What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

I don’t live in Sydney you twerp. By the way I actually have friends in Perth who care about rugby league, want a side and are happy for their taxes to be spent on a team that will bring tourism into the state.
I very much doubt you have any friends in Perth. You're just trolling like the illiterate simpleton who supports Penrith. You can join the lunatic on my Ignore list. Bye!

Canard

Immortal
What do North Sydney bring to any venture?

Nostalgia? And 2/3rds of f**k all

As is the WA govt is funding anything NRL?

The Bears are the Anthony Mundine of Clubs.

mongoose

Coach
I love Suncorp, great views, good facilities, real Bundy on optics and a great pub crawl to get to it. It has everything Id want in a sports stadium!
AAMI is great as well but a bit of a longer trek from the pubs and the roof dripline in the rain is poor, great views from behind the sticks though.
Titans stadium and area around it looks meh.
Looking forward to going to new SFS and Commbank next time I'm in Sydney. I doubt I'll be motivated to go to Brookvale or Penrith.
If Manly had a stadium near Manly Wharf or the Corso it would be amazing but it's 10 minutes up the road in some industrial zone

What do North Sydney bring to any venture?

Nostalgia? And 2/3rds of f**k all

As is the WA govt is funding anything NRL?

The Bears are the Anthony Mundine of Clubs.
Wouldn't that make them THE ManBears?

You're right about North Sydney providing nothing. No fans and no money. Pirates would be the better option as it's local. I cannot see the average Western Australian wanting a bar of anything that's not local.

Last edited:
I love how everyone is talking up the return of the Bears
The same people were talking up the "Gold Coast Bears" in 2017.

How did that go?

I'd laugh my guts out if Burleigh Bears jumped in and saddled up with this bid and North Sydney were told to get stuffed. Now that would be funny. The positive about saddling up with Burleigh is there wouldn't be any real concerns about the NRL club relocating to Gold Coast.

says who? Perth Red??
The only way this could work is if the brand is sold to a Perth consortium and North Sydney has zero stake in it. It has to be a new team completely disassociated with North Sydney.

The Sydney media will get Western Australians offside by always talking up the North Sydney Bears.

Last edited:

Menaiduck

Juniors
The same people were talking up the "Gold Coast Bears" in 2017.

How did that go?

I'd laugh my guts out if Burleigh Bears jumped in and saddled up with this bid and North Sydney were told to get stuffed. Now that would be funny. The positive about saddling up with Burleigh is there wouldn't be any real concerns about the NRL club relocating to Gold Coast.
Angry little ant aren’t you?

Menaiduck

Juniors
I know you're being facetious, but it actually was a good thread, and a decent discussion, until the donkey came in spilling his usual shyte everywhere. He constantly destroys threads.
Some people just need to do that. It’s been a good discussion other than him.

Canard

Immortal
says who? Perth Red??
Says me, they were taking over the Titans (remember), then merging with one of the Brisbane bids, before that they were starting up in Gosford again..

It's bullshit, and why would the WAGovt be negotiating for an NRL team with all the shitshow happening in the world and nation at the moment?

I know you're being facetious, but it actually was a good thread, and a decent discussion, until the donkey came in spilling his usual shyte everywhere. He constantly destroys threads.
You're thin skinned and cannot handle any criticism of the NSWRL and its clubs. Before I entered the thread it was basically a wankathon about the return of North Sydney Bears by NSWRL fans, just like the thread on the Bears buying the Titans five years ago.

The NSWRL fans talking up this story were deathriding the Perth bid just a few days ago, but now they're on board because it's the bloody Bears. Some of them were crazy enough to promote PNG Pride @ Cairns ad nauseum in every thread while saying Perth cannot have a team. It's hard to take anything these turkeys say seriously. They're biased and too emotionally invested in the NSWRL to make a proper and informed judgement on expansion that will benefit the game. Every idea they champion is based around aiding the Sydney clubs to some extent, even if it is detrimental to the game outside of Sydney.

You've got nine teams to follow. F--- off and let Perth have one of their own without the baggage associated with Sydney.

Menaiduck

Juniors
You're thin skinned and cannot handle any criticism of the NSWRL and its clubs. Before I entered the thread it was basically a wankathon about the return of North Sydney Bears by NSWRL fans, just like the thread on the Bears buying the Titans five years ago.

The NSWRL fans talking up this story were deathriding the Perth bid just a few days ago, but now they're on board because it's the bloody Bears. Some of them were crazy enough to promote PNG Pride @ Cairns ad nauseum in every thread while saying Perth cannot have a team. It's hard to take anything these turkeys say seriously. They're biased and too emotionally invested in the NSWRL to make a proper and informed judgement on expansion that will benefit the game. Every idea they champion is based around aiding the Sydney clubs to some extent, even if it is detrimental to the game outside of Sydney.

You've got nine teams to follow. f**k off and let Perth have one of their own without the baggage associated with Sydney.
You really have a problem mate.

Latest posts