What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Knights rd 12 2022

Benek

Juniors
Hard to tell if the game plan is bad until they can follow it for more that 10 minutes. Let’s see them not f**k it up with errors for one game before we dismiss the plan.

Benek

Juniors
Does anyone know why SJ is so reluctant to run or even square up the line? All the fans, commentators, and surely coaches are begging him to do it. He doesn’t even need to do it successfully. We’re not expecting magical line breaks. Just occasionally engage a defender and keep them honest. Is it really too much to ask?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Does anyone know why SJ is so reluctant to run or even square up the line? All the fans, commentators, and surely coaches are begging him to do it. He doesn’t even need to do it successfully. We’re not expecting magical line breaks. Just occasionally engage a defender and keep them honest. Is it really too much to ask?
We've been saying this since 2012. He doesn't love contact, has an injury history, is getting older, etc. It isn't even going to happen.

The worst thing is his defense. He isn't up there in missed tackles, because sometimes he gets nowhere near the ball. He'd have to be up the top for 'poor decisions leading to line breaks/tries'

Alan Johnson

Juniors
A better problem for a half to have is running the ball too often. At least it shows they believe they have the ability to get through the line and maybe even score a try, which is of course what the game is all about. If i was the coach, I’d be tempted to tell him he needs to take a hit up every third set.

JJ

Immortal
I can’t help but be amused at Tevaga and Blair banging on about dumb errors and discipline

Dominating with 2 early tries and SJ kicks out on full.
Gaining it back, SJ loses it over the line, when taken high but no call on penalty try.
CHT kicks out on full.
Knight score a hughly doubtful put down.
Walsh kicks it dead feom kickoff for the 100th time this season.
Murchie error in Milford tackle, Knights score a legit try.

12 all halftime.

SJ with a putdown, trying to kick? Poor pass?
Nice kick by SJ to DWZ to score easily in the corner off a repeat set.
CHT knocks on kickoff.
Knight walk in off scrum. Sj turning in opening gap. Their lead 1st time in game
Montoya sent to bin for high tackle, player near ground and slipping, FMD, first contact the head???
Harris done for taking runner off the ball.
Murchie with soccer skills to get ball back.
Knights Milford plays at ball on 4th but not called.
Jazz and Murchie have a clash of minds and both go for HIAs.
Not square at marker, and now with 13 back on field Knights score.
Forward pass by CHT to MM.
Knight penalised for kicking ball in scrum.
SJ kicks it out on the full in final seconds, to make it 4 for the game.
Losers

Reluctant to get hurt. He has only ever run when the gap is big enough to get through. Very touch mentally.
Plus SJ doesn't take advice. He knows best.

A better problem for a half to have is running the ball too often. At least it shows they believe they have the ability to get through the line and maybe even score a try, which is of course what the game is all about. If i was the coach, I’d be tempted to tell him he needs to take a hit up every third set.
He won't listen.

In reality the Knights front row should destroy the Warriors and go on from there, but they are massively out of touch at the moment too. Warriors favourites at the TAB astounds me

Im expecting the this thread will be fairly quiet, have noticed a big drop off this season
Players give up, so so do fans.

Penrose_11

Juniors
That’s twice on 2 weeks SJ has kicked out on ful when it keeping pressure on was essential. And pretty sure old Golden Boy Walsh has kicked out dead from a kickoff more than once as well. It’s just inexcusable. For me that was the game right there those to plays. That pressure we had on them just went on a heartbeat

Penrose_11

Juniors
Might’ve already been discussed but tell me this. Montoya goes on report and gets 10 in the bin for hard contact to the head of Knights player who was kind of falling. But SJ under the posts and attempting to score gets one on the chops but penalty sufficient?? Imagine if it was Clearly, Walker, Moses or any other top teams 1/2 back. But no. Suck it up Warriors and move on

Penrose_11

Juniors
And my morning after rant continues…. Is Walsh actually that good? Has’nt scored a try this year. Goal kickings been piss weak recently. Never hanging off the shoulder waiting for that short ball. And worst of all has ZERO goal line defence. He wouldn’t be in my top dozen fullbacks and no idea how he keeps getting talked up for origin. Convince me otherwise?