What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wally Lewis

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Wally making that ohhhhhhhh! sound every time there's a break needs to stop too.

He was the most overrated player in the history of the game. He was slow, had an average kicking and passing game, and was overweight.
He should hang up the microphone, and just feel lucky that a bunch of rednecks have built him a statue and are clueless enough to like the bloke.

Whatever he is or was he was certainly not an overated player.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Unfortunately wally is there to make the the bogan idiot Qlders happy. He is by far the worst commentator on any league media coverage. Great player and he seems like a good bloke. But he has no idea and has says the exact same thing every game.

Loudstrat

Coach
I actually dont mind wally commentating. Sure, you wont get intellectual insights like Sterlo, but I generally find him the most balanced of all Queenslanders. He is a trillion times better than Ikin ever was.

Heather sh*ts me to tears. He only ever sees one team out there. That said, I didnt see last nights game after the first 10 minutes. Hadley's dentist-drill voice and yet another f*cking Broncos game drove me to a discovery channel show on Alaskan shipping.

butchmcdick

Post Whore
I actually dont mind wally commentating. Sure, you wont get intellectual insights like Sterlo, but I generally find him the most balanced of all Queenslanders. He is a trillion times better than Ikin ever was.

Heather sh*ts me to tears. He only ever sees one team out there. That said, I didnt see last nights game after the first 10 minutes. Hadley's dentist-drill voice and yet another f*cking Broncos game drove me to a discovery channel show on Alaskan shipping.

Moonshiners not on Loudy ?

Bretto

Bench

Hadley is cringe worthy, no doubt. But, it's a pity you switched it off because you missed one of the best games of the season thus far.

Pigskin

Juniors
who cares how he commentates

Greatest player to lace on a boot ... and if we look at the number of MOTM awards he recieved in SOO vs the next guy, this is an accurate representation of the gulf between The King and the rest.

Oink !

Brando

Juniors
Unfortunately wally is there to make the the bogan idiot Qlders happy. He is by far the worst commentator on any league media coverage. Great player and he seems like a good bloke. But he has no idea and has says the exact same thing every game.

I have met him at a wedding and he is far from being a nice bloke!

Bretto

Bench
I have met him at a wedding and he is far from being a nice bloke!

I did Security for him a few years back for a book signing. He was a top bloke to me. Talked footy with me for a while, even though he had to leave to go to another book signing. We talked about Lockyer retiring at the time.

Titanic

First Grade
Gee bros, what happened, choked on a tunny? You blokes should have streeted the Bronx last night, don't blame Lewis blame your ball handling. If you'd played half as well as you did against our reserve grade the week before you would have won by 20. Lewis is not a caller, he's a commentator and like him or lump him he's achieved more in his life and battles on and off the field than all of us on this forum combined.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'll tell you who did have a great game last night: Mateoorisitmatolino. He was in everything. The giant wing three quarters from the warriors played well too although I did think that the big New Zealand forwards started to tire around the three minute mark.

And apparently every single body part of the refs and touch judges was painted on. And Copely is still a chance of coming back in the second half.

Rod

Bench
That trio that was on last night provided some of the worst commentary I've ever heard.

Wally going 'HOOOOO!!!!' every time something mildly exciting happens is driving me up the wall.

Pig Mouth

Juniors
He is competing with Dale Husband and Daryl Halligan (Warriors commentators) as the most biased commentators going around after tonights performance. It sounded like he was the Broncos coach most of the time and Hadley wasnt much better:roll:

Funny thing is I remember last year when Lockyer was playing most of Wallys commentaries were anti-Broncos. Maybe it was just a hang up that Lockyer had overtaken him as the "Qld icon"

You got that one right.

Pig Mouth

Juniors
Wally is a horrible commentator. I don't like any commentators. Locky isn't a good commentator either. Wally hates the Broncos at least that is what he makes me believe with the way he commentates for them. Especially against the Titans or Cowboys.

I think Locky is not too bad for someone just getting into the commentating game. He knows how to be political and knows how to prompt younger players during interviews to say the right things, especially after a loss so they don't look like sore losers.

Big Pete

Referee
Don't get me wrong though, I really don't rate the commentary line up of Hadley, Vautin & Lewis but to suggest they're always biased towards the Broncos is clear ignorance. Watch most matches where Brisbane have had the second tier commentary team and you'll realise more often than not they'll be critical of the Broncos and generally sympathise with the opposition.

Last night was weird though, particularly when Wally was willing the ball over the dead ball line. Felt like I had woken up in bizarro land.

I've said this before, they only cross to Lockyer when he they have a question about the Broncos. It's not like he has an opportunity to talk about the opposition.

He's still very green in the role, but so was Joey for years and years and he's finally starting to loosen up and add some decent insight.

There's no hope for Freddy though. Want to talk about appealing to bogan Australians, no bigger poster child than the space cadet.

Had to :lol: at his gaff about Copley. 9 stitched him up and he took the piss out of himself pretty well.