What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallabies v All Blacks - Sydney

Sportsgirl

Juniors
All Blacks coach Graham Henry and his assistant coaches Wayne Smith and Steve Hansen have announced the team to play Australia in Sydney on Saturday July 26 at ANZ Stadium:

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Greg Somerville
4. Brad Thorn
5. Ali Willliams
6. Rodney So’oialo
7. Daniel Braid/Richie McCaw
8. Jerome Kaino
9. Andy Ellis
10. Dan Carter
11. Sitiveni Sivivatu
12. Ma’a Nonu
13. Richard Kahui
14. Anthony Tuitavake
15. Mils Muliaina

Reserves:

16. Keven Mealamu
17. John Afoa
18. Anthony Boric
19. Sione Lauaki
20. Jimmy Cowan
21. Stephen Donald
22. Conrad Smith

There are five changes to the starting team that played South Africa in Dunedin. Lock Brad Thorn returns from suspension, prop Greg Somerville takes over at tighthead from John Afoa and either Daniel Braid or Richie McCaw will start at flanker. A decision on McCaw’s availability will be made later in the week.

In the backs, centre Richard Kahui and wing Anthony Tuitavake have earned starts: “All of the players involved have performed well when given a chance, and we think this combination gives us the best chance to win this week,” said All Blacks coach Graham Henry.

The All Blacks will take only 24 players to Australia with a flanker (either Daniel Braid or Adam Thomson) and wing Rudi Wulf to travel with the 22-man match squad.

First five-eighth Dan Carter is set to play his 50th Test in Sydney.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
screw the South Africans, the is where its at

if I was a betting man I'd back the Wobblies in Oz and the ABz in NZ.

should be a lot closer than previous years

ozbash

Referee
that front row is positivly ferocious.

kahui/tuitavake should create some mayhem.

feeling a bit better about our chances..

That front row is looking good...if we dominate there then the rest will follow.

Get rid of Ellis...Kahui will add size to the centres and with Mortlock out we will target Cross big time.

This will be a close one...AB 's by 7.

clipser

Juniors
mortlock out and cross too start instead..
dunno about this one.. boks fcked up badly last week and blew lots of chances.. nz wont do that.

i really think this is the benchmark, nz too win though.

btw... goodluck aussies in SA. SA is a force at home.

Alehana

Juniors
Listen to the Wallabies and they gurgle that Robbie Deans has not been spilling the beans on his old Crusaders players ahead of Saturday night's Bledisloe Cup test.

While Deans knows exactly what makes the likes of Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, Greg Somerville, Ali Williams, Brad Thorn and Andy Ellis tick, Rocky Elsom denied the new Wallabies coach has been giving his new charges the inside oil on their weak points ahead of Saturday night's test.
"To be honest, he doesn't go into that too much. Probably less than we have had with the past two coaches in going into the opposition's game," Wallabies blindside flanker Elsom said.
"We are just trying to focus on what we are doing and get our confidence through that. It is probably a trait he does have, not concentrating on the opposition too much."
For his part, Elsom said he has no interest in trying to knock Carter's block off in the test.
While the Springboks tried to unsettle the All Blacks first five- eighths with late and high tackles in their two recent Tri Nations matches in New Zealand, Wallabies blindside flanker Elsom believes it is a folly to chase Carter around the park in a bid to intimidate him.
"I don't know if you get too much pay out of that," Elsom said. "Unless they leave the field, they just get back up and do the same thing."
While in charge of the Crusaders, Deans wanted his teams to concede six penalties or less.
That view will not have changed since switching to the Wallabies, especially inside their own 40m where Carter can be deadly with his goal kicking.
Elsom added that the Springboks' rushing defence, which often allowed Butch James to charge up and chop down Carter's time before late tackling him, was a risky tactic.
"What you are saying about rushing out of the line, I think that is a dead-set gamble and the South Africans like to do it.
"That's not really our go, because it's not the way we defend. We don't want to give him time and space, that's a given, but as far as calling that tactics it is probably a bit too late for us to do that and I think we get a bit more pay out of doing what we are doing."
The Wallabies had a light run at Coogee Oval, the home of the Randwick club and the ground where the All Blacks played the "Galloping Greens" during their 1988 tour.
Lock Dan Vickerman, who played a club match last weekend in his comeback from a lengthy injury break, trained and will be considered for the test at ANZ Stadium.

interesting, would have thought he would spill everything he knows about these players to the wannabies.
www.rugbyheaven.co.nz

wonder who john mitchell would go for, by this article i reckon aussies, but deep down, i think he would like to see an all black victory, as he did captain their midweek team and play numerous tests for them, spent the mojority of his life their, and coach the all blacks.

http://allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=displayNews&newsArticle=8389

shiznit

Coach
mccaw out
i dont think its a big loss when you consider he was never really going to play in this game.

Braid will shock people... if he was in any other country bar NZ he would be a certain test player. hes just been unlucky that hes been behind McCaw & Holah for most of his career.

he will more than hold is own against George Smith... then you factor in he will want to make a huge impact this being his only chance at the all blacks so i expect a massive game from him.

shiznit

Coach
Just in time for Rocky Elsom to clean him out.

This test should be a cracker.
If Rocky can outpace his opposite Rodney... whos been kicking Rockys arse ever since Rocky debuted... i cant see why it would be any different this weekend..

I'm happy with Cross in the 13.

Better defender than Mortlock and with him off the field at least we will have a captain that knows what he's doing.

Tahu on the bench for his debut.

Should be a cracker.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is a better team without Mortlock. Stirling has done well over the years but he is on borrowed time now, time to move on, Cross is quicker and is more damaging with the ball and can ball play.