What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA Reds remain favourites

Perth Red

Post Whore
Brisbane concede we are favourites for expansion
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/nr...id-from-brisbane/story-fn7shzfu-1226069658914

THE bid team for a second NRL club in Brisbane believe a Perth side is a certainty, but league boss David Gallop has cast the biggest doubts yet on any expansion from 2013.
A spokesman for the consortium seeking to set up a new side in Brisbane, Craig Davison, said his team would be competing for the second spot if the NRL expanded by two teams, with a Western Australian side a certainty to take the first.

"The TV rights being negotiated will, I believe, be pushing a lot for two more teams,'' Davison told ABC radio.

"I believe one of them is looking very likely to be WA and the other one I believe should be Brisbane.

"I believe that WA is a lay down misere, they're in.

"So the issue for us is who's going to get the second gig.''

Gallop refuted the claim, adding delays to the formation of an independent commission to run the game could make it difficult to expand as soon as 2013.

Swamp

Juniors
Gallop refuted the claim, adding delays to the formation of an independent commission to run the game could make it difficult to expand as soon as 2013.
Well stop the f@cking bullsh#t then & get this IC sorted out! I'm sure DG is looking for angles to downgrade any positive steps to the NRL. He probably has first hand knowledge that the game won't receive anything close to the rumoured/expected TV deal therefore can't afford to expand due to some sort of deal with News Ltd.

Swamp

Smiley

Bench
James O'Connor has just re-signed with the Force for one year.

Ties in nicely with the tv rights deal and likely expansion.

Would be perfect for the Reds in 2013.

BDGS

Bench
He has done this and along with Quade Cooper doing this, they are really doing it to wait and see how high the salary cap will be in the NRL.