What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

MugaB

Coach
One day I’m going to get you to admit your deep love for our Sydney clubs. They are the bedrock of the game. Without Sydney you would all be afl fans. Ponder that lol
He definitely would have followed the pink and gold Brisbane Bears

Attachments

• images.jpeg-113.jpg
    images.jpeg-113.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1

Iamback

Coach
You hit the key point early in the post.

Nothing wrong with new brands, Titans have had plenty of other issues that hindered their progress. They wouldn’t have any more or less supporters today if they were Gold Coast Bears (Norths Merger or Burleigh promoted).

WA Bears might bring a few more Sydney based supporters than Pirates, nowhere near what the Bears would claim though. Being frank with the average age of supporters those numbers would start dropping significantly in the few decades. Don’t see many kids in Sydney getting behind WA Bears.

Do you think Suns & Giants would have been any more successful if they promoted/moved/merged with some VFL club with history?

Depends what the aim for the new brand is.

Is a 9th game going to be worth much to broadcasters if 100k are watching instead of 300k?

I don't see Perth alone getting that. AFL would just have a WA team playing in the same timeslot etc.

Being successful will change that. People will tune in to watch 2 Top 4 sides play. If they are losing then not so.

If they get enough QLD or NSW fans engaged then the viewers are there.

We are talking of the Bears because they are interested. Even getting on board the failed 17 team bids has the same outcome.

As for GWS and Suns. I don't think they chose the right areas BUT Swans and Lions have strong support in Melbourne. So I say yes atleast away games and TV would be better for those sides

I was responding to a poster who claimed the "brands" of six Sydney clubs produced big crowds. The reality is those games drew a crowd because they were played on Easter Friday, Easter Monday and ANZAC Day.

You're just pissed off because I used logic and data to bust the myth of Sydney brands having special drawing power.

It's funny how bad boy buddy follows these threads so he can "Like" all posts that go ad hominem on me.
No dickhead, you ruin these threads continuously. And your posts are full of shit that is f**king boring and a waste of space.
Is that more clear for you, f**kwit.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Day one isn't the issue.
The novelty factor will last atleast a season.
After that if the team is terrible it might fall away...a heritage brand will help should it happen
Do fans not fall away from heritage brands when they are sht? I mean come on, some heritage brands can’t draw fans hen they’re good lol.

Ps can you define a heritage brand so we know what you’re talking about please.

MugaB

Coach
Do fans not fall away from heritage brands when they are sht? I mean come on, some heritage brands can’t draw fans hen they’re good lol.

Ps can you define a heritage brand so we know what you’re talking about please.
Im an avid nrl fan, i don't think there is a "heritage" brand, but also growing up watching the nswrl since 1980s, i'd say most clubs from that comp, stand now as a heritage clubs, saying that since NRL formed after 97, the remaining clubs that have continued on from the nswrl untouched could be classed as heritage too, I'm talking raiders, broncs, cowboys, warriors, knights, plus the nswrl clubs...
As for the "inagural" clubs, being bunnies, roosters, bears, tigers, magpies and jets.

Titans, Storm, and dolphins id say aren't although the dolphins have been around since 1947, albeit in the BRL/QRL and deserve some recognition, along with any other BRL club that would one day receive an NRL licence...
To me heritage just means been around for a while pre NRL...
But then there's the whole merged teams headaches... dragons and wests shouldn't really be classified as heritage since they were created post 97

No dickhead, you ruin these threads continuously. And your posts are full of shit that is f**king boring and a waste of space.
Is that more clear for you, f**kwit.
You've never disproven anything I've said.

You have a massive chip on your shoulder because you know everything I say about your club is true.

You don't want genuine expansion.

You want a continuation of the NSWRL. Genuine expansion scares you because it will kill small and unviable clubs like Cronulla.

The NRL will never grow into a 24 team competition. The limit is probably 18. Possibly 20 if we're lucky. Not enough room for nine unviable Sydney clubs.

One day I’m going to get you to admit your deep love for our Sydney clubs. They are the bedrock of the game. Without Sydney you would all be afl fans. Ponder that lol
Queenslanders couldn't care less about Sydney's clubs. Ratings on TV prove it. Melbourne Storm mean more to Queenslanders than any stinking Sydney club.

