What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wallace

Munky

Coach
All I can say is massive respect. I thought he was done playing in the halves but at hooker he has given his all.

I salute you sir!

Pretty happy my avatar is unchanged since 07.

Edit: I'm five beers down as my nerves can't handle watching Penrith playing well.

forby

Juniors
Maybe he should have been a hooker years ago! Who knows how good he could have been!

tripster

Juniors
He has been playing very well at hooker. No one has a perfect game every week, but he is playing better than the 9s at many other clubs. Apparently he has also resigned with us for next season.

TheFrog

Coach
He reminds me of Des Hasler in the latter years of his career when he successfully switched to hooker. Both defensive workhorses and fitness fanatics.

murraymob

Coach
there is no doubt moving him to hooker was a master stroke by griff. He has been one of our best players the last few weeks

tripster

Juniors
Just want to give Wallace another wrap. He played really well today and gave it 100%. He has well and truly silenced the haters this season (although I think the commentators were going to far to suggest he might play Origin again next year).

maple_69

Bench
I didn't hear that but i was thinking it mid game. He isn't going to win you the game but he certainly wouldn't let anyone down. His only competition is Peats really.

Doomednow

Bench
I didn't hear that but i was thinking it mid game. He isn't going to win you the game but he certainly wouldn't let anyone down. His only competition is Peats really.

And it should be Peats. He's got more seasons left in him than Wallace and a higher ceiling.

Commentators were ridiculous today with a number of things.

Fibroman

First Grade
Peachy is the long term answer and can shift out and cover any position from backrow to wing if we get hit by injuries.

Randy81

Juniors
Very hard to get a positive comment from them when we scored or did something good. They noticed every decision that went against the Knights though.
I was fuming at the jimmy smith comment that "it is easy to penalise newcastle"......hello? the penalty count was 8-2 in their favour up until late in the 1st half! Then 8-4 at ht

Randy81

Juniors
Just want to give Wallace another wrap. He played really well today and gave it 100%. He has well and truly silenced the haters this season (although I think the commentators were going to far to suggest he might play Origin again next year).
I heard it and thought it was a weird comment. If i recall correctly they were saying "future origin hooker after farah"....going great but not exactly a spring chicken

mxlegend99

Referee
I was fuming at the jimmy smith comment that "it is easy to penalise newcastle"......hello? the penalty count was 8-2 in their favour up until late in the 1st half! Then 8-4 at ht
Yep and it was a blatant penalty. Mullen kicked the ball well after the siren sounded.

We had a lot of stuff go unpenalised. That strip on Merrin on tackle zero was an obvious strip somehow missed by all officials and it could have cost us big time. Worse than not calling a minor obstruction which gained no advantage and a wrong forward pass call on the last tackle.

Latest posts