What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warrior wash bro

shaggs

Coach
It’s been a while. I can’t remember who was the original wash up guy, but kudos?

Have at it you fluffy fast runner lovers.

1. Will - going good. Improving every week. Not the finished product but getting there
2. Sione - did he play? Involvement was lacking
3. Chambers - I love the passion, I love a guy with merkin in them, but does he make any other teams starting g 13?
4. Jesse - give him early ball. Run straight young man.
5. Ronald- smoked by the worst player in the comp to start but recovered well. He went ok I guess
6. Tracey - not a 6, not a 3, not a 5. Where does he play? His kicking choices are poor. Defensively he doesn’t and won’t match up to the constant traffic week in week out as a half. His passing is average. 18th man each week
7. Braudon - not his best game. His kicking style and choices leave a lot to be desired. He was tackled when he shouldn’t have been but was that because of slow play the balls and no options,? A few games in a row is what is needed. Look how much better drink water went just by playing
8. Woods - he is dreadful. No effort when the ball goes past him. Runs soft, tackle softer.
9. Brailey - can we bring him off the bench. He is burnt out. Too much tackling, too small, too slow passing off the ground
10. Toby - something is off with him. Sure he has no polish and is an enthusiasm player but he has stunk the past few weeks
11. Briton - today he went ok.
12. talakai. - better as a forward. Needs more hit ups
13. Williams- Did his job

14. Fifita - too slow, too big for today. Needs to be explosive
15. Braden- was out best forward
16. Tolman - Did his best. Too bad that’s the fastest he can move
17. Metcalfe- hope he enjoyed warming ip for 30 minutes ato play 90 seconds

Overall- no idea on the play. No direction. Missed way too many tackles. Ran bad lines and made poor decisions. Pile of shit really. Didn’t deserve to be ahead let alone a chance of winning

Bob Scott

Juniors
Our single biggest issue is our complete and utter lack of leadership , from the coach , our captain and the senior players . Guys like Rudolph are simply trying too hard to make up for it , they are showing effort and passion , with more guidance the young fella's will be sweet .

snout

First Grade
No surprise- we are making up the numbers.
But would be nice to not have to witness blokes like Woods and hannay tarnish our club.

A penalty basically in front when behind 18-16 with 5 to go and we don't take the 2 speaks volumes about our non leadership and our balls for brains.

A guy who is basically a very fast attacking ball runner sitting on the bench - that's all he is. And he sits there for 89 minutes. He got about 10 minutes last week and made 2 or 3 breaks.
Even all the more when he's a half and the 2 blokes at 6 or 7 aren't going to ice it.

Season done.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Hannay said it was his decision to not take the 2. If that’s true this is why he won’t ever be a HC.
Perhaps he’s taking the heat and it wasn’t him. Commendable but I hope who ever made that call needs a rocket.
This whole team from the coach down lacks leadership.

snout

First Grade
Pretty much unanimous on here regarding Hannay.
Anybody who hears him dissect a game - or talk pre-game - or witnesses his half-time talk - or sees the result of his halftime talk, comes to the same conclusion.

It was the same conclusion the Cowboys came to last year. He just does not have it.
The cowboys in 2020 were terrible. Would not compete. Would not play for Greenie. Bottom of the table.
Green gets punted and hannay gets the caretaker role.
In the decades long history of this comp teams always improve under the caretaker. It's a breath of fresh air but more importantly it's the players way of showing the world it was the old coach - not them.
Under hannay the cows went from getting easily beaten to get towelled up. Huge.
Went from awful to woeful.

He interviewed for the vacant job but wasted his breath.
They moved him on as quick as they could.

snout

First Grade
The 55 metre field goal attempt.
Perfect signature to that performance.

Not just because of that play - but anyone who thinks Trindall will ever make a comp winning halfback in the NRL is well.... wrong.

He has some skills.
Start him at 9.
Brailey off the bench and then Trindall to the edge.
Metcalfe to 7. At least try him.

