What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA SA NT VIC TAS RL - 20 Years from now

siv

First Grade
What do we really want WA SA NT Victoria and Tasmanian RL to look like in 20-30 years from now ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ideally you'd have an NRL club in Adelaide and Perth with a strong reserve and Jnr grade under them and a strong local comp feeding that reserve grade side.

In nt and tas you would have Sydney clubs part located there with a permenant commitment to three games a year, memberships etc and the local leagues, Jnr elite side part of their feeder system.

Vic needs storm to stop thinking its a Qland club and to invest in the the local leagues with a reserve grade and elite Jnr Melbourne side

But don't hold your breath for any of that.

Marlins

Juniors
A 20 team NRL Comp with relegation.

A 2nd tier NRL Comp/platinum league with promotion to the top flight Comp.

WA - west coast pirates in the NRL
A 2nd WA side in the 2TL
A healthy competitive WA cup competition similar to nsw/Qld cup

NT - NT/Darwin side in the 2TL
NT/Darwin side in the Qld cup
A quality local footy comp in Darwin

VIC - Melbourne Storm in NRL
1 maybe 2 teams in 2TL
A southern rugby league comp featuring 6 teams from Victoria 2 from SA & 2 from TAS

SA - Adelaide side in the NRL
2 sides in the SRL
A quality local footy Comp in ADL

TAS - a side in the 2TL
2 sides in the SRL
A quality local footy comp

hutch

First Grade
There will never be promotion and relegation in the NRL but you have some good ideas there.

I want to see WA v VIC origin as a curtain raiser to nsw v qld. I know they don't have many NRL players to choose from at the moment, but we need to give juniors from these states something to aim for. There would be a mix of NRL players, some reserve graders, under 20's and local league players to begin.

The Great Dane

First Grade
There will never be promotion and relegation in the NRL but you have some good ideas there.

I want to see WA v VIC origin as a curtain raiser to nsw v qld. I know they don't have many NRL players to choose from at the moment, but we need to give juniors from these states something to aim for. There would be a mix of NRL players, some reserve graders, under 20's and local league players to begin.

I don't think there're any Victorian NRL players, maybe a handful that qualify through their parents but definitely not enough to be competitive with WA.

Maybe the ACT vs WA would be a better fit, maybe a bit lopsided at first but give it a series and it'd become competitive.

Then once Victoria has developed a bit it could join in as well.

adamkungl

Immortal
Numerous local leagues feeding into state leagues feeding into junior rep and reserve grade teams. WA and SA (and VIC obviously) with NRL clubs, TAS and NT with NSW and QLD Cup teams (or whatever reserve grade we have running then).

hutch

First Grade
I don't think there're any Victorian NRL players, maybe a handful that qualify through their parents but definitely not enough to be competitive with WA.

Maybe the ACT vs WA would be a better fit, maybe a bit lopsided at first but give it a series and it'd become competitive.

Then once Victoria has developed a bit it could join in as well.

3 born and bred Victorians have played for the storm, although one is now in super league there is still Young Tonumaipea and Richard kennar. They also have a fair few juniors in their under 20's team.
As for WA, I can only think of Curtis Rona but I know there are a few others.

siv

First Grade
I would like to see all states playing in a national U18s U16s competition

With WA having two team one from North and one from Perth

WA represented with a NRL team

NT and TAS to host 3 matches a season

SA a relocated team with 6 matches

But all team should have Tier 2 Cup and U20s teams

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bryson Goodwin was born in NSW though and his dad was a Kangaroo so it's hardly something to celebrate for WA.

Both he and his brother are South Perth Lions jnrs. Sam McKendry is opposite, born in WA but played jnrs on east coast. We'll lay claim to them all lol

Remarkably WA beat a CRL rep team for the second time this year. I say remarkable due to different playing pool size to draw from.

Bulls-610x400.jpg

http://crlnsw.com.au/bulls-learn-from-experience/

Perth really should adopt the black and yellow state colours for their jerseys.

No one else is using it either. No clash with anyone really.

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 12.40.27 pm.png

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Warriors Wellington shirt would make a good design, though I do think we should have scarlet red for the pirate thing in there somewhere.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Ideally you'd have an NRL club in Adelaide and Perth with a strong reserve and Jnr grade under them and a strong local comp feeding that reserve grade side.

In nt and tas you would have Sydney clubs part located there with a permenant commitment to three games a year, memberships etc and the local leagues, Jnr elite side part of their feeder system.

Vic needs storm to stop thinking its a Qland club and to invest in the the local leagues with a reserve grade and elite Jnr Melbourne side

But don't hold your breath for any of that.
Don't they have the Thunderbolts already in place? The Queensland links I've always seen as a stop-gap until the Melbourne talent starts flowing, which it is starting to

mongoose

Coach
Don't they have the Thunderbolts already in place? The Queensland links I've always seen as a stop-gap until the Melbourne talent starts flowing, which it is starting to
Obviously you want to see more local talent coming through in Victoria but the Storm have been incredible for QLD RL. No Storm, no 8 series wins in a row for QLD. Broncos would probably also have 9 or 10 premierships by now without the Storm's existence which IMO would be a greater evil than the Storm having 4 premierships. The club has acted as the 2nd Brisbane club in many ways, which the comp has needed since the 90s.

MugaB

Coach
Obviously you want to see more local talent coming through in Victoria but the Storm have been incredible for QLD RL. No Storm, no 8 series wins in a row for QLD. Broncos would probably also have 9 or 10 premierships by now without the Storm's existence which IMO would be a greater evil than the Storm having 4 premierships. The club has acted as the 2nd Brisbane club in many ways, which the comp has needed since the 90s.
Might as well say 6 premierships for storm, coz even tho 2 had been stripped, that just means no other team would have had the qld players you mentioned (like the bronx) in those 2 seasons

Latest posts