What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Check out the dunnies at the northern end of Leichhardt when you go there, you gotta experience that.
Keen to hear where you’ve landing on Western Bears. You weren’t very receptive a few months ago. Has that changed now knowing how the model is structured with it being 100% WA owned and run?

Will they surpass the Tigers are your club or will they settle for your second fav club? Either way a WA club is coming, plenty to be happy about.

Bukowski

Juniors
Keen to hear where you’ve landing on Western Bears. You weren’t very receptive a few months ago. Has that changed now knowing how the model is structured with it being 100% WA owned and run?

Will they surpass the Tigers are your club or will they settle for your second fav club? Either way a WA club is coming, plenty to be happy about.
I'll be sticking with the tigers, or possibly the magpies by then lol.
The model seems a lot better than other partnerships so there's optimism that it will work. Hopefully they nail it and become a great club, I'm super keen just to be able to go watch regular games.

Centy Coast

Juniors
The Bears made a welcome return to the winners circle tonight with a 30-24 win over the Newcastle Knights to wrap up the regular season.
Congrats to the two young wingers who made their NSW Cup debuts 2nite, Matthew Hill and Ben Stringer, Stringer was playing Harold Matthews earlier this season, both played well.
The Bears now need the Roosters to defeat or draw with the Raiders 2morro and they will be Minor Premiers, if Canberra win 2morro they will be the Minor Premiers because of their superior points differential and the Bears will play the Newtown Jets next weekend.
The Bears had no contracted Storm players 2nite as they all played on Thursday nite against the Cowboys.

IMG_5637.jpeg

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
When the bears come in my goal will be to see them at every away stadium before I peg it! When the reds where in bundy cup I travelled to sydney to see them play belmore, I’m a tragic lol
lol I haven’t been to belmore and I live five minutes away

Vlad59

Bench
How is it personal attacks? Your club cheated with drug abuse. Your club tried to screw another club that helped yours out financially. All items that reek of a true parasitic entity. You completely ignore that because god knows what reason.

Maybe you have selected memory or maybe you’re just a complete clown with a rainbow coloured mouth right about now but either way, you’re not a very intelligent person Vlad.

So again before you go calling a club a parasite, use that 65 year old peanut shell you call a head to try remember what your club has actually done. Which again is the whole point of this back and forwards.
Oh dear. There you go again. Typical behaviour of a follower of a parasite club that leaches on to a new entity in a desperate search for relevance. And more personal abuse. Deary me. Triggered much?

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL 2024: Western Bears draft in Anthony Griffin, Paul White for expansion bid

The Western Bears stepped up their push to join an expanded NRL competition by enlisting the help of two former Broncos heavyweights.
MICHAEL CARAYANNI,
BRENT READ
and
PETER BADEL

September 1, 2024 - 7:55AM

The Western Bears turned to former Broncos heavyweights Anthony Griffin and Paul White to assist with their likely entry into the competition.

It is understood that former St George Illawarra, Penrith and Broncos coach Griffin, ex-Broncos chief executive White and former NRL executive Jonathon Stewart helped the Bears with their bid proposal which is being examined by the NRL.

White and Stewart run a sports management advisory company and drafted in Griffin to assist the Bears. The company also looks after Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy.

Griffin, who coached the Dragons last season, has large expertise in helping establish pathway systems having overseen Brisbane’s development and had a key role in initiating Penrith’s academy programs.

He was also part of the Melbourne Storm when they first entered the competition in 1998.

It is understood the group assisted with the football aspects of the Bears’ intense bid process which included the functionality of a high performance centre, what staff are needed to run a football program, the football department salary cap, the player salary cap and the systems and pathways needed to establish sustained success.

The Bears re-entry into top flight rugby league is all but certain, with a formal announcement expected by October with a 2027 launch date.

North Sydney and the West Australian bid team formed an alliance earlier in August to establish the Western Bears.

While the Perth Bears name was floated, the parties agreed to the Western Bears which is a nod to Western Australia’s first team – the Western Reds.

Anthony Griffin most recently coached the Dragons in 2023.

They finalised their proposal ahead of the NRL imposed August 14 deadline after the hopeful clubs were given a two-week extension.

The Bears are expected to become the NRL’s 18th side and will be based in Perth except for one regular season game and a pre-season fixture in NSW.

PNG will become the NRL’s 19th team in 2028 while the 20th team remains wide open.

Newtown and Ipswich have formed a joint-bid to bring back the Jets while the David Moffett-led South Island Kea also has support.

Latest posts