What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmsley

True_Believer

Juniors
TB with Nene it is accelaration. He has a big body and the motor takes time to get into gear. Over 10 meters sorry but over 80 great.I'd rather have the acceleration to beat his man in the first place.

he's big enough to have the strength to beat his man first. Forwards don't have the speed to beat their man yet can power through the line and make a break to pass to support. Nene's the same - he should be able to power through the line but then have enough speed to pull away from the defenders.

Life's Good

Coach
he's big enough to have the strength to beat his man first. Forwards don't have the speed to beat their man yet can power through the line and make a break to pass to support. Nene's the same - he should be able to power through the line but then have enough speed to pull away from the defenders.
Good assessment. Can you send this to the club to help in the preseason preparation for Nene?

Gareth67

First Grade
Possm
The fat lady sung long ago.
Walmsley will not be coming this year mybe next but even that is a small mybe.
Tommo not going anywhere.
He signed for one more year so if it going to happen it will be next year not this year.

Agree Sammy , besides the team needs his damaging runs up the middle of the field .
I must say that I find it odd that he has only been signed for another year and not two or three . Should they decide to replace him after seasons end , I hope that they have somebody decent to take his place , as he has given the club good service .

Old Timer

Coach
Agree Sammy , besides the team needs his damaging runs up the middle of the field .
I must say that I find it odd that he has only been signed for another year and not two or three . Should they decide to replace him after seasons end , I hope that they have somebody decent to take his place , as he has given the club good service .
Surely that is why we signed Host until 2020
He is the natural replacement for JT but will Mc Fookknuckle use him sensibly in 2018 or will he further genius his progress and then we buy a hack from another club?

Gareth67

First Grade
Surely that is why we signed Host until 2020
He is the natural replacement for JT but will Mc Fookknuckle use him sensibly in 2018 or will he further genius his progress and then we buy a hack from another club?

Hopefully Jacob Host shall become part of the starting 17 this year , but as you have said will Mary actually use him on a more regular basis ?
In saying that , Thompson has the toughness that our pack requires , whereas Host is a workhorse who will certainly get better with a few more top grade matches under his belt .
The good point is that with these up and coming players such as Host and the old heads such as Graham , Thompson , Simms and Frizzell , season 2018 is looking good .

Last edited:

True_Believer

Juniors
Hopefully Jacob Host shall become part of the starting 17 this year , but as you have said will Mary actually use him on a more regular basis ?
In saying that , Thompson has the toughness that our pack requires , whereas Host is a workhorse who will certainly get better with a few more top grade matches under his belt .
The good point is that with these up and coming players such as Host and the old heads such as Graham , Thompson , Simms and Frizzell , season 2018 is looking good .

I'd say this will be part of the way forward. Sims MAY take Thommos spot with Host on the bench. Alternatively we'll have Host in the starting lineup and Sims or Leilua on the bench.

I'm sure we'll get a good picture of what the plan is this year. I would hope that, because Thommo isn't part of the plan for 19 onwards, we'll start moving the replacement into the position this year and alternatives getting a look in on the bench.

hewi

Bench
I had hoped it would happen this year but the idiot didn’t do it. You can’t keep beating up the forwards every week, Frizzel been the prime example. They get a niggle give them a week off, get them thru the season so they can play properly at the business end not busted as poor Frizzel was. We have the depth just need the management.

mickeylane

Bench

Gareth67

First Grade
Dragons apparently not in the running for Walmsley and probably never were !!
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/...rl-clubs-chasing-england-giant-alex-walmsley/

Agree Mickeylane , should he decide to travel down South of the equator , then i am sure that it will be to a club that can pay him a large sum of money .
Unfortunately that leaves the Dragons out , unless we can finally get our act together both on and more so off the field . Of course there is always a chance that the club could find a rich benefactor to help out financially .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agree Mickeylane , should he decide to travel down South of the equator , then i am sure that it will be to a club that can pay him a large sum of money .
Unfortunately that leaves the Dragons out , unless we can finally get our act together both on and more so off the field . Of course there is always a chance that the club could find a rich benefactor to help out financially .

Spot on gareth
He is a mate on Grahams that what started the rumour

Latest posts