What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

flippikat

Bench
News ltd didn’t want them even though they were a much better option for a genuine brisbane2 club.
Which screams "conflict of interest", really - News Ltd should have been forced to sell the Broncos YEARS ago - the formation of the NRL commission was the perfect opportunity to require that.

siv

First Grade
Which screams "conflict of interest", really - News Ltd should have been forced to sell the Broncos YEARS ago - the formation of the NRL commission was the perfect opportunity to require that.
Peace deal only allowed News Ltd to own one club

Pippen94

First Grade
Players are entitled to get a pay rise as the games income goes up

plus the higher the wages the more the nrl can pillage rugby union (not just nz Europe too)

Yep. Players getting payed more is best way to boost participation

Centy Coast

Juniors
IMHO North Sydney would get 3 games and Perth the rest. This article is great news. Perth is my number 1 choice. WA, like North Queensland, is about to grow exponentially.
Having been heavily involved during the Central Coast Bears bid between 2009 and 2012 I am looking forward to this.
Not only do the Bears have an established NRL pathways e.g. NSW Cup, Harvey Norman womens comp, S.G.Ball, Harold Matthews and Tarsha Gale Cup teams, they are also an Foundation team. The only bid that got close to the Bears bid during those years was WA.
WA offers the NRL an team in a new location and represents National in NRL plus a new TV timeslot.
If there are three games at North Sydney Oval fine, with all the NSW teams in the NRL the Sydney Bears fans will have plenty of chances to attend games.
My sister has lived between Cottesloe and Scarborough for the last 40 years so atleast I've got somewhere to stay when I travel to WA 👍
Bring back the Bears 🐻🖤💛🏈
I don't know about that.

Yeah it's next to no chance of happening, at least not now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes every club gets 14.4 million, 5 million for staff, and 9.4m for the 30 first grade players, that 5 million includes travel too... is perth more expensive to fly to than nz2?

I was talking about specifically the players at 9.4m, it shouldn't be raised, if anything it should be dropped, so that clubs aren't over buying on outside talent, i get that there's players that are worthy of one million, but you can't have too many in one side, not only does it blow your cap, but it means when they are injuried, your replacement are the bargain basement quality in comparison, and you won't win games. Thats why i shake my head when clubs spend close to a million on 2nd rowers, or wingers that say they are fullback..fmd
Last year clubs and players got $17.4mill per club. That is a grant increase to help with covid reduced income and bonus to players for surplus acheived.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Having been heavily involved during the Central Coast Bears bid between 2009 and 2012 I am looking forward to this.
Not only do the Bears have an established NRL pathways e.g. NSW Cup, Harvey Norman womens comp, S.G.Ball, Harold Matthews and Tarsha Gale Cup teams, they are also an Foundation team. The only bid that got close to the Bears bid during those years was WA.
WA offers the NRL an team in a new location and represents National in NRL plus a new TV timeslot.
If there are three games at North Sydney Oval fine, with all the NSW teams in the NRL the Sydney Bears fans will have plenty of chances to attend games.
My sister has lived between Cottesloe and Scarborough for the last 40 years so atleast I've got somewhere to stay when I travel to WA 👍
Bring back the Bears 🐻🖤💛🏈
You’ve got somewhere nice to stay then!

ideally no more than one home game in sydney, preferably at sfs v manly.

The dolphins weren’t brought in to attract people from east of Brisbane lol

nobody wants to support a fire hawk when they can support a dolphin. Redcliffe literally have the best logo in the nrl
Where's the logic in introducing a team that will play the bulk of its games at a stadium located 40km away from its supporter base?

News ltd didn’t want them even though they were a much better option for a genuine brisbane2 club.
News Ltd have too much influence over our game.

Great, what happens when storm starting losing for the first time in 23 years?!
I'll be happy.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where's the logic in introducing a team that will play the bulk of its games at a stadium located 40km away from its supporter base?

News Ltd have too much influence over our game.
nsw racing, nrl, news corp, it’s all incredibly incestuous.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just look at the media black out of the pathetic attempt to bully the nswrl into submission by withholding funding. I mean this is a massive story and not one show on fox league has even mentioned it.
A case Vlandys just lost in court today by the way lol

Wb1234

Referee
Just look at the media black out of the pathetic attempt to bully the nswrl into submission by withholding funding. I mean this is a massive story and not one show on fox league has even mentioned it.
A case Vlandys just lost in court today by the way lol
Lmao now you are shedding tears for the nswrl

Wb1234

Referee
nsw racing, nrl, news corp, it’s all incredibly incestuous.

Wb1234

Referee
It’s kinda funny reading people here saying news ltd has too much control over rugby league. Literally every person who has said it is a fan of an ex super league club

if it wasn’t for your clubs news ltd would have no control over the game.