What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Cowboys Rd24

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
If we got a fit Foran for a year all for releasing SJ to keep Foran the year after with Hingo coming nxt to Foran.
SJ had his chance.

If Foran did come, there would have to be a major casualty somewhere to fit him in for next year, even if he was only signed at 600k

Mannering, Johnson, Hoffman, Luke, RTS are all 800k + players according to all reports, add Forans wage in along with Manu who is on big coin for a winger along with an upgrade for Kata before we even mention Matulino and there isn't space to fill a 25

Don't know if it has improved at all these days, but I had word from a pretty reliable source last year that due to a back injury his hammies are something that is going to hamper him for the rest of his career

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I don't think you are completely off base with what you say about Johnson. But it all comes down to the above quote doesn't It? Plenty of halves struggle to fire when they are going backwards and aren't getting the ball at the end of the set because the rest of the team are dropping it.

Yeah a lot of it does, but the worry is that the rookie still found a way to have an impact

If only you could put Beauden Barrett's brain in Shaun Johnsons head

Flicking between both games tonight, and Beauden does have the advantage of being on the dominant side, but he rarely puts a foot wrong option wise and makes full use of his talent
It's played at half the speed of League, so much more time to set things.

Cold Roses

Juniors
Yeah a lot of it does, but the worry is that the rookie still found a way to have an impact

Absolutely. But Hingano had the benefit of not being the guy that the Cowboys were looking for. Taumalolo said in the post match interview that they went out there to shut down SJ because they knew that our whole attack would revolve around him. Job well done.

If Foran did come, there would have to be a major casualty somewhere to fit him in for next year, even if he was only signed at 600k

Mannering, Johnson, Hoffman, Luke, RTS are all 800k + players according to all reports, add Forans wage in along with Manu who is on big coin for a winger along with an upgrade for Kata before we even mention Matulino and there isn't space to fill a 25

Don't know if it has improved at all these days, but I had word from a pretty reliable source last year that due to a back injury his hammies are something that is going to hamper him for the rest of his career

New coach gets a cleanout?
Of the 800k players I'd cut Hoffman then SJ, year after.
RTS yet to prove worth and Luke on shakey ground.
What Powerhouse forward is available?
Muts a shadow, Lisone wants to be a half, Vete and Bull seem ineffective.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hoffman would be a chance I reckon, don't know how much truth there is too it but a mate said that he wanted out at the end of last season so they threw the captaincy at him to keep him here

Not a lot out on the market at the moment forward wise, Gillett and Solomona from the Storm seem to be the 2 being chased heavily

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Hingano played just like the gang has said and he should play every week.

SJ made some poor choices tonight.

Allwood went well. Defintely NRL level but hes not as good as Aysh and Kata.

Hope Maumalo is out for awhile.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
One thing I've always wondered about the Warriors: why is it that so many seasons, they will start like shit, turn it around and look like a quality side through the middle, and then collapse in a heap at the end? It looks like it's going to happen again.

Blair

Coach
Sorry Blair, but it's TL 3, Mannering 2 and 1 Hingo.

A loudmouth broke the news in front of me at Strathfield station, I had nearly two hours to stew before getting home.

The ABs are incredibly skillful, but I only know the names of two players for certain, Reid and Barrett. That won't change. Give me my dud Warriors any day.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
Missed it, but sounds like we didn't play like our season was on the line, as expected sadly

Rich102

Staff member

Who? Johnson or Foran?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Foran mate, missed a truckload of games at Manly the past couple of years with hammy issue and didn't make Parras 1st game this year either

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah. I'm thinking he may not be a good buy and Hingano's debut was really impressive.

JJ

Immortal
Hopefully Hingano is persevered with, and they put TL at 9... obviously he'll get more attention, but he looks the #7...

I'm ok with Manu TBH, all the eggs in the Johnson basket will ever work, he's no Johns... even Thurston and Sterling couldn't win alone (although I guess the latter was never tested), they needed other playmakers

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
All Blacks wont have to reach for the top shelf. The bench players would perform better than most of our Warriors. Id just get the Savea brothers. Julian on the wing and Ardie at 2nd row, then were stacked!