What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WAR!!!

It hasn't started - but it will soon.

I'll put myself out on a limb for a few to take shots at and say that I'm in favour of going in hard, taking the country in 72 hours like they are apparently planning to do.

Long drawn out conflict would be the worst possible outcome for everyone.

The old German theory of blitzcrieg (sp) or lightning war is the only way to go.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I heard it was to start on the 17th March, St Patricks Day I believe.

I was in a chatroom trying to convert some american union supporters to league when one of them said that april 1st was the starting date. I still don't know if it was an early aprils fools joke or not.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yeah... it'll all be over by Christmas.
emdgust.gif

When the yanks invade and Oz follows, what odds that a snap election is called in Australia? Furthermore, what odds that we'll have war taxes masquerading as cuts in socials services and increased in the GST? Assuming people are dumb enough to vote the same mob back in.
Who is going to pay for this unwanted war? The taxpayer ofcourse. And who will share in the spoils of war? Well, it wont be you or I.
<hr>
Last night's news says that Russia and France will block the US resolution so the UN security council are unlikely to support an invasion of Iraq.
That beng the case, the USA will have to go against the UN and declare war without wholesale international support.
Apparently the USA are working overtime behind the scenes to get France and Russia to change their minds.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Its about 95c per litre in SE Qld (near NSW) but we dont have a state tax on petrol.

Its over $1 down the road in NSW.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
John Howard's senior advisor, Andrew Wilkie has quit today in protest over Australia's insistence to go to war.
Wilkie is one of Howard's top advisors and long time conservative thinker.

During an interview he said,
'Australia's policy is dumb and not worth the risk'
'Going to war against Iraq will most likely force Saddam to do the things we are trying to avoid'

Mr Wilkie commented on the futility of going to war with Iraq and when asked why he decided to resign he said, "...its the right thing to do."

imported_midas

Juniors
In the Jewel Of The Pacific,it,s 95.9 up to about midday Tuesday when it jumps to 107.9 and stays there till the weekend.
Fortunately there,s no collusion between the oil companies.
emsad.gif

Paid 94c last week at Liverpool, but ended up forking out $1.08 at one of the servos near the airport yesterday!

I find the independent ones in the Bankstown area are quite cheap, but i think the word dodgy applies to some of them. I think the petrol is quite diluted :eek:, doesn't do a lot for the car

Cheers,
Moffo

imported_midas

Juniors
moffo
steer well clear of those cheap independents around Bankstown.Filled up at one last year run by Ahab the Arab and the car ran like a busted arse for days.Fortunately it was only once and there was no long term damage .Mate of mine filled up fairly regularly at one at Punchbowl and his motor is stuffed.Legal action is dragging on(Doesn,t it always?).
I haven,t dealt with an independent since.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
News is that the US House of Representatives have staged a protest in their cafetaria.

Disgruntled at France's opposition to war, government staff members have changed the name of French Fries to 'Freedom Fries' and French Toast to 'Freedom Toast'.

...have you ever heard of anything more stupid?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I do remember protesting about the Frogs letting off N-bombs in the Pacific once.
Instead of eating French Fries, I would only eat chips.