What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Waiting List - Available Sides Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
G'day guys,

What do you have to do to get in this league? Also is there a description or sample of it?

G'day mate!

Dutchy has written a pretty good FFBRL crash-course that ought to get you up to speed.

It's a pretty simple game once you get into it. You have a squad (available sides are in the first post) and each week you submit your top seventeen and your strategies. The results aren't decided by NRL/ESL scoring, but by a sim that takes into account the player ratings, the strategies, and a little randomness to simulate the unpredictability of the bounce of the ball or the whim of a ref.

We're currently headed into the home stretch, but there are a few sides available who you'd be welcome to coach to the season's conclusion. You could then relocate them, participate in the post-season draft, and make them your own :)

Let me know if you have any other questions. Always good to have new blood in the ranks!

Goldthorpe

Bench
G'day mate!

Dutchy has written a pretty good FFBRL crash-course that ought to get you up to speed.

It's a pretty simple game once you get into it. You have a squad (available sides are in the first post) and each week you submit your top seventeen and your strategies. The results aren't decided by NRL/ESL scoring, but by a sim that takes into account the player ratings, the strategies, and a little randomness to simulate the unpredictability of the bounce of the ball or the whim of a ref.

We're currently headed into the home stretch, but there are a few sides available who you'd be welcome to coach to the season's conclusion. You could then relocate them, participate in the post-season draft, and make them your own :)

Let me know if you have any other questions. Always good to have new blood in the ranks!
I've had a quick/skim read of the crash course - clear as mud! Haha

Are the player ratings ranked from NRL or ESL?

I'll have a look at available teams.

I think I have played this type of comp way back in 2002/03?

Cheers
Aaron

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've had a quick/skim read of the crash course - clear as mud! Haha

Are the player ratings ranked from NRL or ESL?

I'll have a look at available teams.

I think I have played this type of comp way back in 2002/03?

Cheers
Aaron

Quite possible. I was running one from 2001 onwards, and there were a few out there using the same sim.

What exactly is confusing you? Happy to break it down for you :)

And yeah, the available sides aren't too hot. New Zealand are the best of a bad lot.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Sure do!

If you go to the Round 21 results post (pinned at the top of this forum) you'll find a link to download them.

Goldthorpe

Bench
I'll have a look tonight at work if that's cool? Just a few questions.

Can I rename the franchise?

Can I trade?

How long is the regular season?

Misanthrope

Staff member
1). Sure can.

2). Yep! You can trade with whomever you like. At season's end we'll be implimenting a salary cap and contracts, which ought to encourage people. Don't worry about that just yet. You'll benefit from it.

3). Twenty six rounds. We're playing round 21 now.

Goldthorpe

Bench
1). Sure can.

2). Yep! You can trade with whomever you like. At season's end we'll be implimenting a salary cap and contracts, which ought to encourage people. Don't worry about that just yet. You'll benefit from it.

3). Twenty six rounds. We're playing round 21 now.
Well I'm in, if that's cool. Can someone email me the ratings as I can't load them at work.

PM me for email

Cheers

Misanthrope

Staff member
Good timing, mate! We've got two sides available and we're just about to enter the post season for drafting new players.

PM me your email and I'll send you the available sides.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Welcome back into the fold, mate!

I'll be updating the database over the coming few days in order to kick start the season with the draft in the new year.