What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walker To Premier League

Corbin

Juniors
I do think for the Best of our team Walker should go down to Premier league to Re-gather him self...
Get his Defence right and then come back to first grade when it is right...
he lost us the gf, he let in 2 trys...
also he needs to stay in one position not changing between centre and wing.... when he moves from centre to wing he always comes in because of being used to playing in the centres.
i think once he gets everything right... he should be a great asset to our team like he was at the broncos... :? :?: hopefully....

anyone got anything to say about walker and any ideas how to fix them up...

Slugs

Geeze you blokes sure are throwing the entire blame for your loss on Chris Walkout :lol: :lol: :lol:

Geeze I wish we still had him at Souths........................NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This little gem from Chook over at The Wall

Walker is a two time, two try grand final hero.

Rooney scored twice through this hopeless moron.
Utai scored twice through this useless git.

Chris Walker has cost us two grandfinals.
Chris Walker has cost Freddie his fairytale.
Chris Walker has cost us our hat trick.
Chris Walker has cost us FAR FAR FAR MORE than he is worth.
Chris Walker is hopeless.
Chris Walker is ****.
Chris Walker is a turnstyle.
Chris Walker cannot tackle.
Chris Walker is lazy.
Chris Walker has no heart.
Chris Walker goes missing.
Chris Walker won't have a go.
Chris Walker can't read defence.
Chris Walker can't catch.
Chris Walker cracks under pressure.
Chris Walker can't respond to a challenge.
Chris Walker leaves his teammates in the lurch.
Chris Walker is a liability.
Chris Walker is a cat.
Chris Walker is a gutless coward.
Chris Walker is Paul Vautin reincarnated.
Chris Walker should quit our club out of shame.
Chris Walker is not welcome here anymore.
Chris Walker is all of the above.

Where was Chris Walker when we needed him in field to have a run? On his wing.
Where was Chris Walker when we needed him on his wing? In field.

Chris Walker is a two time, two try grand final hero. Two for Luke Rooney and two for Matt Utai. Quit out of shame Chris, it's what you do best.

Justin Hodges is the fatest, laziest most useless player to wear our jersey since Paul Vautin. GOOD RIDDANCE!!

Corbin

Juniors
yeh well i wish he was still under 20 than he could go right down to Jersey Flegg lol

pyro

Juniors
His defence was terrible but we can't put the 2 Grand Final losses soley on Chris Walker. Don't forget he is defending outside a Centre, if the Centre has gone too far in-field then Chris Walker has to go further in-field as well.

We simply turned up at the Grand Final with a plan. It was an attacking plan. Then it rained and we were unable to adapt. Our gameplan went out the window and we panicked in defence. :cry:

I personally think Walker is a great attacking player. Granted he is pretty amateur in defence. But i have no doubt that Sticky will be working overtime with him in the off season. Chris Walker's game is something i am looking forward to seeing next season, as i believe it will be balanced in attack and defence.

Dog-E

Juniors
I'm juist upset the comedy duo that was the tremendous defensive pairing of Hodges & Walker will cease to be from next season! :cry:

PLEASE don't rob us of the sight of Walker stumbling over his own feet as well - Just at the exact moment he realises he has been caught in no-man's land AGAIN,....and tries to turn around!...It's HILARIOUS!!! Comes up a treat in slow-mo as well! :lol:

Oh, and please pick him in SoO too Hages!...I'd like an Blues clan sweep next season! :D

Bluebag

Juniors
Souths fans are unforgiving arn't they. Walker did not cost any GF. Forwards win games and in the past 2 GF Easts forwards were dominated now one of those forwards has gone too Souths and a winger who also does not like to tackle and is one dimensionable. Hodges defence left a lot to be desired and changes defensive patterns. Walker should not be a scapegoat. I am not a fan of his but to those Souths fans get on with life he has gone and is not your problem, you still have enough other problems. An unproven coach, second grade players signed and a player who does not mind hanging out with trannies.

Coote, McCarthy they are bums too as they left Souths didn't they. Souths fans should just be greatful Walker has gone and is Eats problem. He may not be a tackler but he can score points and that is how you win games, score more than the opposition.

