What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Storm rd 19

Campion

Juniors
execution with teh passing was really bad eh. we'd look slick with those spreads for a lot of the season but this time you had a lot of people too flat/too deep, standing starts, or simply mis directed passes. agree that when luke came off the service form dumy halve was a shambles

Blair

Coach
execution with teh passing was really bad eh. we'd look slick with those spreads for a lot of the season but this time you had a lot of people too flat/too deep, standing starts, or simply mis directed passes. agree that when luke came off the service form dumy halve was a shambles

Green's passing game is great. I think his absence was the key to what you wrote.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Was at the game so didn’t hear anything about Luke. If he was injured why was he on the exercise bike after he came off?
I think he had a shoulder niggle and I'd bet that it was from when he tried to smash NAS in the first half. In the end it just looked like a normal tackle as it didn't really so much as jolt NAS, but yeah I think it was a shoulder.

JJ

Immortal
Green's passing game is great. I think his absence was the key to what you wrote.
what was interesting was how much they had Mannering taking the ball at first or second receiver - if that was the plan why bother with Lino, just go with a Shaun Timmins selection at 5/8

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I'm gonna have to watch that Smith high tackle again because all I could see was Maumalo trying to play the ball in the middle of a break. I was blinded by the abject stupidity of it. You have to know the rules ffs

Meth

Staff member
I'm gonna have to watch that Smith high tackle again because all I could see was Maumalo trying to play the ball in the middle of a break. I was blinded by the abject stupidity of it. You have to know the rules ffs

Yeah, that happened. But after he got hit in the face.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Definitely one that got away, and you’ve gotta think that with Green there the execution would’ve been on point, at least one more try would’ve been scored and we win. Still I think it’s a loss we can take plenty of positives from. We pushed the Storm all the way, defended well, and the forwards didn’t get monstered despite being a bit below their best- if Bunty and Paasi bring their a gsmes we’d have at least got parity there.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just watched the highlights and she’s a pretty soft ‘high shot’, jeez. More a grab than a swinging arm- it’s the sort of tackle Johnson (and smaller guys generally) make all the time on bigger guys, the leaping grab. Wouldn’t be noticed without the play the ball cock up.

I’m gonna stay annoyed at Ken. It’s nice not feeling robbed by the refs anyway.

Just watched the highlights and she’s a pretty soft ‘high shot’, jeez. More a grab than a swinging arm- it’s the sort of tackle Johnson (and smaller guys generally) make all the time on bigger guys, the leaping grab. Wouldn’t be noticed without the play the ball c**k up.

I’m gonna stay annoyed at Ken. It’s nice not feeling robbed by the refs anyway.
Any contact to the head that is first point contact is a penalty.

https://twitter.com/NZWarriors

But as the tweet said, it's Cam Smith.

Yet Blair getting penalised for a non late shot after 20m advantage played.
Lead to Mannering offside penalty (legit)

Lino knock on went back on replay. But that one 50/50. Smith not pinged for a messy ball between his legs early in game.

Last edited:

Latest posts