What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriors.... robbed

Eion

First Grade
The pass to Lee was forward but that’s common nowadays in that it’s a bit of a lottery over what gets called & what doesn’t. For me the advantage call earlier was the real howler. At what point does the advantage take effect, Townsend had run 12 metres? Strange call that will get ZERO scrutiny.
That was weird, but the warriors bloke played advantage later on and it should have been a double movement penalty.

Eion

First Grade
Agree on all point. The satae 'penalty' and the advantage not given were blatantly technically incorrect calls.

I guess I can cop missing a forward pass at full speed, but chad had clearly taken his advantage and that call deserves alot more scrutiny.

The warriors play the Broncos in 2 weeks and hopefully we win off a forward pass so the triangle is complete.
I’ll be hoping and praying for that mate.

Valheru

Coach
The pass was forward but the effect of forward passes like that are overstated. If he passes it backwards the result is still the same.

The defence was beaten.

Tiger5150

Bench
I reckon that last pass for a try was forward, but every game you can whinge about that...including a far worse one the broncos sank the sharks on last week. Win some, lose some.

Ps thanks again doggies, Woodsy was huge.

Averaging less than 10m a run but yeah...it is what it is.

wibble

Bench
Kearney was pretty calm about it in the presser. He handled it well, I thought.

His summation was pretty much that both sides had their moments, his side were a bit unlucky at points but also let themselves down at points, which they need to improve on.

His biggest gripe was that he didn't understand the different interpretations of advantage within the one game, and I agree with him on that.

He was less concerned with the offside (which he said was correct) and the forward pass, as those happen.

I thought he was spot on

wibble

Bench
The pass was forward but the effect of forward passes like that are overstated. If he passes it backwards the result is still the same.

The defence was beaten.

You are correct that the defense is still at fault and if they don't want to rely on an attacker error they need to be better there.

The forward pass rule is to create a line on line game, not a game like grid iron, and passes like that one don't really mess with that intent.

And missing one like that is probably pretty easy as an official. On the live viewing I had no issues at all with the play.

Despite all this, it was poor execution from Leutele and passes like that should still be pulled up.

Meth

Staff member

The defence was beaten.

Yeah, but if the pass is forward, it's illegal. If the pass is backward, it's not.

Hope that clears things up

Valheru

Coach
Yeah, but if the pass is forward, it's illegal. If the pass is backward, it's not.

Hope that clears things up

Of course but if the warriors players and coaches are worrying about the call for more than a minute they are concentrating on the wrong thing and will inevitably fail.

The defence was beaten.

Hope that clears things up.

Meth

Staff member
Of course but if the warriors players and coaches are worrying about the call for more than a minute they are concentrating on the wrong thing and will inevitably fail.

The defence was beaten.

No, I get it. And you’re right- the Warriors should have put them away. They had their chances. Credit to the Sharks.

I guess the Warriors fans don’t just feel aggrieved (or even mainly aggrieved) by the forward pass, because whatever. I have issue with decisions that pretty much directly led to 14 of the Sharks’ 18 points. So, I guess it’s impossible not to say that the ref had a strong (and sour) influence on the game.

Leber

Bench

The defence was beaten.

The forward pass was the least contentious of the 3 calls.