What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanderers are Asian Champions

DC_fan

Coach
After a nil all draw this morning the West Sydney Wanderers are now the Asian Champions.

Congratulations.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Awesome effort. And if we had relegation the champions of Asia would be in our 2nd division next season.

Jimbo

Immortal
Nice work WSW. They were certainly up against it

Shades of Munich 2012

Wizardman

First Grade
While WSW were pretty darn lucky to get away with that, Im happy that they took it out. The behaviour from Al-Hilal and their supporters was deplorable.

thorson1987

Coach
While WSW were pretty darn lucky to get away with that, Im happy that they took it out. The behaviour from Al-Hilal and their supporters was deplorable.

Could understand them being a bit frustrated though.

3 clear cut penalties not given.

But still no excuse for what happened after fulltime.

I wonder if the ref will make it out of Saudi Arabia alive.

Also interesting to see if FIFA have the balls to act on any of it. Because you know the AFC won't do shit about it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Even most Saudis hate Al-Hilal.

At passport control the sight of one of the few Australians coming to town for the ACL final prompts the reflexive inquiry whether you ??are here for the game??.

This in turn prompts a colourful debate between the Al Hilal supporting customs official holding your passport and a colleague who supports a rival club. ??Go Sydney!?? shouts the colleague, confirming the belief that Al-Hilal are the Manly/Collingwood/Sydney FC/ Waratahs of Saudi club football ? the team everyone else loves to hate.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-do-for-tourists/story-fnk6rpyc-1227108780226

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'm a one-eyed Wanderers supporter and proudly cheered the boys on last week at Pirtek where although we were arguably outplayed over the course of the 90 still won the game fair and square.

However as brave as a performance as it was last night, I'm surprised the Al-hilal supporters didn't tear the stadium down. There were 3 penalties as clear as day for the home side and for the Ref to at least not pick up 2 of them seemed very very questionable.

Obviously overjoyed to get the win it's a massive day for Australian football, I can't help but feel a little hollow though.

Danish

Referee

I can't imagine the behaviour of wanderers fans would have been any different if they'd been utterly ripped off like what happened on sunday morning.

Mong

Post Whore
Why can't we all just enjoy seeing an Aussie team take out that title?

A massive congratulations to them is all that needs to be said really.

RoosTah

Juniors
I can't imagine the behaviour of wanderers fans would have been any different if they'd been utterly ripped off like what happened on sunday morning.

Yeah, but the Wanderers - whatever else their thuggish crimes - still don't hail from a country ruled by people that think it's the f**king 11th century and treat literally half their population like glorified baby-incubators and private f**k toys with no rights.

f**king scum-sucking nation and we ought to have boycotted playing the backward scum.

Danish

Referee
Why can't we all just enjoy seeing an Aussie team take out that title?

A massive congratulations to them is all that needs to be said really.

Unless you are a Wanderers fan what enjoyment does them winning bring? I don't automatically go for the NRL side when the WCC rolls round for example.

The fact the game was decided off of that refereeing performance makes it a terrible result. The keeper should have been red carded by the end of the game, not being awarded the man of the match.

Danish

Referee
Yeah, but the Wanderers - whatever else their thuggish crimes - still don't hail from a country ruled by people that think it's the f**king 11th century and treat literally half their population like glorified baby-incubators and private f**k toys with no rights.

f**king scum-sucking nation and we ought to have boycotted playing the backward scum.

It's a f**ked country to be sure. I'd be happy for FIFA to eliminate most of the nations around that area from competition like many did with South Africa back in the day. Never will though as that area of the world has been lining the sports pockets for a while now.

That doesn't change how bad the ref's performance was though

RoosTah

Juniors
It's a f**ked country to be sure. I'd be happy for FIFA to eliminate most of the nations around that area from competition like many did with South Africa back in the day. Never will though as that area of the world has been lining the sports pockets for a while now.

That doesn't change how bad the ref's performance was though

Sure it doesn't and to be honest I don't really care for soccer, but I can't stand that f**king country and I reckon this is about as just result you could get. Those f**king arrogant despot c##ts don't deserve to get any joy out of this, and the fact that the ref pretty well robbed them of it would just make them more sour and unhappy, and I reckon that's a f**king brilliant result.

Unless you are a Wanderers fan what enjoyment does them winning bring? I don't automatically go for the NRL side when the WCC rolls round for example.

The fact the game was decided off of that refereeing performance makes it a terrible result. The keeper should have been red carded by the end of the game, not being awarded the man of the match.

what about Al Hilal being awarded the AFC fair play trophy

Mong

Post Whore

I enjoy seeing aussie teams doing well Danish. They were representing the nation as well in my opinion. I will support any a league team in such a situation..

Danish

Referee
I enjoy seeing aussie teams doing well Danish. They were representing the nation as well in my opinion. I will support any a league team in such a situation..

Well my thy I am a big A league fan, but I would consider myself a Sydney FC fan. As such I'd never cheer for the Wanderers in anything. But like cheering for Souths in league or Liverpool in EPL for me

As much as I love Brisbane Roar and dislike our rivals, Australian Football means more to me and WSW winning the ACL is massive for Australian Football. Who would have thought something like this was possible back when South Melbourne were playing the best that Tahiti had to offer for the right to play in the World Club Cup? Great stuff WSW!

Latest posts