What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs England game 2

Wow.
Some massive turning points in that game.
Ref was terrible.
Kiwis handling terrible.
Rapana defense terrible.
Burgess Eye-gouging unpunished after several clear replays.
Some of those late shot penalties bullshit.
Englands last try clearly lost.

Though crowd would have been a sell out after last games win.

Good for.the game I guess?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I fast forwarded through it a bit so I could get it watched before work

Going forward I don’t see Johnson and Nikorima as a sustainable, successful halves combination. They are too similar, both running, off the cuff types so we are lacking some general awareness about what we should be trying to do at certain points of the game and in certain areas of the field. Nikorima 14 is a good option going forward. For the past few seasons Benji has been far and away the best option for 6 but the selectors refuse to go back, he has matured into a very good game manager these days while still having the touches of flair

No secret I’m not a fan of Blair, and the start of the game showed why, instead of taking a hard run he shoveled the ball across to Bromwich who ended up spilling it, and then when the niggle started he squared himself off with a halfback lol

Last edited:

Matua

Bench
I fast forwarded through it a bit so I could get it watched before work

Going forward I don’t see Johnson and Nikorima as a sustainable, successful halves combination. They are too similar, both running, off the cuff types so we are lacking some general awareness about what we should be trying to do at certain points of the game and in certain areas of the field. Nikorima 14 is a good option going forward. For the past few seasons Benji has been far and away the best option for 6 but the selectors refuse to go back, he has matured into a very good game manager these days while still having the touches of flair
Yep, the continued non-selection of Benji is bonkers when we lack a fit 9 (Smith is not fit), play a second rower at dummy, and we have a guy who can play dummy playing 7.

We always lack in the halves yet we don't take Benji or Martin and instead take Hughes who we don't even put on the bench. Macguire is supposed to be the saviour but maybe it's the Kiwis organisation that is rotten and even a decent coach can't overcome that.

As you may have guessed I'm gutted by that loss.

Mighty Ape Man

Juniors
Wow.
Some massive turning points in that game.
Ref was terrible.
Kiwis handling terrible.
Rapana defense terrible.
Burgess Eye-gouging unpunished after several clear replays.
Some of those late shot penalties bullshit.
Englands last try clearly lost.

Though crowd would have been a sell out after last games win.

Good for.the game I guess?

I got two words for ya (NZRL)....

Neutral refs!!!!!!!

Get some f**king balls NZRL and say no more tests unless neutral refs!!!

Watching the last try again, it look like losing control, but you can never see separation, Sutton called try.

The effort lacking.
Short kick off no jumpers.
No challenge on any kicks put up.

But man did England get run of green.
Marty stripped 2 man in tackle at end.
Often offside man coming out of line.
Did we mention eye gouge?

But we didn't want it.
Someone been on Stilnox and Redbull?

Rich102

Staff member
Sure was neutral on field ref.
Video ref was not, who's job it was to inform the on field ref of an eye gouge.

I don't think that is the job of the video review. Should be picked up by judicial - but only after the game.
If ref and linesmen don't see it on the field. and if ref doesn't ask for a video review, it hasn't happened .

I don't think that is the job of the video review. Should be picked up by judicial - but only after the game.
If ref and linesmen don't see it on the field. and if ref doesn't ask for a video review, it hasn't happened .
Agreed, but what are the rules?
My understanding was if the incident was a reportable offense the video ref could intervene.

This also falls on DWZ who should have put a complaint in.

But how can a player be getting their eye treated and the on field ref not ask any questions???

An another thing, where were the forwards wanting to smash Burgess in defense after the captain was eye gouged?

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah. Blair in particular puts in plenty of niggle but then backs down and slinks off.

You see that's where the video referee can actually be of use to the game. They should be able to let the on field referee know about any foul play. In this case we had the on field muppet of a referee from game 1 in the video box for game 2. He had all the clear footage and didn't mention a thing. NZRL stand up and say no to English tours. Keep it between Australia, Tonga, Samoa and Fiji.

Latest posts