What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Vibing

Juniors
The 2 biggest clubs in Sydney, based there full time, in modern stadiums, have 30k members (not season pass holders)

But a Perth team wanting to play a handful of games at a dilapidated Park footy ground will get 10k from Sydney?

Yeah unlikely
No one uses the term " season pass holders " in any sport
they're members

The GWS midgets have 30K " members " playing out of a modern stadium
&
425 season pass holders

greenBV4

Bench
No one uses the term " season pass holders " in any sport
they're members
I know
But WB did
So if 10k Sydney people become season ticket holders
Moving goalposts

I doubt they'd get 10k members of any type from Sydney playing 2 games at NSO

If they put together an away membership package with the other clubs then yes, and this doesn't require any home games at NSO (but the bears don't want that)

Wb1234

Referee
I know
But WB did

Moving goalposts

I doubt they'd get 10k members of any type from Sydney playing 2 games at NSO

If they put together an away membership package with the other clubs then yes, and this doesn't require any home games at NSO (but the bears don't want that)
You can doubt a lot of thing doesn’t mean they aren’t true

when it comes to this topic I would suggest you are one of those Sydney ignorami

Pneuma

First Grade
I don’t know why anybody bothers quoting member numbers anymore. They are basically meaningless unless you know the club’s rationale for counting them. For some with bigger numbers these can include people on a club mailing list. But go ahead anyway :)

Wb1234

Referee
I don’t know why anybody bothers quoting member numbers anymore. They are basically meaningless unless you know the club’s rationale for counting them. For some with bigger numbers these can include people on a club mailing list. But go ahead anyway :)
South’s make around 3 million a year off membership sales

bears should be able to pull 1 million just from Sydney imo

Pneuma

First Grade

For south’s That’s at $100 a member. That’ll include full memberships, 1 game memberships, everything in between and who knows what else? Sharks average $130 a member which the old turd from WA queried. For the bears to get 1 million dollars in memberships based on the above they will need far more than 10000 members if the side is only playing a small number of games in Sydney unless they seriously overcharge for them.

Wb1234

Referee
For south’s That’s at $100 a member. That’ll include full memberships, 1 game memberships, everything in between and who knows what else? Sharks average $130 a member which the old turd from WA queried. For the bears to get 1 million dollars in memberships based on the above they will need far more than 10000 members if the side is only playing a small number of games in Sydney unless they seriously overcharge for them.
I reckon they’ll get more than 10k from Sydney tbh

Vibing

Juniors

memberships & merchandising maybe
not from 1 or 2 game memberships tho, $50 is all you'd charge for one game a cap , scarf & bumper sticker

Wb1234

Referee
Just throwing this out there for discussion

1. north Sydney leagues support ? 1 million pa

2. Membership / merchandise / game day revenue 2 million pa ?

3. corporate support north shore 1 to 2 million pa

this is in addition to tv grant and money made from Perth (or png etc)

greenBV4

Bench
I did
First you've ignored the fact you moved goalposts and changed your initial statement of season ticket holder to member

Second, its well known AFL use a very special counter for all things GWS

Third, as Pneuma and Vibing stated, any revenue from 1-2 game memberships would be far less impactful than you are leading on

The Bears are far less important to a (reportedly) financially and governmnent backed bid like perth than you think, if they dropped their non negotiables would they bring some potentially nice side benfit? Yes
Are they necessary? No

Latest posts