What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriorrs R11

Ramsey could be a great fullback!
Looked a class act in Ball footage from a few years back. Very illusive. Has bulked up since then
as Woods and Lawrie are out!
More Lawrie bashing. His stats show a different player to yours. He is our engine room's third best metre gainer behind Frank Molo and JDB, second best tackler after Jack. His lack of recent carries reflects our lack of possession but he still makes approx 10m every run. Up till now has been a bash and barge prop. I'd like to see him start off loading to create more second phase play. I like the passion for the RedV from Block.

Last edited:

slippery5

Juniors
Hook needs to live up to that moniker and hook himself as it sure looks like he is trying to force Tyrell Sloan out of the club. For mine he is the most skillful of the Three Amigos.

Someone says Bird/Gosewski backrow combo is worst in comp. Gosewski impressed me last week. Like to see him get more minutes and Bird less. JDB is far and away our best forward week in week out. His stats back up that while the departing Tariq Sims is back to his origin form now his future has been resolved.
Is it, his future has been resolved, or is it SOO selection is up for grabs???
what ever is the answer you can bet his involvement with intensity dies off after SOO.

Last edited:
what ever is the answer you can bet his involvement with intensity dies off after SOO.
Griffin forced a good player out and into the arms of the best team in the comp. The uncertainty of his future caused his form drop IMO. Pretty sure Bellamy and his recruitment team know a good player when they see one. Pity our drongo of a coach did not back him with the same gusto he backs his favorites..

justadragon

Bench
I said I would be pissed off if sloan got dropped, the only thing that is keeping me calm is that Ramsey is there and I suppose he needs his shot as well, sort of like forgot about him with all the other events that have been happening. As for people complaining about what Hook does and how he coaches and his persona, well we are getting exactly what we paid for, he is just about I would say the lowest paid coach in the NRL so what can we expect, we need to blame the board for rushing out and hiring him because mary was on his way out and the performance of dean young was crap anyway. We wanted Fitzgibbon but he didnt want to leave the roosters at that time and the sharks got him when he was ready. If we dont spend the dollars we will be in this situation for ever more. We went out and bought a used clapped out car and we are expecting it to win Bathurst, that will never happen and nor will we ever be anything decent if we continue to follow the same path we have done for the last decade plus.

Crush

Coach
Looked a class act in Ball footage from a few years back. Very illusive. Has bulked up since then

More Lawrie bashing. His stats show a different player to yours. He is our engine room's third best metre gainer behind Frank Molo and JDB, second best tackler after Jack. His lack of recent carries reflects our lack of possession but he still makes approx 10m every run. Up till now has been a bash and barge prop. I'd like to see him start off loading to create more second phase play. I like the passion for the RedV from Block.
Its his discipline that is killing us! And at crucial times in the game! Last week we were in front by 6 points with 8 mins on clock, they go through the middle, Lawrie drags a bloke down on 4th tackle, he then puts his foreman on the players throat to hold him down and slow the play down, ref blows 6 again, an rightly so! Titans then start again tackle 1 and eventually score off that set after getting a penalty.

Now if Lawrie had just got off the player they only had 1 more tackle to defend and Titans likely don’t score, doesn’t go to extra time and happy days, we win.
That doesn’t show up in his stats though does it?

Dragon David

First Grade
I said I would be pissed off if sloan got dropped, the only thing that is keeping me calm is that Ramsey is there and I suppose he needs his shot as well, sort of like forgot about him with all the other events that have been happening. As for people complaining about what Hook does and how he coaches and his persona, well we are getting exactly what we paid for, he is just about I would say the lowest paid coach in the NRL so what can we expect, we need to blame the board for rushing out and hiring him because mary was on his way out and the performance of dean young was crap anyway. We wanted Fitzgibbon but he didnt want to leave the roosters at that time and the sharks got him when he was ready. If we dont spend the dollars we will be in this situation for ever more. We went out and bought a used clapped out car and we are expecting it to win Bathurst, that will never happen and nor will we ever be anything decent if we continue to follow the same path we have done for the last decade plus.
Well said justa!

denis preston

First Grade
Sloan needs to be properly trained to perform at NRL level. I'd say he and Amone's mistakes costed us the game against the Titans.

Hunt's game management was also to blame. More attention needed to be focused on setting up field goal opportunities for Lomax.
The game should have been well & truly been iced before these mistakes were made. The Titans were gone after 10 mins in the second half but we couldn't get the job done.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
The fact that Fitzgibbon, a former club GF player, son of a former coach and lives in the Illawarra actually chose to remain in an assistant role at another club rather than take the role of head coach of the Dragons just says so much. And then to take the job at our main rival just 12 months later! Does he have a bad history with the Dragons or are we just that bad an option to anyone on the way up?

