What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Iamback

Coach
If this is the case it will not be a Bears team in that location, as per their very vocal non negotiables

Lets say they go it alone, Someone is going to build them a training base, Or fund a lower grade side.

The original suggestion was to play out of Cairns.

Barlow Park needs upgrading for that, a secondary office space. Training complex

You don't think Cairns council/Northern Pride or whoever back it won't want something for that outlay?

greenBV4

Bench
Lets say they go it alone, Someone is going to build them a training base, Or fund a lower grade side.

The original suggestion was to play out of Cairns.

Barlow Park needs upgrading for that, a secondary office space. Training complex

You don't think Cairns council/Northern Pride or whoever back it won't want something for that outlay?
You realise this is the WA bears thread right? Wtf are you talking about Cairns for

I'm sure any Perth bid is capable of arranging training facilities and a feeder club arrangements

Iamback

Coach
Yes, I can definitely see how that may be influencing their thinking.

Counting The Dolphins the plan is 4 new teams in 10 years.

The next 3 should and looks like being new locations, With it won't be a lot of grass roots footy.

Dolphins will start producing within a few seasons, Pacific or PNG next will do the same.

That allows 9 games a week to sell to TV. Increasing revenue while creating a bigger player pool to then go to Perth

Perth Red

Post Whore
You realise this is the WA bears thread right? Wtf are you talking about Cairns for

I'm sure any Perth bid is capable of arranging training facilities and a feeder club arrangements
Hopefully the wa govt will be building us a CofE as part of their support. Theyve done it for basketball, netball, union, soccer and athletics in recent years,

feeder club there’s loads of options. Probably at least ten possibles.

greenBV4

Bench
What you are describing is a feeder club arrangement, something any club already can and does do

The Bears want to own an NRL license, they have made that clear as day
Current feeder club arrangements FYI

Screenshot_20230321_224914_Chrome.jpg

Bears recently split from the Roosters I'm assuming because of their NRL ambitions (and I'm sure will re organise a new arrangement with someone if they end up not getting their way)

Redcliffe prior to the NRL dolphins was affiliated with the Warriors

The Hunters are the only side not affiliated with an NRL club, and IMO this should be pushed by the NRL to happen, which then gives you that funnel from PNG straight into the NRL

Bring in Perth and set the hunters up as the affiliated QCup side, 2 birds 1 Stone, no need for the parasite Bears, and we can continue to wait for PNG to develop as a nation until its ready for a fully fledged team that I'm sure will one day be a powerhouse

Perth Red

Post Whore
Counting The Dolphins the plan is 4 new teams in 10 years.

The next 3 should and looks like being new locations, With it won't be a lot of grass roots footy.

Dolphins will start producing within a few seasons, Pacific or PNG next will do the same.

That allows 9 games a week to sell to TV. Increasing revenue while creating a bigger player pool to then go to Perth
i would t want to see a perth club introduced on 2025, it’s not enough time to build a club. Ideally they’d announce us for 2028 and start the funding now so we can get u16’s, sg ball and a reserve grade side up and running, sign players with plenty of time and give WA govt time to build a cOf e and get hbf park upgraded.

Iamback

Coach

Because Northern Pride aren't linked to an NRL side

Of course they can, They just need to fund it themselves.

IF they want the Bears setup and the $2-5m they'd spend on junior development the trade is a couple of home games and the Bears name.

It is that simple no one is forced to take the Bears on but the price to do so is defined

greenBV4

Bench

IF they want the Bears setup and the $2-5m they'd spend on junior development the trade is a couple of home games and the Bears name.

It is that simple no one is forced to take the Bears on but the price to do so is defined
Or they could wait until the bears get rejected a license and align with them as a feeder club like the Roosters previously were, or they with literally any other NSW or QLD Cup side

Perth Red

Post Whore

A WA club should have in their business case they are funding a $2million pirates jnr and reserve grade program regardless. That’s the point to develop WA systems and players.

The secondary feeder side will be funded largely by that club in queensland. As it is now for those feeder club agreements with other clubs.

youre overestimating how much norths spend, according to annual report they spent $768k on football club and $61k on jnr rl.

Last edited:

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Seems like this was Politis but still a huge undertaking
No mate, these blokes will all be in this together, you know birds of a feather.
Let`s not forget what V`landy`s has done with N.S.W. Racing, League is his next project. That`s why I have no doubt Beattie was pushing so hard for him to get the job.

Wb1234

Referee
No mate, these blokes will all be in this together, you know birds of a feather.
Let`s not forget what V`landy`s has done with N.S.W. Racing, League is his next project. That`s why I have no doubt Beattie was pushing so hard for him to get the job.
Yeh at least Beattie realised he was out of his depth and didn’t try to cling onto power like John grant

greenBV4

Bench
Because Northern Pride aren't linked to an NRL side
Yes they are
Current feeder club arrangements FYI

Screenshot_20230321_224914_Chrome.jpg

Iamback

Coach
Or they could wait until the bears get rejected a license and align with them as a feeder club like the Roosters previously were, or they with literally any other NSW or QLD Cup side

The Roosters ran their own lower grades though, Jason Taylor an assistant at the Roosters was Bears coach.

That doesn't work from Perth, It needs to be a full Partnership from u17's up. It is very expensive for Perth to do it all but yes the option is there

Iamback

Coach

I have no issue with being very ambitious but the flip side is it may mean PNG joins Pacifika instead of being individual bids etc.

greenBV4

Bench
The Roosters ran their own lower grades though, Jason Taylor an assistant at the Roosters was Bears coach.

That doesn't work from Perth, It needs to be a full Partnership from u17's up. It is very expensive for Perth to do it all but yes the option is there
Jason Taylor, someone the Roosters hired as an assistant coach

Any team anywhere can hire someone as any type of coach, why would this require the bears?

Latest posts