What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vs Titans Rd2 2022

Too much crying wolf by Walsh might have contributed to that ...
He Hollywooded it like O'Sullivan for Panthers last night who got a player sent off for a 1/7th of a second tackle after ball had left vs a clear lazy arm to the jaw.
Inconsistency.
Rough end of the pineapple on calls.
But that didn't make us have shit 6th tackle options, poor hands and discipline.

Benek

Juniors
I'm so disappointed in these first two games. Miles off the pace. We will be fighting for the wooden spoon unless there's a miraculous turnaround in form in the next 2 games.

On paper, our squad is probably hovering around the top 8. But we always manage to underperform at every occasion. How long do we persist with Brown if this is the best he can get out of the team after a whole pre-season?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
No interest in blaming refs.

We are just really lacking in football smarts and the knowledge on how to win games. The amount of dumb things we did today, the kicks before the final tackle, the stupid piggy back penalties, whatever else, honestly the Storm wouldn't make that many in half a year.

We are 100% a chance for the spoon. Next week v the Tigers will be a massive litmus test for that

Post match conference Brown disappointed (not frustrated apparently) that younger guys couldn't execute the basics and could have done better. His words "we are past trying to develop players, we want to win bloody games of footy"
Players wont be dropped but have to understand there are consequences to the club, team and ladder, we keep score because it's important.
Could have done better if the focused a bit more.
Rocco Berry played 20 games in his whole life, Katoa 30 games in his whole life, learning to play rugby league in the NRL.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Didn’t see all of it, but there is a play in the game that I mentioned earlier, that sums them up for me

winger is running down the touch line to score, Walsh gives up on the play running across, Titans winger instead of scoring in the corner, runs it around a mile closer to the posts. The final difference in the score was 2pts, Walsh didn’t do the 1%er that would have made those 2 pts the Titans kicked a lot harder

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Didn’t see all of it, but there is a play in the game that I mentioned earlier, that sums them up for me

winger is running down the touch line to score, Walsh gives up on the play running across, Titans winger instead of scoring in the corner, runs it around a mile closer to the posts. The final difference in the score was 2pts, Walsh didn’t do the 1%er that would have made those 2 pts the Titans kicked a lot harder
I absolutely fumed at this and a poster mentioned it earlier in the thread. Their kicker was struggling early, absolutely that could have made the difference. Such a poor effort

Rich102

Staff member
We scored 0 points in the second half.
Didn't we have a string of these last year?
Walsh is overplaying his hand getting involved in too much.
Glad it's Mohawk's team and not mine.
Brown would be gone by now.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Post match conference Brown disappointed (not frustrated apparently) that younger guys couldn't execute the basics and could have done better. His words "we are past trying to develop players, we want to win bloody games of footy"
Unfortunately, we're not. We have to develop these guys because most of them don't know how to play in the NRL. Hell, some of them don't even know how to play league. There's decent athletes in there but we are just so desperately lacking in experience and know-how.

Unfortunately, we're not. We have to develop these guys because most of them don't know how to play in the NRL. Hell, some of them don't even know how to play league. There's decent athletes in there but we are just so desperately lacking in experience and know-how.
Agree and thought it a shit call to not develop the players. They are not ready made out of the box!

Latest posts