What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally Lewis

Usain Bolt

Bench
He is competing with Dale Husband and Daryl Halligan (Warriors commentators) as the most biased commentators going around after tonights performance. It sounded like he was the Broncos coach most of the time and Hadley wasnt much better:roll:

Funny thing is I remember last year when Lockyer was playing most of Wallys commentaries were anti-Broncos. Maybe it was just a hang up that Lockyer had overtaken him as the "Qld icon"

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
Usually he is anti-broncos slightly, I guess he just doesn't like the Warriors.

Big Pete

Referee
Noticed it tonight too, as Deej said, he's usually very anti-Broncos. Will talk down all our tries, every try we score is dodgy and he'll go up when the opposition score.

Kiwis just draw the worst out of him.

Like I said, good to see the Kiwis taste their own medicine for once.

Usain Bolt

Bench
They should of put him and the Kiwi commentators in the same booth to commentate together for ultimate LOLz

Packy

Bench
Wally always seems to wrap the Wars players. He's got his favourites there that's for sure.

I always thought his Bronco critique was just him trying to avoid being seen as a fanboi.

beads6

First Grade
Wally is a horrible commentator. I don't like any commentators. Locky isn't a good commentator either. Wally hates the Broncos at least that is what he makes me believe with the way he commentates for them. Especially against the Titans or Cowboys.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Official list of commentators too r****t to call Warriors games

Hadley
Braybrook
Belcher
Pearce

Feel free to add to the list!

Last edited:

Brando

Juniors
Bring back Costigan!

"In the 2nd Stanza just after oranges it's stacks on the mill Mr Speaker get out of my way"

Meth

Staff member
I don't listen to Husband and Halligan these days. But I remember last year, with McIvor and Halligan- neither of them were even Warriors fans- they're Bulldogs fans. I don't think they were biased, as much as generally horrible and inept.

The most biased commentary team is Foxs sport- never heard a more biased call than Braybrook and Belcher when Canberra played the Warriors last year.

Meth

Staff member
Wally is just plain inept- a terrible commentator. He's like your uncle with dimensia.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Another thing niggling me- has anyone else noticed that Lockyer seems to be wearing platform shoes or lifts?

He's gone from being 5'10" at best in his playing days to a solid 6 foot in his commentary role. He's suddenly as tall as Cam Smith and towering over Joey and Wally.

gypsy

Bench
Wally making that ohhhhhhhh! sound every time there's a break needs to stop too.

He was the most overrated player in the history of the game. He was slow, had an average kicking and passing game, and was overweight.
He should hang up the microphone, and just feel lucky that a bunch of rednecks have built him a statue and are clueless enough to like the bloke.

Iafeta

Referee
Roy Hardley was far worse than Wally Lewis last night. He officially joined the Wayne Pearce list of bogans that I never want to hear commentate a Warriors game ever again. Horrible.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Whenever anyone lost the ball in the tackle trying to offload Hadley would say "he's done a Feleti Mateo" lol