6?....it doesn't matter. It really doesn't.
Moyza? That would be nice. What about brailey. Would be better than both those blokes today.
Talakai?..is the jumper big enough? Can he pass - he doesn't have to. Just catch and run.

Who cares. Doesn't matter really.

Poss

Juniors
Very poor today. We have lost our 3 starting halves from the start of the season and that shows. If SJ played today, we win comfortably. If Moylan plays, I think we win... just. If chad plays, we win. If he plays for the Warriors that is. Lol.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The washup should be about the amount of washed up players who should be in the kitchen washing up while they wash up the dirty laundry

shadowboxer

First Grade
Pretty sure someone mentioned mid week, if we get to the finals that Hannah should get coach of the year at the Dally Ms……
Is there an imposter award?

ghoti

Bench
Trindall was good in parts, has the right side clicking again in the absence of Johnson, but he's raw..decision making and designing a set of 6 still developing. He needs help.. Tracey can't give it. I don't know what his position is, but I can see why he was trying to sell himself as a fullback all pre-season..I think he might have to prepare for Newtown in 2022.

Brailey was great but overworked himself in defence, flies up out of the line which is admirable but he's being let down by his props.. need to learn to defend like Cam Smith, but that only comes with smart hard-working props. Dunno who that is from our current roster but Finucane is a start...BHU can maybe get there

We don't have a captain...that much is obvious from on field decisions, and even down to cooling Chambers Jets through the game. When have you ever seen him THIS off chops? Smith lways pulled his head in when it was slipping into negative territory and distracting from the plan

Of that squad, our back three keep performing even though rendered quiet yesterday.. backrowers looking solid, and some signs from the hooker and half. We won't make the finals, but need a lot more from our middles, bench, playmakers to even be building for something..

Moylan in for Tracey, one of Feefs/Tolman/Woods to be dropped..not much wiggle room elsewhere

DJDL

Bench
I hear you on Tracey. His effort is commendable, but, to me, in any decent side he's just not first guy picked in any of the positions he's been playing.

Agreed on dropping one of Feefs, Tolman or Woods when Royce is available. Sadly it'll be Feefs.
I really think you can only carry one of those guys in your squad. Having both Tolman and Woods is killing us.

R-15-3

Bench
Fifita is done BUT in his minimal amount of work he did wasn’t horrible. His first contract was solid and he stuck. His 4 hit ups averaged just under 12 meters.
He needs ti be given the opening 10 min stint IMO everyone around him will be fresh to help cover his slower movement.
We need his leadership to push our forwards to be on the front foot from kick off. no point bringing him on when we are struggling.
Season is done, I’d rather reward him for his service and not kicking up a stink this year.
If he is still with us next year like it looks like we should be giving him every minute we can.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Fifita is done BUT in his minimal amount of work he did wasn’t horrible. His first contract was solid and he stuck. His 4 hit ups averaged just under 12 meters.
He needs ti be given the opening 10 min stint IMO everyone around him will be fresh to help cover his slower movement.
We need his leadership to push our forwards to be on the front foot from kick off. no point bringing him on when we are struggling.
Season is done, I’d rather reward him for his service and not kicking up a stink this year.
If he is still with us next year like it looks like we should be giving him every minute we can.

I agree. I'd like to see him start and play 2 off the ruck with the first receiver getting a longer pass from dummy half. We don't do enough forward to forward combos like the better teams to. This might also bring Kennedy into the game more. I've been paying attention to the forwards play and the lazy snarks play quite close to the ruck which is easy to defend and cramps the space back inside for players to back up through. Get Feefs at a halfback or 5/8 to drag the defence out and make room down the guts

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
I agree. I'd like to see him start and play 2 off the ruck with the first receiver getting a longer pass from dummy half. We don't do enough forward to forward combos like the better teams to. This might also bring Kennedy into the game more. I've been paying attention to the forwards play and the lazy snarks play quite close to the ruck which is easy to defend and cramps the space back inside for players to back up through. Get Feefs at a halfback or 5/8 to drag the defence out and make from down the guts
Yea not a fan of Braily but the forwards running close to the ruck arnt giving him space to run either.

Latest posts