What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmsley

denis preston

First Grade
I definitely agree! And to be honest, I would look internally for our speed. We have some really promising young talent with plenty of speed to burn. The likes of Lomax, Marsters, Sailor, Field all need to push themselves to the limit in preseason. If that doesn’t work we go for a Winger mid season or wait for someone like Cotric who is available in 2019. Unfortunately there is really not many wingers plenty of speed on the market right now, at best we snag a player who isnt wanted by their club due to salary cap issues.
Masters is not and doesn't look like he will ever be quick. Sailor and perhaps Lomax are not ready yet and the only hope for Field ( like Dufty ) is that he puts on 5kg of mussel in the offseason.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Masters is not and doesn't look like he will ever be quick. Sailor and perhaps Lomax are not ready yet and the only hope for Field ( like Dufty ) is that he puts on 5kg of mussel in the offseason.
What's happened to GARRICK he was looking very good when I was getting videos but not received any for a while he's also a decent size from the look of him..

dragonssamy61

First Grade
A gentleman on our Dragons Facebook fan page is claiming that Walmsley has signed with us.
You guys know me to be sceptical about this sort of shit, but he's saying that he got the information directly from Mark Coyne. Seems confident too.

I'll keep you updated on the trajectory of this, but if he's right... Good pick up.

Tom
Your mate could be on the money

Frank Facer

First Grade
If it is true that we have signed Walmsley, he looks to be a good signing from the reports on him. It also looks like Milward is doing a great job as recruitment officer.

I will be fine if we can offload Thompson to cover Walmsley's contract.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Signed him for 2018 or 2019? He's here for the WC until December, you'd think surely it'd be hard to have him ready for our preseason coming all the way from England? Not to mention he's under contract

Would love him for the coming season however

Overseas dragon

Juniors
I've had a look at a few super league games WALMSLEY comes off the bench.BOY does he make an IMPACT.i hope these rumours are correct ,a very sizeable lad and a welcome addition . SURELY we have a pack and a half . terrifying thought for the opposition.GO THE BIG RED. V.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Not totally sure how it would work but he is still signed to his current club and they will want something in return you would think.
Would hope so. A transfer fee tends to be a simple payment to the club outside of the salary cap, similar to Segyaro moving to Sharks from England earlier this year.

Question is whether we have the raw cash to pay the fee

Its also about spots within the 30.

If Thompson goes that certainly leaves a spot open for another forward and i think another outside back is on his way who it is I am not sure.

I have noticed clubs signing ISP players or fringe players ie Souths with Gagan and Stockwell for cover.