What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vs Tigers Rd 16 2022

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It wasn’t flashy but was a good composed win in the end, great to see the team stick to the game plan in the face of an opposition who weren’t going away and grind out a good win. The best part of it was keeping the tigers to a single penalty.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench
The good thing is it's the bye next weekend - good chance to process that result, install the effort as a "new benchmark" (especially the defence), and look to finishing the season with a decent number of wins.

Benek

Juniors
If the Warriors can play with as much enthusiasm as the FIVE streakers today, they will go alright for the rest of the year.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Can we now put the idea of the Warriors being based anywhere but NZ to bed for good? They’re our team and they belong at their home.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I know they’re still rubbish, but they’re our rubbish, and they’re home
Well summed up brother.

I got pretty emotional before the game, when they were standing in the tunnel. And it hit me how harsh I think I've been on their performances when there's been such a hardship on what they've had to deal with. And you know, 'first world problems' and all that, but they have had to deal with the instability and uncertainty of not knowing where the hell they live, or living away from family, or whatever else. Is there a single sports team in the world who were kept away from home longer than us?? 1083 days away from home in terms of games, and if we went into camp in May 2020 (from memory), it'll be almost 2 and a half years on from that until September until these guys can live back at their home. I think that's unprecedented in world sport.

Yesterday, the fun came back and I'm grateful to those guys. Felt like having my team back

Rich102

Staff member
Very poor game of league.
Can't see us winning any more games this year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Was it poor? I thought our finishing was sub-par, but I think we played pretty reasonably - that part of the game apart, I thought we did OK. Shaun's kicking game was good, we had strong go-forward, our back three got their hands on the ball a lot, Egan was outstanding at hooker, we obviously defended well etc.

I think we played well considering our troops. Missing our playmaker fullback, we had the better line-up with Aitken at centre that got switched, AFB was clearly not 100% etc.

I think we'll beat the Dogs and Titans at home, and I reckon we can get the Bunnies and Raiders too. I'll be realistic and say we win 2 of those.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
geez, give the negativity a rest for one day at least. We’re home, we won by 20 and we kept the opposition tryless. Focus on the positives given that we actually have a few for once. we're the feelgood story of the week for the entire comp and people here are still whingeing!

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah it was a pretty average game, but overlooking that fact it has probably been the finest week in NZRL since 95 with the Kiwis and Warriors both returning for wins over the past week

only downside is being back to the amateur hour tv coverage and commentary

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah it was a pretty average game, but overlooking that fact it has probably been the finest week in NZRL since 95 with the Kiwis and Warriors both returning for wins over the past week

only downside is being back to the amateur hour tv coverage and commentary
Yeah, I don't want a piece of the negativity. That was so much fun on Sunday, like the good old days where I based my week around going to Mt Smart of a weekend. Where I knew exactly who we were playing weeks in advance. Where I generally almost caught pneumonia of a Saturday night, but I loved it.

I watched with my 7 year old and 5 year old, and they loved it too. They were asking heaps of questions, it was awesome. And my 5 year old has a crush on Reece Walsh and asked 'where the boy with the make up' was 😂