What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors + Blues double header at Eden Park - 21 March 2020

Burns

First Grade
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...n-park-double-header-against-raiders-brumbies

"The Blues and Warriors are set to announce a double header at Eden Park next year, where they will take on both Canberra teams.

The two Auckland based clubs are holding a joint press conference on Tuesday morning where they are expected to confirm that on March 21 the Warriors will take on the Raiders, followed by the Blues taking on the Brumbies at Eden Park.

It will be a unique cross code experience for fans of the Blues and Warriors and further confirms the good relationship between the city's rugby and league clubs, who no longer see each other as rivals.

It is understood the Warriors v Raiders game will be played first, with a kick off time of 5pm, followed by the Blues v Brumbies game at 7.35pm. Every other Blues home game at Eden Park next season will kick off at 7.35pm."
~~~~
Will be announced at press conference tomorrow.

LeagueNut

First Grade
f**k I hate going to Eden Park, they should have used Mt Smart instead.

Fingers crossed that they don't lock the exit gates between the two games.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Why is Auckland cursed with rubbish footy teams in the last 20 years or so? Warriors, Blues, Kingz... I remember in the 90s when the Auckland NPC side was super dominant, what happened?

Rich102

Staff member
Same with athletics.
I remember when Auckland runners competed on the world stage.
Halberg, Bailey, Walker, Audain, Moller, Quax et al.
Now what?

JJ

Immortal
Why is Auckland cursed with rubbish footy teams in the last 20 years or so? Warriors, Blues, Kingz... I remember in the 90s when the Auckland NPC side was super dominant, what happened?
Part of it is like the Warriors they've been poor at identifying and developing talent - they've gone for the flash Harry's, and people like Jack Goodhew have been picked up by the Crusaders... Keiran Read was a Counties product, the list is long