What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmsley

Old Timer

Coach
Back to Walmsley
Yet to pull on a boot at international level against a really decent team.
Yet to play a single game in the NRL.
The ESL is anything but a strong comp to judge on.
FFS he was kept out of the Pommie team by the useless Burgess twins.
People creaming their duds and wanting to sign him up.
Let's have a look and see how he goes against the Kangaroos and see how he holds up.

Crush

Coach
Has he actually been linked to Dragons or is this a mickeylane special?
No offense Mickey, love your work...

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Has he actually been linked to Dragons or is this a mickeylane special?
No offense Mickey, love your work...

Crush
We were interested but if he comes this year we would have to pay transfer fee.
So now with tommo staying I don't think it will happen this year.
Mybe next year and thats a big mybe at that.
As we have more cap space to play with.
As of next year all nrl teams must use 95% of there salary cap.
So no one can sit on it.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I'd be looking at Mcgilveary? (the winger who wants to play NRL) before Walmsly
In 2019 we won't need a winger. Nightingale will retire, Macdonald's contract ends, Mann would have proved himself again on the left wing, Lomax will be at right centre and one of our big speedy young guns will be on the right wing.

This year we could do with an extra quality prop. I have no idea why Millward bought Allgood and Latimore as they are marginal first graders and we have both Lawrie and Kerr to fill that role. We should have maybe traded Thompson for Walmsley instead and not bothered with Allgood or Latimore. Thompson might have enjoyed a year in the ESL!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
What is this fascination with Walmsley?
Yeah he's a big boy, yeah he's in the Engkand squad but realkycwhat has he done to warrant such a wank fest over?
Shades of Masoe or even "the Butcher".
Unproven at NRL level and could he handle the leap from bench ESL to the rigours of NRL and add to that the requested transfer fee and for mine you are taking too much of a risk both from a financial point and a waste of player (top 30) point.
Both Latimore and Allgood know they will play mostly NSW Cup and on 1yr deals. Signing Walmsley to more than a 1yr deal would be a recipe for a disaster. And he wouldn't come for a 1yr deal would he?
Our youngsters need a pathway and Walmsley maybe just another Mose blocking their way if proven to be a dud.

BBTB

Juniors
In 2019 we won't need a winger. Nightingale will retire, Macdonald's contract ends, Mann would have proved himself again on the left wing, Lomax will be at right centre and one of our big speedy young guns will be on the right wing.

This year we could do with an extra quality prop. I have no idea why Millward bought Allgood and Latimore as they are marginal first graders and we have both Lawrie and Kerr to fill that role. We should have maybe traded Thompson for Walmsley instead and not bothered with Allgood or Latimore. Thompson might have enjoyed a year in the ESL!
But that's 2019. What so we wait for a winger to retire so we can make run at the trophy. What's wrong with these people running our club. Show Nightingale the door and moveon to somebody that can run with SPEED..

LINESPEED

Juniors
Back to Walmsley
Yet to pull on a boot at international level against a really decent team.
Yet to play a single game in the NRL.
The ESL is anything but a strong comp to judge on.
FFS he was kept out of the Pommie team by the useless Burgess twins.
People creaming their duds and wanting to sign him up.
Let's have a look and see how he goes against the Kangaroos and see how he holds up.

There' no saviour out there with guys like Walmsley -
especially with our current outside backline in tact -
and a low IQ coach!!
More of the same next year,
minus Duges' passion

Drag Queen

Bench
What is this fascination with Walmsley?
Yeah he's a big boy, yeah he's in the Engkand squad but realkycwhat has he done to warrant such a wank fest over?
Shades of Masoe or even "the Butcher".
Unproven at NRL level and could he handle the leap from bench ESL to the rigours of NRL and add to that the requested transfer fee and for mine you are taking too much of a risk both from a financial point and a waste of player (top 30) point.
Both Latimore and Allgood know they will play mostly NSW Cup and on 1yr deals. Signing Walmsley to more than a 1yr deal would be a recipe for a disaster. And he wouldn't come for a 1yr deal would he?
Our youngsters need a pathway and Walmsley maybe just another Mose blocking their way if proven to be a dud.
Totally disagree. I've watched plenty of his games for St Helens. He is huge and fast. Only reason he wasn't picked earlier for England were due to injuries and a viral infection. He would be a fantastic acquisition but he'll stay put for the moment IMO

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Tommo and his family would not want to go os at this stage.
They like it here.

Redhoopz

Juniors
But that's 2019. What so we wait for a winger to retire so we can make run at the trophy. What's wrong with these people running our club. Show Nightingale the door and moveon to somebody that can run with SPEED..

The only trophies we have a genuine chance of winning next season is the Monty Porter cup, Anzac Cup and the Emergency Services cup...

To be fair, as much as id like to see a youngster take Nighties place next season, he deserves to have one last season.

I never heard of Walmsley before the World Cup, but apparently he's the best thing going around. I'm not saying I don't rate him, haven't seen much of him. It's one thing to be good in the English league, but it's another thing to do it week in, week out in the NRL. If the Dragons sign him for 2019, cool. I wouldn't be paying any transfer fee's to get him for 2018

denis preston

First Grade

Mary has indicated that latimore & Allgood were to be good backups during rep rounds and also to mentor the younger players.They will spend most time in reggies and understand their role.Sounds good to me but saying it and doing it could be different thing all together.

Old Timer

Coach
The only trophies we have a genuine chance of winning next season is the Monty Porter cup, Anzac Cup and the Emergency Services cup...

To be fair, as much as id like to see a youngster take Nighties place next season, he deserves to have one last season.

I never heard of Walmsley before the World Cup, but apparently he's the best thing going around. I'm not saying I don't rate him, haven't seen much of him. It's one thing to be good in the English league, but it's another thing to do it week in, week out in the NRL. If the Dragons sign him for 2019, cool. I wouldn't be paying any transfer fee's to get him for 2018
Charity Shield???????

Latest posts