What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Centy Coast

Juniors
You will find thats when Newcastle stopped their association with the CC

The had been known as the CC Centurians during that period playing in the regions colours of sky blue & gold
Central Coast were still be Centurians when the Roosters moved in.
Former Roosters CEO Brian Callaghan was working with the NRL, he did an strategic plan of the area, got rid of the old dead wood CCJRL officials returned to the Roosters the following season, Wyong became the Roosters NSW Cup side and the Central Coast junior representative teams came under the Roosters banner.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Here is Jacob Saifiti, Connor Watson and my son Jake on the end in Central Coast Centurians gear, Daniel Saifiti had a cracked skull from a skateboard fall at the time.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1629105061260.jpg
    FB_IMG_1629105061260.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 5

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surely the NRL has a deal with an airline? They can arrange direct flights to anywhere. With players, family, officials, board members and some fans the flight would be full. Not hard.
Nope I don’t think they do. It’s incredibly expensive to charter your own plane, that showy sports clubs don’t do it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surely the NRL has a deal with an airline? They can arrange direct flights to anywhere. With players, family, officials, board members and some fans the flight would be full. Not hard.
Rl has a strong and growing footprint outside perth. Id like It to be inclusive of that. West Coast Bears for me.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dont make up porkies

Reds, Broncos, Cowboys, Warriors, Crushers, Charges did not play U21s in 1995
im going from what the chairman of the time said, I’ll take his first hand experience over your opinion thanks,

Wb1234

Referee
All the excuses in the world, yes cowboys were good defensively, but slippery conditions in the foot of the mountains, means they couldn't hold the ball long enough to attack... cowboys should be top4 this year, roosters, manly and souths have dropped out of contention, it will be brisbane, storm, cows and riff,... a maybe cronulla... either way grotd wasn't going to see the cows do any attack even with talmololololo and felt
That score line flattered the cowboys

in the first half it was 90 percent possession to the panthers

they easily could’ve got to 40 by half time you could tell they weren’t getting out of second gear

parra are my pick as the threat to the panthers
Storm have a great spine and a average forward pack

roosters are in a rebuilding stage.

nathan Cleary is even playing close to his best football.

but it’s a long season and injuries will always change things around

Wb1234

Referee
Ideally a WA team would never play warriors, cowboys, Newcastle away or dolphins on Sunshine Coast to help reduce travel demands. Sydney, brisbane, canberra, Melbourne all direct flights from perth so not so bad.
Wa are going to end up in the non Sydney conference.

Wb1234

Referee
Did you even watch the game or are you just being a low IQ troll?

COVID-19 forced the competition to relocate to Queensland for much of last year.

Cowboys had bugger all possession and had to defend their line non-stop for a 15 minute period, yet they still managed to hold Penrith out. Any other team in the competition would have cracked under so much pressure against the best side assembled in years. The amount of defence the Cowboys had to do during this period zapped them of energy and killed any chance they had of competing. From that point on their line speed was shot and their forwards had nothing left in the tank with ball in hand. Once the fatigue factor crept in Penrith were always going to be one step ahead of them for the rest of the match, which led to handling errors piling up as the fresher legs of the Panthers allowed them to jam up and in to shut down any ball movement before it got to the flanks.

Penrith were near perfect with ball in hand and their up and in defence was rock solid. No team in the competition was going to beat them tonight.

Cowboys still made two or three line breaks and came close to scoring a couple of times.

It didn't help not having Taumalolo and Feldt. Cowboys lost Gilbert for a large chunk of the first half with a hip injury, which buggered their forward rotation. Let's see how your mob go against them. I recall your mob getting beat up by the Broncos at Lang Park, Storm in Melbourne and touched up by the Raiders. Cowboys beat those teams convincingly.
Penriths attack was terrible last night
And the cowboys were continually off side
Ref should’ve sent someone to the bin but the panthers were so far on top they didn’t want to affect the game even more

Perth Red

Post Whore
I really hope that the NRL are watching the Warriors matches because it will instantly end talk of an 2nd NZ team.
They are shocking but why arent they back in Auckland? Travel isn’t a problem now so why are they still stuck in Redcliffe? Bit unfair to judge them when they’ve spent two years on the road.

Colk

First Grade
I really hope that the NRL are watching the Warriors matches because it will instantly end talk of an 2nd NZ team.

It is a bit of a worry. They need a better coach than Nathan Brown and they need help with juniors and keeping the best talent in NZ

There is enough potential for them and to have another side there but it needs greater assistance from the ARLC

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is a bit of a worry. They need a better coach than Nathan Brown and they need help with juniors and keeping the best talent in NZ

There is enough potential for them and to have another side there but it needs greater assistance from the ARLC
We’re probably seeing the outcome of years of reducing funding to NZRL. The arlc finally seems to have realises this isnt a great idea. Better late than never I suppose. Not sure what the new owner is like but the whole club needs a massive shake up and investment. They should be in the top 4 biggest clubs in the nrl.

Colk

First Grade
We’re probably seeing the outcome of years of reducing funding to NZRL. The arlc finally seems to have realises this isnt a great idea. Better late than never I suppose. Not sure what the new owner is like but the whole club needs a massive shake up and investment. They should be in the top 4 biggest clubs in the nrl.

Totally agree. To me they have the same profile as somebody like Penrith. They have challenges in order to attract talent like Penrith had but they should have the ability to source their own talent.

Penriths attack was terrible last night
And the cowboys were continually off side
Ref should’ve sent someone to the bin but the panthers were so far on top they didn’t want to affect the game even more
A couple of Panthers players should have been sent off or given ten in the bin. Kikau deserved to be sent for the dangerous spear tackle. A manly player got sent for something similar against the Elmer Fudds.

There was a late shoulder charge that made contact with the head of Drinkwater at the backend of the second half. Definite send off.

Penrith were continuously holding down in the ruck and applying unnecessary pressure to the head of the tackled player.

Wb1234

Referee
A couple of Panthers players should have been sent off or given ten in the bin. Kikau deserved to be sent for the dangerous spear tackle. A manly player got sent for something similar against the Elmer Fudds.

There was a late shoulder charge that made contact with the head of Drinkwater at the backend of the second half. Definite send off.

Penrith were continuously holding down in the ruck and applying unnecessary pressure to the head of the tackled player.
There was a late shot on Cleary which the ref didn’t penalise

and a panthers disallowed try which should’ve been allowed

cowboys are on the up but nowhere near Penrith right now

Colk

First Grade
Oh I better email vlandys and get him to do it sooner then

It shouldn’t be high on the agenda. So long as they don’t do it lazily like Sydney vs non Sydney (which was an awful idea btw) then it might work. But it is not necessary.

If we ever got to a 20 team competition, you would be better just to play each other once