Afoa doesn't like excuses.

"This is the business; this is the NRL," said Afoa. "We are professional athletes and we have to turn up."

However, Afoa can take pride in his personal record, as the only Warriors player to appear in every game this year.

He's been a solid presence off the bench, gaining a starting role in the last two weeks.

Despite limited minutes, Afoa is averaging 85 running metres a game, including plenty of invaluable work beyond the advantage line, and has a 95 per cent tackle efficiency.

The players held separate group meetings earlier this week (right edge, left edge and middle forwards), with Jones instructing them to set goals and find some belief for the final two rounds of the season.

"It's about finishing strong, then getting our heads around next year," said Afoa.

Friday is a daunting assignment. Penrith confirmed the minor premiership last weekend and have been imperious this season, with only three defeats (Parramatta twice and the Storm).

They haven't lost to the Warriors since May 2019 and the Auckland club are $13 outsiders with Australian bookmakers.

Latest posts