You've never disproven anything I've said.

You have a massive chip on your shoulder because you know everything I say about your club is true.

You don't want genuine expansion.

You want a continuation of the NSWRL. Genuine expansion scares you because it will kill small and unviable clubs like Cronulla.

The NRL will never grow into a 24 team competition. The limit is probably 18. Possibly 20 if we're lucky. Not enough room for nine unviable Sydney clubs.
You whine about crowds yet YOU DONT GO TO GAMES!!!!.
You seem to have an excuse, so do other people.
You're a f**king hypocrite.
I go to every single home game of my team, and some away games.
When you can say the same you'll be able to say that you actually support rugby league.
For now, you're just a weak arsed pussy, who speaks and screams for attention,
Who doesn't even go to f**king games but complains about crowds.
Cry away, bitch.

Special K

Coach
Billy Moore on nrl360 last night, he’s on the bears board, says they are looking for an 8-4 game split and no change to the bears brand.

that would be a no from me in that case.
I thought it was 4-6 and Manly had to be one. 4 would be alright but anything more would be taking the piss.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought it was 4-6 and Manly had to be one. 4 would be alright but anything more would be taking the piss.
There’s 12 home games a year. He said they wanted 4 at nso of which one would be manly. The concerning thing is the way he talked it didn’t sound like a partnership, it sounded like ns bears owning the club and playing games in perth. That would be the very worse outcome.

MugaB

Coach
There’s 12 home games a year. He said they wanted 4 at nso of which one would be manly. The concerning thing is the way he talked it didn’t sound like a partnership, it sounded like ns bears owning the club and playing games in perth. That would be the very worse outcome.
Yeah im not sure @Special K understood the split we are talking about, that post looked more on the side of games at NSO (4-6 per year) only. going off kent and moore's rant on tv.
me and PR (or PB as i like to call him)
Want to see 2 NSO games minimum, hell one would be ideal... the remaining 10-11 held at HBF park in Perth, preferably under the name west coast bears, in their classic red & black, but add a with a trim of gold (to represent Western Australia)
Nrl360 are playing up the return of the bears, and paul kent has always spearheaded the idea, along with benny ikin, nothing would please them more than seeing a return of the bears, but it won't be expansion if it isn't viewed as a "perth club" first... so have you're 2 NSO games, maybe hold another 2 as pre season trials, that makes your 4 total, and base the bears in WA for 10 home games forever,
This probably needs to happen with tigers 10-2 split for Campbo/L.O, and Dragons 10-2 split with WIN/K.O

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah im not sure @Special K understood the split we are talking about, that post looked more on the side of games at NSO (4-6 per year) only. going off kent and moore's rant on tv.
me and PR (or PB as i like to call him)
Want to see 2 NSO games minimum, hell one would be ideal... the remaining 10-11 held at HBF park in Perth, preferably under the name west coast bears, in their classic red & black, but add a with a trim of gold (to represent Western Australia)
Nrl360 are playing up the return of the bears, and paul kent has always spearheaded the idea, along with benny ikin, nothing would please them more than seeing a return of the bears, but it won't be expansion if it isn't viewed as a "perth club" first... so have you're 2 NSO games, maybe hold another 2 as pre season trials, that makes your 4 total, and base the bears in WA for 10 home games forever,
This probably needs to happen with tigers 10-2 split for Campbo/L.O, and Dragons 10-2 split with WIN/K.O
Agreed

billy Moore is just talking about norths ideal situation which won’t happen

I think they will be happy with two games at nso. Four just doesn’t work

and the bid needs the wa govt and wa corporate support behind it. This won’t happen if bears own the license

bears aren’t stupid. They will accept what the wa govt wants

lord vlandys himself said he doesn’t want any more Sydney teams

this will be a wa team with the bears colours (with some yellow) and logo

Iamback

Coach
All part of the process. Moore and the Board can go back and say. We tried and came up with x amount instead. It is the politics of these things

Perth Red

Post Whore
In this digibears logo.jpgtal age I think the bear part of the logo needs to be much simpler to translate to digital platforms better.

something like this in red and black maybe

Latest posts