Detox

Juniors
thuganomics said:
Boy he has to be the most hated man in league.

Seems like it!

I thought Hodges was more hated though, good to see Walker hated more, well at least my posts written here.

A lot of people have been blaming the Grand Final loss on Walker, but you can't really blame it on one player when it is a team effort.

I think Walker just has to put all his focus on pre-season training and not push too hard to get a spot in the Queensland side, just focus on the Roosters and he should do a lot better.

Walker, with his speed can tear up a lot of other sides and when he was with the Broncos he was like that, it was very intresting to watch.

The Roosters will struggle a touch without Fittler though, but we'll have to wait and see how they go when 2005 kicks off.

Bluebag

Juniors
The bulldogs and Panthers in the last 2 GF have played a very effective game of unders and drawing players from the outside in and creating the space out wide. Teams that play the unders style well always seem to create more opportunities out wide.

melon....

Coach
Bluebag said:
Souths fans are unforgiving arn't they. Walker did not cost any GF. Forwards win games and in the past 2 GF Easts forwards were dominated now one of those forwards has gone too Souths and a winger who also does not like to tackle and is one dimensionable. Hodges defence left a lot to be desired and changes defensive patterns. Walker should not be a scapegoat. I am not a fan of his but to those Souths fans get on with life he has gone and is not your problem, you still have enough other problems. An unproven coach, second grade players signed and a player who does not mind hanging out with trannies.

Coote, McCarthy they are bums too as they left Souths didn't they. Souths fans should just be greatful Walker has gone and is Eats problem. He may not be a tackler but he can score points and that is how you win games, score more than the opposition.
2003 you are correct. In the 2004 GF, the Roosters forwards did more than enough in dominating the Dogs pack. Mason was the only one making yards. The Dogs were toast with 15 to go and poor handling awarded them the Grnd Final, not forward dominance.

melon....

Coach
Detox said:
thuganomics said:
Boy he has to be the most hated man in league.

Seems like it!

I thought Hodges was more hated though, good to see Walker hated more, well at least my posts written here.

A lot of people have been blaming the Grand Final loss on Walker, but you can't really blame it on one player when it is a team effort.

I think Walker just has to put all his focus on pre-season training and not push too hard to get a spot in the Queensland side, just focus on the Roosters and he should do a lot better.

Walker, with his speed can tear up a lot of other sides and when he was with the Broncos he was like that, it was very intresting to watch.

The Roosters will struggle a touch without Fittler though, but we'll have to wait and see how they go when 2005 kicks off.
Hodges IS more hated...by me anyway. For people who actually know what a centre is supposed to do in defence, they wouldnt blame the overlaps and getting outside Walker on Walker alone. His positional play isnt great, but credit for that goes to Hodges who refused to mark up, often leaving Walker having to come in and expose his wing, because Fat Hodgo was playing in the dirt instead of protecting his wingman.

The Colonel

Immortal
Its much easier to blame the bloke that gets shown up in the end than it is to blame those that caused the problems in the first place. Walker is not a great defender, however, if there are problems inside any winger than no matter how good a defender he will always be shown up if there is any sort of overlap.

Rooney and Utai are made look good by the lead up work in attack however they could have quite easily been sitting in touch if the defender inside Walker was doing his job. ;-)

Chook

First Grade
Chris Walker is the most accomplished turnstyle this game has ever seen. Even more accomplished than Matthew Gidley.

In 2004 Walker had a tackle miss ratio of 1 in 4, meaning he missed every fourth tackle he attempted. And let's not forget that in the last two grand finals 24 points has been scored through Walker in two games we lost by a grand total of 15 points.

Walker is, has been, and will ever be the most useless pile of rotting dog spew that ever wore the Red, White and Blue.

Chook.

Fredrick

Juniors
my first post here :)

hi guys im fredrick, im 15 and love the tri colours. Walker is crap, between him and fat arse hodges they have cost us 2 grandfinals, we should be on a triple threat :cry:

05 - year of the roosters

fredrick

KFC

Juniors
I don't blame Walker I blame our appalling handling. If we couold of held the ball and completed our sets we may have had a better shot. In saying that I take nothing away from the Dogs, They won fair and square.

Latest posts