What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Colk

First Grade
I've been trying to warn you...

I think anybody who has read the multitude of Bears return stories since their demise (and there have been a few) and in particular managed to take a gander at the comments section, would have been given an insight into their delusions.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I think anybody who has read the multitude of Bears return stories since their demise (and there have been a few) and in particular managed to take a gander at the comments section, would have been given an insight into their delusions.
An insight sure, but that's not even scratching the surface of a significant portion of Bears fans delusions.

Smiley

Bench
Central Coast Bears
Gold Coast Bears
WA Bears

What’s next, PNG Bears or Christchurch Bears?

Spilting half their games between Perth and North Sydney would be ridiculous. It needs to be a maximum of three games at NS. We don’t need another Sydney team or anymore games in Sydney.

MugaB

Coach
Central Coast Bears
Gold Coast Bears
WA Bears

What’s next, PNG Bears or Christchurch Bears?

Spilting half their games between Perth and North Sydney would be ridiculous. It needs to be a maximum of three games at NS. We don’t need another Sydney team or anymore games in Sydney.
You forgot Adelaide Bears, and Brisbane 2 Bears, and my personal favourite North Sydney Bears

Wb1234

Referee
I wonder what other clubs Vlandys suggested the WA govt should talk to?
Yep let’s ignore the rothfield article which quotes vlandys as saying norths and the 2gb interview with the norths leagues clubs boss

perths best hope is if the bears choose them over Christchurch

Christchurch has the better stadium but Perth has the wa government and right now more sponsors and consortia who want to back them

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hopefully he told them to go talk with the Bulldogs, Tigers, Sharks and Dragons.

Tigers and Bulldogs are fighting over limited resources. Ditto Sharks and Dragons. Something has to give.
It won’t be nrl clubs, it will be second tier clubs with jnr pathways he wants to see the link up with.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He didn't suggest any other clubs. Why word it like he did?
The original article by rothfield stated more than just the bears

The Western Australian government sent their minister for sport and the boss of venues WA to Brisbane for the weekend to have meetings with key people at the NRL and a couple of club sides, trying to look at ways of launching a bid for an 18th team,” Rothfield told Sky’s Big Sport Breakfast.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I
Yep let’s ignore the rothfield article which quotes vlandys as saying norths and the 2gb interview with the norths leagues clubs boss

perths best hope is if the bears choose them over Christchurch

Christchurch has the better stadium but Perth has the wa government and right now more sponsors and consortia who want to back them
didn’t say he didn’t include bears but if you read the original article rothfield clearly says a “couple of clubs”

bears are only best hope if it’s on the right terms or it will be basket case that will do more harm to the game here than not having a club,

10 games min in perth
brand change to represent it’s a WA club
majority ownership by wa consortium
financial contribution
license to stay in perth if relationship breaks down

otherwise we should take our chances on our own.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

There is 0 chance of another NSW team coming in. Those in charge of the Bears would know this hence the logo change to Bears

Perth Red

Post Whore
There is 0 chance of another NSW team coming in. Those in charge of the Bears would know this hence the logo change to Bears
Tbf that was mainly for this latest hair brained bid where they play at different venues across nsw lol
i guess they were inspired by “the” dolphins stupidity.

The original article by rothfield stated more than just the bears

The Western Australian government sent their minister for sport and the boss of venues WA to Brisbane for the weekend to have meetings with key people at the NRL and a couple of club sides, trying to look at ways of launching a bid for an 18th team,” Rothfield told Sky’s Big Sport Breakfast.
My bad. Fair enough.

Pippen94

First Grade
Tbf that was mainly for this latest hair brained bid where they play at different venues across nsw lol

You're such a bad faith agent who's always negative on everything NRL..

Iamback

Coach

FB doesn't have the smartest people

NSW side in the future won't bring in anything for broadcasters. Bears management atleast know this

Latest posts