What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA v NSW

The Joker

Juniors
The Victoriania cricketers like their falafl sides made the mistake of believing they would get a point for trying

franklin2323

Immortal
Great win by the Blues, good on Hauri. Dropped but went back to grade and state cricket and has done well. Johnson should take note of his former teammate.

While I didn't want Hauritz in the test team. He has had some bad luck in relation to getting a decent bowl. The QLD game lasted 1 and 1/2 days on a greentop and the game against Tas also was a seamers wicket.

Good to see him come back strongly

aussies1st

Staff member
Problem for Hauritz is Ponting is still captain, Clark seems to have used him well but he isn't the captain of Australia. O'Keefe should come in for Henriques he way better and having another spin option at the SCG is handy.

yappy

Bench
The problem of bringing in O'Keefe for Henriques is the same problem with bringing Henriques in in the first place - not enough batting. I rate O'Keefe immensely but I don't think he's a top 6 batsman. (Would love to be proven wrong!)

The three C's (Clark, Copeland and Cameron) plus Haurie are automatic selections and with Smith in the side we already have two spinners. Rohrer hasn't had the best start to the year, but I still think he's our best No.6 and should come back in. Still it's an intriguing idea to bat O'Keefe at 6 (or 7 with Nevill moving up).

Just hope the rain pisses off in time to prepare a good deck for the SA game next week.

aussies1st

Staff member
O'Keefe would bat 7, Nevill did well in the last match so he can bat 6. It's more to give O'Keefe a chance to push his claim.

franklin2323

Immortal
O'Keefe would bat 7, Nevill did well in the last match so he can bat 6. It's more to give O'Keefe a chance to push his claim.

I am prob bias with O'Keefe as I played with him but he could handle 7. Hauritz also has a test 80 as recent as last summer. Nevill opened for VIC a few seasons ago. So It could work the problem is as Yappy said I would have reservations doing this over the whole season. given every game the pitch seems to be bowler friendly pitch

Personally I want Warner at 6. He is going well and deserves a shot.

I would go.

Jacques
Hughes
Maddison
Khawaja
Smith
Warner
Nevill
Hauritz
Clark
Cameron
Copeland.

Hazelwood and Starc prob would come in when fit and Katich will after the test series

aussies1st

Staff member
Well ideally O'Keefe in over Hauritz but that is never going to happen. But if the selectors are thinking of picking Henriques again they should pick O'Keefe instead. Agree on Warner, he deserves another shot, hes been killing it in grade/future league.

yappy

Bench
The problem of bringing in O'Keefe for Henriques is the same problem with bringing Henriques in in the first place - not enough batting. I rate O'Keefe immensely but I don't think he's a top 6 batsman. (Would love to be proven wrong!)

The three C's (Clark, Copeland and Cameron) plus Haurie are automatic selections and with Smith in the side we already have two spinners. Rohrer hasn't had the best start to the year, but I still think he's our best No.6 and should come back in. Still it's an intriguing idea to bat O'Keefe at 6 (or 7 with Nevill moving up).

Just hope the rain pisses off in time to prepare a good deck for the SA game next week.

Y2Eel

First Grade
How does Henriques keep making the one day side infront of Khawaja? Is he on the short list to make the aussie side aswell? one of pontings pets?

aussies1st

Staff member
Khawaja has been struggling in the shortest format so can't blame them for dropping him. Henriques is more suited to this format anyway and did alright yesterday.

franklin2323

Immortal
How does Henriques keep making the one day side infront of Khawaja? Is he on the short list to make the aussie side aswell? one of pontings pets?
I dont mind Henriques in 1 dayers as he offers something with the ball & hits the ball for some late order runs. I prob would of played Khawaja over Jacques instead depending on form

Latest posts