What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs roostes

Fierize

Juniors
Hurrell, you Beauty!
With JRo's knee injury does that mean Inu may get another chance next game?

NZ Warrior

First Grade
f**king awesome game!!!

Poor JBro. The Jerome Ropati Haters' Society sends their warmest wishes and sincerity for his speedy recovery.

blain

Juniors
Yeah I feel sorry for the guy, must be bloody hard. Fish scored another 3 tries today, give him another shot I'd say!

Such an intense game, the forwards were raging!! Weird finish, I felt a bit sorry for Mino, one of the nice guys in their team making a error like that due to a concussion. I'll take the win!!!!

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
That first try was f**king outrageous. Why does this forum not fire up about that stuff? Have a look at the last couple of game threads, other fans don't mind sooking about the refs every time we win, even if their complaints are invariably complete nonsense.

Last edited:

Scorpio30

Bench
That first try was f**king outrageous. Why does this forum not fire up about that stuff? Have a look at the last couple of game threads, other fans don't mine sooking about the refs every time we win, even if their complaints are invariably complete nonsense.

It's frustrating when the obvious isn't obvious isn't it.

That first try was f**king outrageous. Why does this forum not fire up about that stuff? Have a look at the last couple of game threads, other fans don't mind sooking about the refs every time we win, even if their complaints are invariably complete nonsense.

Guess its cause we won?
Also as soon as anyone has a fingernail on forearm hair on the ball with downward pressure its a try, so simultaneously equal try for attacking team. Better than Reids first try last week.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Guess its cause we won?
Also as soon as anyone has a fingernail on forearm hair on the ball with downward pressure its a try, so simultaneously equal try for attacking team.

:crazy::? How does this apply to this situation where Mara has a full grasp on the ball? Anything Leilua does in that situation is completely irrelevant.

:crazy::? How does this apply to this situation where Mara has a full grasp on the ball? Anything Leilua does in that situation is completely irrelevant.

Forearm on the ball downward pressure = try.
Because it was simultaneous = try.

Did it look like a try, no not really, but thems the rules in the rule book. Much like many tries when they are slowed down and a fingernail is pushing down on it.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Forearm on the ball downward pressure = try.
Because it was simultaneous = try.

Did it look like a try, no not really, but thems the rules in the rule book. Much like many tries when they are slowed down and a fingernail is pushing down on it.

What was simultaneous exactly? Mara had the ball and Leilua didn't. If a fullback is tackled in-goal and the defender has a fingertip on the ball it isn't a try, because the fullback is in possession of the ball. You can't score if the other side has possession. Simple.

They both got to the ball at exactly the same time, and both had one hand on the ball at the time of grounding. Leilua was closer to controlling the ball than Mara, not that it makes any difference. Fair try without any doubt.