What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Tigers Rd 16 2022

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, I don't want a piece of the negativity. That was so much fun on Sunday, like the good old days where I based my week around going to Mt Smart of a weekend. Where I knew exactly who we were playing weeks in advance. Where I generally almost caught pneumonia of a Saturday night, but I loved it.

I watched with my 7 year old and 5 year old, and they loved it too. They were asking heaps of questions, it was awesome. And my 5 year old has a crush on Reece Walsh and asked 'where the boy with the make up' was 😂
It’s awesome when they start taking an interest

my 4 year old pointed at my phone last week and said “that’s the Panthers and that’s the Sharks” and he was spot on which impressed me

He watched with me when Olakau’atu absolutely destroyed the Tigers and now every time he touches the ball “here’s your big man dad”

Benek

Juniors
My 7-year-old is obsessed with league. He knows players and names better than I do. He watches to see all the scores and highlights the morning after every game. He remembers scores from rounds ago, or even last season. He knows the rules better than most fair-weather fans. It's crazy how much they absorb.

Now if only he could start playing with the same kind of passion. He's not a big fan of tackling which is becoming a huge frustration for me!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
My 7-year-old is obsessed with league. He knows players and names better than I do. He watches to see all the scores and highlights the morning after every game. He remembers scores from rounds ago, or even last season. He knows the rules better than most fair-weather fans. It's crazy how much they absorb.

Now if only he could start playing with the same kind of passion. He's not a big fan of tackling which is becoming a huge frustration for me!
Haha I hear you, there's no more expectant Dad than me...but I reckon I'd just be happy if my girls want to follow sport with me. That would be amazing if they had that level of passion in cricket, league, whatever it is. My daughter likes netball, but isn't furiously passionate about it - and to be fair, the coverage it gets isn't a jot on league, the national season is over etc (as is her school season in July, which seems bizarre to me).

Going to take the family to the Titans game in the final round, next couple of home games are Friday night 8pm jobs which won't work for their ages. That should be a reasonably emotional one too if we can win to end the season.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Took my 3 year old boy to warriors tigers game in Campbelltown earlier in the year (his first match), still really early days but was more interested in the hot chips and fireworks at kick-off and fair enough at his age too I guess. Glad he got to see a win.

Its still a bit of a struggle between Paw Patrol and the game on Friday nights but we are making headway.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Enjoyable reading fellas, nice to read the stories about the little ones

my lad has started asking me “what are we watching when we get home dad”, which might be an indicator that I watch too much sport lol. He has a dabble at everything too and picks most of it up well

I wasn’t too popular tonight though when we sat and watched the hot dog eating competition this afternoon and he went hammer and tongs at his food after that haha

Latest posts