What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking off the mark penalties

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Seriously what has happened. This was the best thing about round 1 that teams couldn't get an advantage from this and not in round 5 it seems to have all but disappeared.

I watched the Bulldogs/Dragons game and Andrew Ryan deserved to be penalised but the Dragons did it so often without penalty, such inconsistency.

I just hope they get back to what they were doing round 1 and this pushing forward or moving to the side to play the ball is stamped out.

Lambretta

First Grade
Andrew Ryan wasn't walking, he was crawling.

Maybe they've changed the ruling to only include people on hands and knees who take 7 or 8 mini waddles

Billythekid

First Grade
The crackdown is already over and players are slowly starting to take advantage of it.

Not surprising really.

Packy

Bench
They do this every year with the new rule. Police hard for 3 rounds and then forget about it.

Why the f**k wasn't Lance Ohio penalised on saturday night for walking a couple of metres forward off the mark??? The crackdown ended when Roy Asotasi was penalised in round 1.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Yep was pretty frustrating but getting used to refs bending us over lately.

Dragons played well but they were offside so many times it wasn't funny. I don't remember us getting a single penalty in the first half?

I would have to watch the replay but from where I was sitting Fein knocked in the lead up to the first Dragons try. I will stand corrected if it wasn't.

Anyway, the better team won but getting sick of inconsistency from these damn refs!

Meth

Staff member
The refs attention has shifted to teaching professional league players about how to pack a scrum

Danish

Referee
Refs were never going to stick with the crackdown and it was always just going to end with yet more inconsistency.

they are still a little bit inconsistant, but its a good rule, as well as making them pack the scrum properly, allows for more attacking plays and gives the feeding team the advantage they deserve.

Slackboy72

Coach
Wow. Dogs supporters complaining about refereeing. You'd think that they'd never won anything through favourable refereeing.

taxidriver

Coach
Dragons played well but they were offside so many times it wasn't funny. I don't remember us getting a single penalty in the first half?

man that scg has some strange angles, from where i was sitting the dogs were barely onside all game yet from your seat it looked different huh?

penalties ended 4 all, its not like we got a massive glut of them.

Danish

Referee
man that scg has some strange angles, from where i was sitting the dogs were barely onside all game yet from your seat it looked different huh?

penalties ended 4 all, its not like we got a massive glut of them.

3-0 to saints in the 1st half, 4-1 dogs in the 2nd.

In the end the game wad decided by that intercept. Dogs score there and they win it IMO. Refereeing had very little to do with it

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Wow. Dogs supporters complaining about refereeing. You'd think that they'd never won anything through favourable refereeing.

You'd know about that...

bulldogsvid.jpg

I'm not saying refereeing cost us the match. The better side won. But I want consistency and none of this "evening up the penalty count" BS!

Wato

Juniors
This is my pet hate and I loved the fact the refs were cracking down on it. It appears as usual thou it will be short lived.