justadragon

Bench
The fact that Fitzgibbon, a former club GF player, son of a former coach and lives in the Illawarra actually chose to remain in an assistant role at another club rather than take the role of head coach of the Dragons just says so much. And then to take the job at our main rival just 12 months later! Does he have a bad history with the Dragons or are we just that bad an option to anyone on the way up?
I think there was a bit more to it than meets the eye, there were a few connections at the sharks that may have influenced things, but still I agree we are a bad option to AC's who want to further their career in a professional environment. Have a look at us now, we are round 11, we havent got what even resembles a settled spine, we have players all over the shop between ressies and NRL, we have just about the worst attack in the comp and our defence is a shocker as well, plus you would have to deal with our illustrious management. If you were a young up and comer would you make the Dragons as your preferred goto club. The only thing we have is $ and we need to cough up a lot to get this place sorted.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think there was a bit more to it than meets the eye, there were a few connections at the sharks that may have influenced things, but still I agree we are a bad option to AC's who want to further their career in a professional environment. Have a look at us now, we are round 11, we havent got what even resembles a settled spine, we have players all over the shop between ressies and NRL, we have just about the worst attack in the comp and our defence is a shocker as well, plus you would have to deal with our illustrious management. If you were a young up and comer would you make the Dragons as your preferred goto club. The only thing we have is $ and we need to cough up a lot to get this place sorted.
Justa, we have been unsettled for a decade, not only in the spine but all over the squad of players and each year after Bennett left us there has been a lot of chopping and changing except for a couple of love childs of former and current coaches.

Fitzy and Ryles I think left us in an unforgiven way in my opinion for some reason and I can't see them coming into our system ever. The two have blossomed as AC's at the Roosters and Storm respectively. I think Ryles will take a leap forward one day and become a head coach just like Fitzy has done.

justadragon

Bench
Justa, we have been unsettled for a decade, not only in the spine but all over the squad of players and each year after Bennett left us there has been a lot of chopping and changing except for a couple of love childs of former and current coaches.

Fitzy and Ryles I think left us in an unforgiven way in my opinion for some reason and I can't see them coming into our system ever. The two have blossomed as AC's at the Roosters and Storm respectively. I think Ryles will take a leap forward one day and become a head coach just like Fitzy has done.
Totally agree Dave, what makes me laugh here is that the focus has all been on the Bulldogs and we are not that far behind them in every facet of being a NRL club. Their members have had a gutful and are demanding change for the better, and they can do it, whereas here we are venting our dissatisfaction amongst ourselves for the last decade.

Dragon David

First Grade
Totally agree Dave, what makes me laugh here is that the focus has all been on the Bulldogs and we are not that far behind them in every facet of being a NRL club. Their members have had a gutful and are demanding change for the better, and they can do it, whereas here we are venting our dissatisfaction amongst ourselves for the last decade.
You are totally right justa. We are venting amongst ourselves and we are not getting anywhere with just our own judgement and input as we are not in any position to effect change. The Bulldogs fans/admin just have to have a few yelps, whines and barks and they get things changed albeit with some drama (particularly with Gus) to sort out but the deed has been done and the club will be heading in a different direction now steered by Gould - the Captain of Captains. We have been left standing still and in the wilderness not of Bulldogs but of wolves waiting to take us further down unless someone, somebody, some big shot, some legal eye who can bring the kingdom of the Joint Venture Board down.

Hook has lost it and lost me. How can a kid learn by continually being tossed around. Sure he has a mistake or 2 but his confidence is being shot and he is playing with fear. I’m seeing a Moylan situation occurring less the white lines
Yep - Mary did the same thing with Host and Ramsey, among others. Remember when the full back spot was "Zac's to lose"and it lasted one week? Hook's seemingly erratic approach to selection is a carbon copy of Mary.

As difficult as it can be at times there is no room for favourites or personality clashes with players when you're a coach. I coached football (round ball) for 10 years and, especially at senior level, came across plenty of guys that I didn't see eye to eye with. But that didn't stop me working with them cos the team comes first.

With the full knowledge of this :

we signed the dimmest, slowest, pea-brained rugby league diplodocus to ever crawl out of a Jurassic swamp. God help us.

jeffdragon

Bench
Its his discipline that is killing us! And at crucial times in the game! Last week we were in front by 6 points with 8 mins on clock, they go through the middle, Lawrie drags a bloke down on 4th tackle, he then puts his foreman on the players throat to hold him down and slow the play down, ref blows 6 again, an rightly so! Titans then start again tackle 1 and eventually score off that set after getting a penalty.

Now if Lawrie had just got off the player they only had 1 more tackle to defend and Titans likely don’t score, doesn’t go to extra time and happy days, we win.
That doesn’t show up in his stats though does it?
I was almost over the loss last week Crush then you reminded me of that 6 again by Lawrie.
When will he ever score a try?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Yep - Mary did the same thing with Host and Ramsey, among others. Remember when the full back spot was "Zac's to lose"and it lasted one week? Hook's seemingly erratic approach to selection is a carbon copy of Mary.

As difficult as it can be at times there is no room for favourites or personality clashes with players when you're a coach. I coached football (round ball) for 10 years and, especially at senior level, came across plenty of guys that I didn't see eye to eye with. But that didn't stop me working with them cos the team comes first.

With the full knowledge of this :

we signed the dimmest, slowest, pea-brained rugby league diplodocus to ever crawl out of a Jurassic swamp. God help us.
That link article has just made me more miserable. Based on our performances, Hook hasn't changed his way of doing things one bit. Now anticipating a 50 point flogging from the Broncos in round 17.

slippery5

Juniors
He’s not there to score tries. But ys his discipline is undisciplined.
Lawrie's problem is, he is not big enough for a middle forward, so he has added excess lard to make him heavier. unfortunately this slows him down from being able to get too & up off the ground at speed in todays game. My opinion is, if he was of a Storm body to fat ratio acceptance, he would be 5-10 kilo's lighter.

Last edited:

Latest posts