What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Storm ANZAC day Rd 7

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That’s the most points I can remember seeing in a half of footy since I’ve been watching

Newcastle leading the Cowboys 48-0 at HT and Manly 48-0 v Titans 2nd half last year are the ones I’ve watched, got a gut feel the Broncos in the mid 90s might have gone 50+ v Parra

vvvrulz

Coach
Lads, it was an honour to tough this one out here while we made history (no joke).

Kudos for continuing to hang in there after years of this farce.

TheDMC

Bench
By my count SJ has throw 3 intercepts and 1 over the sideline pass out of 6 passes this season doing that left to right skip pass to the wing. Only cost 2 tries as one intercept was dropped cold. Basically he is a f**ken dunce.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Well at least I don’t feel like a dickhead for giving Melbourne a 7 in confidence tipping.
the scariest thing about that though is that we’re not even a particularly terrible side compared to most of the others this year- it’s really looking like a two horse race between Melbourne and Penrith, with maybe Parra or the Sharks being able to spring an upset if everything goes their way. The bottom 2/3 of the table are a rabble.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The press conference will be interesting.
Players clearly not wanting to show up, would be hard to coach that!
They showed up in the first half. What happened after half time? They looked really rattled when DWZ got stretchered off, but the game was already gone then.

vvvrulz

Coach
They showed up in the first half. What happened after half time? They looked really rattled when DWZ got stretchered off, but the game was already gone then.

Losing Curran was a blow too, and with SJ phoning it in +Walsh rapidly losing interest it was childs play for Melbourne to take advantage of our edges consisting of the defensive might of Kosi, Sironen, Arthurs and Pompey

That has to be the worst wing/centre combos we've ever fielded in the history of our club.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Losing Curran was a blow too, and with SJ phoning it in +Walsh rapidly losing interest it was childs play for Melbourne to take advantage of our edges consisting of the defensive might of Kosi, Sironen, Arthurs and Pompey

That has to be the worst wing/centre combos we've ever fielded in the history of our club.
Good point re Curran, the one guy you can count on not to either give up or have brain explosions while trying

vvvrulz

Coach
Presso is interesting.

Nathan Brown calling out fatigue, but also not making excuses and more or less saying players checked out and took the easy option.

Brown.
Good in first 15 mins (or was that 50mins). Gave them tries.
Players gave up.
Asked how to fix, has some ideas but not public.
Poor choices by players.
Curran MCL injury.
Short turn around.
Middles did a good job.
Mistakes out wide gave Storm points.

AFB: effort not there, tackling poor, looking out and not whose in front. We get to play again next week and a right of reply.

Brown remember week after back in 2000 when his team had 70 against them, he remembered clearly, he kicked ball out on full when leading tigers and lost.

Won't commit to dropping players, strong messages to players, not necessarily chewed out in front of others.

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Presso is interesting.

Nathan Brown calling out fatigue, but also not making excuses and more or less saying players checked out and took the easy option.
Good on you for still having the TV on. I switched off when they hit 60 and am taking my frustrations out on my home gym.

Copper is smart.
Needed Lodge to step up earlier, than 71st min, only players over 100m.
SJ should of kicked a ball out to take some heat out of the game.

vvvrulz

Coach
Cooper Cronk calling out Lodge showing sudden effort when they're 60 points down instead of earlier when the Warriors needed a spark.

Also called out SJ for his lack of game management, no drills into touch for e.g. to slow the game down and reset the line.